posts

Gogglebox star reveals why he’s not on the show as he posts from hospital

A Gogglebox family has been missing a family member on their sofa in the latest series and he has now shared the reason for his absence in a hospital selfie

A Gogglebox star has revealed why he hasn’t been in front of the camera lately. Raza Siddiqui is a fan favourite on the hit Channel 4 series, but had to take time away from filming.

He had been a regular on the show since it first started in 2013. He often appeared alongside his family as they offered their thoughts on the latest shows. But he was nowhere to be seen in the latest series, leaving fans questioning where he was, while dad Sid and brothers Umar and Bassit continue to entertain.

Now, Raza has posted an update from his hospital bed. Sharing the snap on the Siddiqui family’s Instagram page, the upload showed a series of pictures of him in hospital. In some images, he was hooked up to breathing machines.

And to explain his absence from the show, the post read: “For you eagle eyed Goggleboxers, you may have noticed that Raza (@razathefaint) hasn’t joined us on the sofa so far this season. Sadly he had a bit of a fall, a few weeks back and cracked some ribs.”

The post said they fully expect him to return in a few weeks as he is recovering well. It went on: “He’s absolutely smashing his recovery, staying positive and keeping himself entertained with walks, telly, reading and nephew cuddles with Theodore.

I know you guys reaching out and sending your well wishes will put a bigger smile on his face than morphine ever could. Can’t wait for all four Siddiquis to be back on team @c4gogglebox with the rest of the fab families.”

The post was met with an influx of positivity and messages of well wishes. One user wrote: “Bless you get well soon, we look forward to having you back on our screens when you are well enough.”

Another wished him a “speedy recovery”. And a third said: “Oh no! Get well soon!”

The Siddiquis weren’t the only family to be missing a member in the latest series. Fans quickly spotted siblings Tremaine and Tristan Plummer weren’t joined by their brother Twaine. The trio had joined the programme in 2016, but Twaine was a recent absentee from the show.

On Instagram before the episode aired, Tremaine and Tristan confirmed: “It’s just the two T’s today as Twaine left us to go on holiday. So we’ve got a new member of the team now,” before picking up their adorable dog.

Twaine let his feelings be known as he responded to the post, saying: “Wish I was there.” He was quickly supported by his fans, who went on to wish him a happy birthday.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .



Source link

Kakao Bank posts record profit as non-interest income offsets loan curbs

Chart shows Kakao Bank’s quarterly net profit and the rising share of non-interest income from 2023 to 2025. Graphic by Asia Today and translated by UPI

Feb. 4 (Asia Today) — Kakao Bank posted record earnings last year as growth in non-interest income offset pressure on lending revenue caused by tighter household loan regulations, the company said Tuesday.

The internet-only bank said net profit for 2025 reached 480.3 billion won ($348.6 million), up 9.1% from a year earlier. Fourth-quarter net profit rose 24.5% year over year to 105.2 billion won ($76.3 million), marking the first time quarterly earnings topped 100 billion won.

The results exceeded market expectations despite stricter government oversight of household lending in the second half of the year, which forced Kakao Bank to cut its loan growth target by half.

Interest income, still the bank’s largest revenue source, fell under regulatory pressure. Loan interest income declined 2.9% to 1.99 trillion won ($1.45 billion) from 2.05 trillion won ($1.49 billion) in 2024.

By contrast, non-interest income – including fees, platform revenue and fund management gains – jumped 22.5% to 1.08 trillion won ($790.6 million), surpassing 1 trillion won for the first time. Non-interest income accounted for 35.3% of total operating income, up about 5 percentage points from a year earlier.

Fund management performance was a major contributor. Kakao Bank said profits from the segment climbed about 28% to 670.8 billion won ($487.2 million), aided by expanded bond purchases in a high-interest-rate environment and a more diversified investment strategy.

Fee and platform revenue also continued to rise. Despite lower merchant fees for check cards, advertising revenue and loan comparison service income increased 54% and 37%, respectively. Total fee and platform revenue reached 310.5 billion won ($225.5 million), up 2.9% from a year earlier.

Looking ahead, Kakao Bank said it plans to further strengthen non-interest income this year by expanding products and services and by seeking growth opportunities in global and artificial intelligence-related businesses. The bank also signaled interest in mergers and acquisitions involving payment and capital companies to broaden its business scope into areas such as infrastructure and equipment finance.

