Stevie

Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks talk ‘all the time now’

It seems time does have the power to heal all wounds — even between famously volatile exes.

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham has opened up about how he and Stevie Nicks were able to move past their longtime feud while working together on an upcoming documentary for the iconic band.

“Stevie and I are talking all the time now,” the musician told E! News at Variety’s Power of Young Hollywood event Thursday. While he remained mum on whether this reconciliation could lead to future tours or collaborations, he did tell the outlet that 2027 — which will mark the 50th anniversary of Fleetwood Mac’s acclaimed “Rumours” album — “should be a pretty interesting year … because I think quite a few things will reveal themselves.”

Buckingham believes making the forthcoming Apple TV documentary has not only helped mend the rift between he and Nicks, but also any remaining tensions with other Fleetwood Mac members.

“I think the process of making that has been a very circular healing process for all of us,” Buckingham said. “Because we had left things in 2019, maybe as far as I was concerned, not in a very good place for all the wrong reasons … No one was happy about it, and all of that has been healed and worked out.”

Buckingham first joined Fleetwood Mac with then-girlfriend and bandmate Nicks toward the end of 1974. He left the band to pursue his solo career in 1987 and rejoined years later. But in early 2018, ahead of a planned tour, Buckingham was fired from Fleetwood Mac after Nicks allegedly issued the band an ultimatum threatening to leave if he wasn’t cut. The singer-guitarist then sued the band for lost wages before settling the lawsuit later that year. Despite admitting that he’d like to be asked back to the band, bad blood lingered.

A Fleetwood Mac reunion has long seemed unlikely, especially following the death of singer-keyboardist Christine McVie in 2022. But perhaps Buckingham’s latest comments, along with last year’s reissue of he and Nicks’ pre-Fleetwood Mac album “Buckingham Nicks,” are signs that not all hope is lost.

Source link

Springsteen, Bono and Stevie Wonder help the Obamas open their presidential museum

Former President Obama, joined by three former presidents, celebrated the opening of his presidential museum in Chicago in an extraordinary event Thursday that brought together world leaders, A-list celebrities, athletes and other internationally known figures.

Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera and Bono were all slated to perform at the dedication ceremony.

Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters shared the stage with former Presidents Biden, George W. Bush and Clinton, along with former First Ladies Jill Biden, Laura Bush and Hillary Rodham Clinton. Former Vice President Kamala Harris was also in attendance.

Obama and Michelle Obama are both expected to give remarks. The invite-only celebration was livestreamed and kicks off a weekend of events centered around the Obama Presidential Center, which opens to the general public on Friday, which is Juneteenth.

President Trump was not in attendance. He called the $850-million center a “total disaster” in a social media post in February.

Those at the event included California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a potential 2028 Democratic presidential candidate; civil rights leaders Andrew Young and Al Sharpton; Oprah Winfrey; comedians David Letterman, Conan O’Brien and Stephen Colbert; actor Tom Hanks; tennis legend Billie Jean King and Chicago Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts.

Former world leaders in attendance included former German Chancellor Angela Merkel and former Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Jennifer Hudson sang the national anthem. Other musicians slated to perform include Common, Eddie Vedder, Marc Anthony and the Roots, which was serving as the house band.

The Thursday celebration “will reflect a spirit of inspiration and joy, with a big boost from the performers who are sharing their talent with us,” said Valerie Jarrett, the Obama Foundation’s chief executive and former Obama top advisor. “We hope to inspire people everywhere to believe in their power to bring change home.”

General admission tickets for the center are sold out through the end of October. But tens of thousands of people have already been offered a sneak peek of the nearly 20-acre campus on Chicago’s South Side in Jackson Park.

The center, located near where Obama lived and began his political career, is expected to attract more than 1 million visitors annually. It is adjacent to the Griffin Museum of Science and Industry in the lakefront park, and not far from the University of Chicago.

The campus includes a towering museum that covers the political and personal realms of the nation’s first Black president and first lady, while public spaces include a branch of the Chicago Public Library, a playground and athletic center, basketball courts and a picnic area with grills.

The tower’s design is meant to depict four hands coming together in solidarity. Wrapped around one side are 5-foot tall concrete capital letters, an excerpt of Obama’s 2015 speech commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Selma-to-Montgomery march. It begins, “You are America.”

Bauer writes for the Associated Press.

Source link