pregnancy

Emily Atack wedding update as she says she’s seen Rivals co-star ‘naked more than partner’

Emily Atack is starring in the highly anticipated second season of Disney+’s Rivals, and has been giving a rare insight into her wedding plans with fiancé Dr Alistair Garner

The Inbetweeners star Emily Atack, 36, faces a hectic period both professionally and personally. The actress is currently organising her upcoming nuptials to partner Dr Alistair Garner, while her Rivals storyline, where she plays Sarah Stratton, intensifies.

She’s also presenting ITV’s new strategic reality quiz, Nobody’s Fool, alongside fellow Rivals star Danny Dyer, 48.

Emily, who gave birth to her first child, a son named Barney, with Alistair in 2024, has been sharing behind-the-scenes secrets from the Disney+ adaptation of Dame Jilly Cooper’s steamy novel, while offering a glimpse into her wedding preparations.

The actress joined her on-screen husband Rufus Jones, 51, on the Rivals Season 2 Official Podcast to chat about the opening episodes of the latest series, including several explicit nude sequences.

Rufus was asked about the moment his character, Paul Stratton, danced around in the buff following a shower, leading Emily to reveal that she’d witnessed the actor unclothed “more than my own partner” in recent months.

The star acknowledged that the striking scene represented “his first day” of shooting series two, remarking: “It’s very funny, I’ve done quite a lot of nudity in my career”, to which Emily interjected: “I’ve seen you naked more than my own partner this year!”

Rufus chuckled and responded: “I know, it’s slightly weird. I’ve done it about 10 times!” The actor revealed that filming the scene proved particularly challenging as the shower was considerably smaller than anticipated, leaving him with limited space to perform.

Meanwhile, Emily’s character Sarah has been wrestling with the revelation that she’s expecting a baby, while simultaneously attempting to safeguard her television career.

The actress explained that she tapped into her own personal journey of first-time motherhood for the storyline “because it really, genuinely gave me that real emotion”.

This follows Emily previously admitting she finds it difficult to look at her baby son “without crying”, as she “loves him so much”.

Beyond the Rutshire universe, Emily has disclosed that her wedding to fiancé Alistair is scheduled for September this year.

She told Luxury London in a recent interview: “I think I’ve nailed it. We’re getting married in September.”

The star continued: “I’ve very much enjoyed the planning process. Choosing napkins and stuff. I’m like, ‘My God, my life is here!'”

Emily and Danny Dyer’s new programme Nobody’s Fool launches on ITV1 and ITVX at 9pm on Saturday.

Source link

Martin Lewis Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2, TUI booking warning over cancellation mistake

The money-saving guru has urged those who have paid for trips with major holiday firms and airlines to avoid the DIY approach

Martin Lewis has delivered a stark warning to anyone who has already booked a holiday for this summer – and explained why people could be making a big mistake getting flights and hotels separately. In a recent update, the money-saving guru has urged those who have paid for trips with major holiday firms and airlines, including TUI, Jet2, Ryanair, Wizz, easyJet and British Airways, to pay close attention.

It was suggested this week that the UK could be worst hit by jet fuel shortages because it has ‘critically low levels’ of supplies and poor refining tools, by Goldman Sachs. The giant investment bank Goldman Sachs said in a research note to clients: “The UK is the largest net importer of jet fuel in Europe, and it holds no strategic reserves, leaving commercial inventories as the primary buffer.”

During his Money Show Live on ITV, the financial expert responded to an audience member who asked: ‘If my flight’s cancelled due to no jet fuel will you definitely receive at the moment package holidays give you a certain as well.’ Mr Lewis explained that holidaymakers would lose their hotel booking costs if they had arranged accommodation independently from flights reserved with airlines such as Jet2, TUI, Wizz, Ryanair or easyJet – as they would not be protected under consumer regulations.

He said: “No. And I think this is what people need to be very aware of. If you booked a package holiday where you booked everything in one, then under the package holiday regulations and rules and protections generally if your flight went you would get everything back.”

He added: “And so actually at the moment package holidays give you a certain level of extra security that you wouldn’t get if you did a DIY booking where you bought your hotel and flight separately.” The reason for this, he explained, stems from the fact that the hotel reservation itself remains entirely valid: “Because the point is if you lose your flight and you’ve DIY booked, there’s nothing wrong with your hotel.