An industry source said sustaining growth in non-interest income will be critical as lending expansion remains constrained, adding that the success of new business lines will play a key role in shaping future performance.

— Reported by Asia Today; translated by UPI

© Asia Today. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution prohibited.

Original Korean report: https://www.asiatoday.co.kr/kn/view.php?key=20260205010001717

Source link

All the signs Millie Mackintosh and Hugo Taylor had split from solo getaway to missing social media posts

MILLIE Mackintosh and Hugo Taylor have called it quits after seven years of marriage.

Though it wasn’t all smooth sailing for the Made In Chelsea stars, who reportedly split following a “difficult start to the year.”

Millie and Hugo have broken upCredit: Rex Features
They were married for seven yearsCredit: Alamy

Looking back over the end of the couple’s relationship, there were indicators of trouble brewing in paradise.

Here are all the signs that Millie and Hugo were preparing to part ways, or had already parted ways prior to making the announcement public.

DWINDLING SOCIAL POSTS

This was the last photo of Millie and Hugo together posted onlineCredit: Instagram / milliemackintosh

In the months prior to the split there was a notable lack of posts online featuring the couple together.

The last one appeared on Millie’s Instagram account on Boxing Day, where she wished all of her followers a happy Christmas and posted snippets from what she described as “a wonderful few days”.

Read more Millie Mackintosh

it’s over

Millie Mackintosh and Hugo Taylor SPLIT after seven years of marriage


THROUGH THE MILL

My therapist said I’m ‘addicted to my anxiety’, admits Millie Mackintosh

The primary photo in the carousel shows Millie holding hands with her daughter, with no mention of Hugo.

It isn’t actually until the ninth photo in that Hugo makes an appearance at all, smiling at the camera while Millie looks away from him.

They’re both dressed up smartly for the holidays, a daughter in each of their arms by a neatly placed dinner table.

MILLIE’S SOLO GETAWAY

Millie has been enjoying some “her time” on a solo vacation, timed perfectly with the splitCredit: Instagram / milliemackintosh

Before news of the split broke Millie posted a reel to her Instagram grid from a week long retreat.

She’s at the calming location alone, documenting the journey in a day-in-the-life style.

Millie captioned the content: “My schedule this week. Yoga, Massage. Eating. Resting. Repeat. I’m taking this feeling home with me.”

Her followers wished her a wonderful time in the post’s comments section.

MILLIE’S SPILLS THAT SHE’S STRESSED

Millie shared how “dysregulated” her nervous system has felt, though not the cause of itCredit: Instagram / milliemackintosh

Millie shared via Instagram that she’s been feeling stressed and dysregulated, though she didn’t disclose why.

Sharing snippets of herself at the spa enjoying skin treatments and soothing massages, the star penned: “I didn’t realise how much my nervous system had been carrying until I finally stopped.

“This week isn’t about doing more, it’s about unwinding. Listening. Letting my body feel safe enough to rest.

“I’ll share this experience gently, day by day…

Have you ever felt like your body needed a pause before your mind did?“.

Only a matter of days after the post went live the couple announced they had parted ways.

THE BREAK UP

News of the break up flooded the internet today, despite it sounding like the pair’s relationship had been rocky for a while towards the end.

An insider speaking on the split told the Daily Mail: “Millie and Hugo are currently going through a separation and have sadly decided to split. 

“They have known each other for many years, and in recent weeks, have had serious conversations about their future, ultimately deciding it’s better for them both to part ways.

“Their main priority remains their children and family life, and separating is not something they ever hoped would happen.

“At present, they are considering what living apart might look like and how they plan to navigate co-parenting their young children.

“It’s been an incredibly difficult start to the year, and one they hope to continue managing in private.”

Millie and Hugo started dating in 2011 following their debut on E4 programme Made In Chelsea.

Though they split up not long after, and Millie went on to marry singer Professor Green in 2013.

After divorcing Professor Green in 2016, Millie and Hugo rekindled and wed in 2018, going on to welcome their two daughters.

Millie divorced Professor Green in 2016, two years before marrying HugoCredit: youtube/@RisewithRoxie
Hugo dated Millie in 2011 but they called it quits and later rekindled after her divorceCredit: Getty – Contributor



Source link

Man arrested in the attack on Ilhan Omar is a convicted felon who made pro-Trump posts

The man who sprayed an unknown substance on Democratic U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar at a town hall in Minneapolis is a convicted felon who has made online posts supportive of President Trump.