“The issue is you can’t get there. Your hotel is still there. It’s not faulty. It’s not cancelling. So, you don’t have those consumer rights.” If the accommodation provider hasn’t violated any terms, then guests might examine how they’ve paid for their booking – but that route offers no solution either. He said: “So, you would then say, ‘What about using a credit card or debit card protection?’ It won’t work because there’s nothing faulty. And that’s just giving you the same replica rights that you would have with the retailer.”

For those still seeking a solution, travel insurance may seem like the next logical port of call. Mr Lewis revealed: “So, you’ then say, ‘What about travel insurance?’ This is the bad bit. We were checking 40 travel insurance policies. Of those, only a few would have covered you for the knock-on eventuality of your flight being cancelled due to jet fuel and then your hotel costs.

“Only about three or four and most of those were package bank accounts where it’s linked to your bank account. Only one standalone provider. So we need to be blunt at the moment. There is a big risk in those circumstances. If you’re booking, you want something with free or limited cancellation quite short before. So you could just cancel it. You should always talk to the provider.

“Government are saying there isn’t one at the moment and they’re working on consolidating flights and doing things so there won’t be one, but people’s hotel costs if they book separately and other knock-on costs are potentially at risk.”

Speaking on his ITV programme, he also cautioned that neglecting to take one vital step after booking could leave holidaymakers with absolutely nothing if their plans fall through. With the ongoing turmoil in the Middle East sparking serious worries over jet fuel supplies, Mr Lewis warned that those who book a holiday and put off arranging insurance could risk losing everything should something go wrong in the interim.

Mr Lewis emphasised that travel insurance ought to be bought the instant a holiday is booked: “The reason you do that is because half of the cover you’re paying for is in case something happens that stops you going before the trip. And if you don’t have the travel insurance place, you’ve got no cover. So, you may as well have it in place. But at this time of year when many people have already booked, I have a slight adaptation, which is this. If you’ve booked and you don’t have it yet, just get it now.

“Get it done as soon as possible.” A Money Show Live viewer named David said: “I booked flights to Australia for a family group of seven to travel in March next year. I took out insurance immediately. One of our group is now pregnant and can’t travel on the dates planned. It costs £5,000 to reschedule, which I’m happy to report the insurance covered.”

Mr Lewis also commented on the complexities facing larger groups: “Very quick aside on that, think of who you’re booking for. So, if it’s a family group and one can’t go, they’ll often cover you. But if there’s a large group of friends going, you often all get independent travel insurance. Well, then if one can’t go or and you can’t all go on the trip, it’s only the person who’s who’s got that cover. So, you’d need a group insurance policy so that if one can’t go, you all can’t go.”

Jet2 today said now people choosing a package holiday as their preferred method of booking is up 5% to 51% since February. In the same period, the number of people preferring to book through different providers has dropped by six percentage points to 20%. Those choosing ‘accommodation only’ has dropped to 2%.

The primary reasons for choosing a package holiday have remained steady, with value (36%) and ease (36%) the main drivers, however the benefit of ‘added security with one provider, ATOL/ABTA protection’ has increased by four percentage points since February to 26% the poll said.

This protection means that customers are covered should any changes happen to their bookings, including the option of receiving refunds if their travel plans are cancelled, and that those holidays are held to the highest standards when it comes to customer service, changes to bookings, and health & safety.

Jet2 has confirmed it will not introduce surcharges on any booked flights or holidays to cover cost increases, for example jet fuel, assuring customers that the price they book with Jet2 is the price they will pay.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2 said: “Consumers want assurance during times of uncertainty and package holidays provide that assurance. On top of all the protection that our package holidays guarantee, Jet2 is well known as being a consumer champion that goes above and beyond to look after customers. Ahead of a busy summer season, this means new and existing customers know that their well-deserved holidays are in the very best hands with us, and we are very excited about welcoming everyone onboard and taking them on their breaks.”

Source link

Scarlett Moffatt lands huge TV deal with ITV following latest I’m A Celeb success

Scarlett Moffatt is reaping the benefits of her popularity during her latest I’m A Celeb stint with her already being offered huge deals thanks to her on-screen success

Gogglebox star Scarlett Moffatt has landed a huge new deal with ITV following her I’m A Celeb success.

The popular TV personality missed out on being part of the I’m a Celebrity South Africa final after she was given the boot from the camp following a Bushtucker Trial that saw her have to count coloured balls. Fans were disappointed to see Scarlett, 35, axed before reaching the finale which ended up being an all-male line-up.

However, the exit has done her no harm with ITV bosses among an array of channels and brands who are keen to work with her following her latest stint. Scarlett said: “I have got something coming up with ITV and I’ve just done a photoshoot in Barcelona.”

She continued to The Sun: “It’s been a whirlwind recently. It feels like the first time I came out of the jungle ten years ago — the same thing is happening again.”

Scarlett was just 25 years old when she was crowned the Queen of the Jungle in 2016, two years after she found fame on Gogglebox. She went on to become a TV presenter in joining Ant and Dec on their hit show Saturday Night Takeaway, before diverting to Channel 4 to reboot Davina McCall ’s dating show Streetmate.

Scarlett also served as a host of I’m a Celeb spin-off Extra Camp. She welcomed her son Jude in June 2023 and took some time away from the world of entertainment, however her fresh stint on the I’m a Celebrity all-stars series has placed her firmly back in the spotlight cementing her popularity with the public.

A source said: “Scarlett might not have reached the final of I’m a Celebrity but she’s shone this series and it’s reminded everyone how funny, kind and brilliant she is. Her diary is packed with offers but she’s thrilled to have a big new project with ITV booked.”

Meanwhile, Scarlett revealed earlier this week that she and fiancé Scott Dobson are now expecting their second child. Speaking at ITV’s Showcase event on Thursday night, she said: “I’m so excited to be pregnant again.

“I didn’t know if it would happen again so I’m so grateful that I get to be a mammy for two. When I first had my little boy Jude, I decided to take two years off. Then I’ve come back into it head first and I’m pregnant again.

“But I don’t know if I’d want to take another two-year break — I love this job. I feel so grateful that I get to call this my career. I hope I’ll do lots of new things.”

The baby news came after viewers saw Scarlett talking about her fertility struggles in heart-wrenching scenes shown on I’m a Celebrity last week.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.



Source link

Gemma Arterton welcomes second child with husband Rory Keenan after secret pregnancy

GEMMA Arterton has revealed she secretly welcomed a second child.

The actress – who is set to headline the new big budget ITV drama Secret Service later this month – has revealed she kept her entire pregnancy a secret last year.

Gemma Arterton has revealed she secretly welcomed her second child last yearCredit: Getty
The new mum looked incredible as she sported some bright red trousers earlier this week in the London sunshineCredit: BackGrid
Gemma stepped out with her co-star Rafe Spall while promoting their new thriller Secret ServiceCredit: BackGrid

Gemma and husband Rory Keenan welcomed their first son in December 2022 – but now have two children.

As reported by the Mirror, speaking on the Dish podcast with hosts Nick Grimshaw and Angela Hartnett, Gemma casually revealed she is now a mother of two.

Asked how she is on the latest podcast, she told the hosts: “I’m happy to be let out for the day. 

“I’ve got two kids now and it’s just hard.”

Read more on Gemma Arterton

‘MORTIFIED’

Gemma Arterton’s brave response to director demanding last-minute sex scene


BRIMFUL OF GEMMA

Gemma Arterton looks relaxed as she takes a beach stroll on Italy holiday

Opening up further about her secret pregnancy, the fiercely private Gemma revealed her new baby is “five-and-a-half months”.

That means they were born towards the end of 2025.

She added: “I’m really well. I’ve just had another kid, and so I’m in the thick of that. 

“But it’s all lovely. And I’m getting back into it again. 

“You know, coming back from the brink of exhaustion. But it’s all good.”

It’s not the first time Gemma has kept her family life under wraps.

In November 2022, Gemma revealed she was heavily pregnant at an appearance at a film festival after keeping her first pregnancy secret.

The St Trinians actress is currently promoting her role in upcoming ITV thriller Secret Service.

Just this week the star was seen showing off her incredible post-partum figure in some leather red trousers after a radio interview in the Capital.

She plays senior MI6 officer Kate Henderson in the upcoming ITV seriesCredit: Refer to source
Gemma Arterton has secretly given birthCredit: Alamy

Source link