Anthony Kazmierczak, 55, was convicted of felony auto theft in 1989, has been arrested multiple times for driving under the influence, and has had numerous traffic citations, Minnesota court records show. There are also indications he has had significant financial problems, including two bankruptcy filings.

Police say Kazmierczak used a syringe to spray an unknown liquid at Omar during Tuesday’s event after she called for the abolishment of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the firing or impeachment of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem following the fatal shootings of Renee Good and Alex Pretti by immigration enforcement officers. Officers immediately tackled and arrested Kazmierczak, who was jailed on a preliminary third-degree assault charge, police spokesperson Trevor Folke said.

Photos of the syringe, which fell when he was tackled, showed what appeared to be a light-brown liquid inside. Authorities haven’t yet publicly identified the liquid.

After the attack, there was a strong, vinegarlike smell in the room, according to an Associated Press journalist who was there. Forensic scientists were called in, but none of the roughly 100 people who were there had a noticeable physical reaction to the substance.

Omar continued speaking for about 25 minutes after Kazmierczak was ushered out, saying she wouldn’t be intimidated. While leaving, she said she felt a little flustered but wasn’t hurt, and that she was going to be screened by a medical team.

She later posted on X: “I’m ok. I’m a survivor so this small agitator isn’t going to intimidate me from doing my work. I don’t let bullies win.”

A Trump supporter

Kazmierczak hadn’t been formally charged or scheduled for an initial court appearance as of Wednesday morning. The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office has until Thursday to charge him but could seek an extension. A spokesperson for the prosecutor’s office didn’t immediately return a call seeking further information.

It isn’t clear if Kazmierczak has a lawyer who could speak on his behalf. The county’s chief public defender, Michael Berger, said the case hasn’t been assigned to his office.

In social media posts, Kazmierczak described himself as a former network engineer who lives in Minneapolis. Among other things, he made comments critical of former President Joe Biden and referred to Democrats as “angry and liars.”

“Trump wants the US is stronger and more prosperous,” Kazmierczak wrote. “Stop other countries from stealing from us. Bring back the fear that enemies back away from and gain respect that If anyone threatens ourselves or friends we will (expletive) them up.”

In another post, Kazmierczak asked, “When will descendants of slaves pay restitution to Union soldiers families for freeing them/dying for them, and not sending them back to Africa?”

Often at odds with the president

Omar, a progressive, has been a frequent target of Trump’s barbs since she joined Congress in 2019.

That year, Trump urged Omar and three other freshmen congresswomen of color known as “the squad” to “ go back ” to their countries if they wanted to criticize the U.S. Omar was the only one of the four born outside of the U.S., having immigrated to the country as a child when her family fled violence in Somalia.

Trump stepped up his criticism of Omar in recent months as he turned his focus on the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, which is home to about 84,000 people of Somali descent — nearly a third of the Somalis living in the U.S. During a Cabinet meeting in December, he referred to her as “garbage.” And he has linked the Twin Cities immigration crackdown to a series of fraud cases involving government programs in which most of the defendants have roots in the East African country.

The White House did not respond to a Tuesday message seeking comment. But, when asked about the attack Tuesday night, he told ABC News that he hadn’t watched the footage and accused her of staging the attack. “She probably had herself sprayed, knowing her,” Trump said.

Earlier Tuesday, the president criticized Omar as he spoke to a crowd in Iowa, saying his administration would only let in immigrants who “can show that they love our country.”

“They have to be proud, not like Ilhan Omar,” he said, drawing loud boos at the mention of her name.

He added: “She comes from a country that’s a disaster. So probably, it’s considered, I think — it’s not even a country.”

Lawmakers face rising threats

The attack came days after a man was arrested in Utah for allegedly punching U.S. Rep. Maxwell Frost, a Democrat from Florida, in the face during the Sundance Film Festival and saying Trump was going to deport him.

Threats against members of Congress have increased in recent years, peaking in 2021 following the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol before dipping slightly only to climb again, according to the most recent figures from the U.S. Capitol Police.

Following Tuesday’s attack on Omar, U.S. Capitol Police said in a statement that the agency was “working with our federal partners to see this man faces the most serious charges possible to deter this kind of violence in our society.”

Lawmakers have discussed the impact of the threatening political climate on their ability to hold town halls and public events, with some even citing it in their decisions not to seek reelection.

Biesecker and Bargfeld write for the Associated Press. Biesecker reported from Washington. AP reporter R.J. Rico in Atlanta contributed to this report.

Source link