The Clippers’ season has come to an end but better than anyone expected. No consolation but a great job by head coach Tyronn Lue for guiding the Clippers from a disastrous 6-21 start and finishing with more than 40 wins.
Coach Lue led the team, overcoming major obstacles throughout the season with a player investigation, injuries, internal strife and major roster changes at the trade deadline. As usual for Clipper fans, wait till next year.
Wayne Muramatsu Cerritos
The Clippers are the NBA’s version of Stealers Wheel’s “Stuck in the Middle With You.” Yes, they have had 15 straight seasons of playing .500 or better, and owner Steve Ballmer has brought them respectability, but for their entire 56-year existence — which has contained many clowns and jokers — they still have never [attained] their goal of winning (or even reaching) the NBA Finals.
A EUROPEAN airline is axing all flights with immediate effect.
Lufthansa‘s subsidiary airline CityLine is to cease operations due to both the Iran war and ongoing strike action.
Sign up for the Travel newsletter
Thank you!
European airline Lufthansa has announced that it is cutting capacity across its network due to rising fuel costs and strikesCredit: Getty
The airline – which operates some flights to and from the UK – will be grounding 27 aircraft from April 18.
Flight routes typically connect London to both Frankfurt and Munich.
It isn’t clear how this will affect passengers just yet, as to whether they will offer alternative routes or refunds.
They said in a statement, according to local media: “As a first, immediately effective step, the 27 operational aircraft of Lufthansa CityLine will be permanently removed from the flight programme starting the day after tomorrow, in order to reduce further losses at the loss-making airline.”
CityLine was due to cease operations by 2028, but has since decided to close this month instead.
Sun Travel has contacted Lufthansa for comment.
Lufthansa’s main airline has also announced that it will be grounding four Airbus jets and two Boeing jets for good, by the end of the summer, which are mainly used for longer flights.
Lufthansa will reduce short and medium-haul flights by five aircraft from this winter as well, while long-haul capacity will be reduced by six.
Till Streichert, chief financial officer of Lufthansa Group, also said: “The goal is to focus our short- and medium-haul platforms more clearly and make them more competitive.”
The announcement follows hundreds of flight cancellations this week following pilot strike action.
Union Vereinigung Cockpit called the strike action over pension disputes and yesterday announced that the strike action would be extended by two days.
Pilots first walked out on Monday leading to hundreds of flights being cancelled, including many from the UK.
Around 34 flights were cancelled to and from the UK yesterday and with an average flight usually carrying around 150 passengers each, more than 5,000 Brits could have been impacted.
When further strike action was announced, VC president Andreas Pinheiro said: “The situation remains unchanged; there is absolutely no movement on the employers’ side.
“For us, this is not about political power struggles or egos, but about sustainable solutions.”
In a statement, the airline told passengers earlier this week: “Lufthansa and Eurowings are working intensively to keep the impact on passengers as low as possible.
“We are trying to have as many flights as possible operated by other airlines within the Lufthansa Group and by partner airlines.
JUSTIN Bieber’s private Coachella after-party had a guest list so exclusive that promoters and influencers who were initially invited wound up being turned away, The U.S. Sun can reveal.
The pop star was supported by the Kardashian-Jenner clan, along with actor Jacob Elordi, who was seen with them in the crowd – and later cozying up with Kendall at the after-party.
Sign up for the Showbiz newsletter
Thank you!
Justin Bieber with his wife Hailey and their son Jack dancing at ‘Bieberchella’ in CaliforniaCredit: InstagramJacob Elordi joined the Kardashians in the crowd for Justin Bieber’s headline set at CoachellaCredit: InstagramKendall Jenner went for a casual look at Coachella in a pair of white denim shorts, a white tank top, and a hat with shadesCredit: Instagram
Following Bieber’s headlining set on Saturday night in Indio, California, the star hosted a blowout bash with wife Hailey and A-list friends.
Kendall, 30, and Jacob, 28, were reportedly “all over each other” at the after-party.
A source told The U.S. Sun that the party was ultra-exclusive and hosted by Bieber’s new fashion brand, Skylrk, which also had a pop-up at the festival.
“Many people were turned down who had previously been invited,” they claimed.
“Promoters also had a lot of girls on their guest lists and I heard Hailey was turning them away.”
Influencer Zach Clayton echoed this by sharing a video on his TikTok showing a guy complaining, “They cut all my guest list off.”
He explained he invited 20 girls and they were all denied, joking that Hailey is a “boss,” and she was likely the reason they were not given access to the private event.
An insider also told The U.S. Sun that the party was off-grounds, as it’s well known Bieber purchased a $16.6 million estate in the ultra-exclusive Madison Club in nearby La Quinta.
Most read in Entertainment
The U.S. Sun has reached out to the Biebers’ reps for comment.
Kylie and other Kardashian family members also own property in the guard-gated community.
A source told The U.S. Sun that Kendall and Jacob are not serious but were seen getting close in the early hours.
“Kendall is 100 percent Jacob’s type. I heard they’re having fun and he hung out with her Sunday, too,” they said.
Australian Jacob has been single since splitting from influencerOlivia Jade Giannulliin October 2025.
The pair had an on-and-off relationship from December 2021 through late 2025.
They last stepped out together at a Frankenstein screening in New York on January 14, but are said to be over.
“Him and Olivia are so done,” the insider added.
The U.S. Sun reached out to Kendall and Jacob’s reps for comment.
Kendall was seen at the festival dressed casually in a pair of white denim shorts, a white tank top, an Adidas hat, and shades.
Jacob wore Bieber’s merchandise, including a black Swag cap, and was seen sneaking through the crowd as he enjoyed the set with the Kardashian-Jenners.
Meanwhile, Kendall has been single since her brief romance with rapper and actor Bad Bunny.
Following their December 2023 breakup, they were spotted together again in May 2024.
Kendall was also seen at the Super Bowl in February, awkwardly dancing to his halftime performance, while the rapper had reconnected with his ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Berlingeri.
Kendall’s new romance with a movie star has tongues wagging, as her sister, Kylie Jenner, is dating Oscar-nominated actor Timothee Chalamet, who was also seen at the festival.
Both actors were highlighted as key figures of this year’s awards season, often appearing together at events.
Kim Kardashian was also seen at Coachella, hiding in the crowd with new love Lewis Hamilton as they tried to go incognito.
Kendall, Kylie, and Kourtney were seen earlier in the weekend at the annual 818 Outpost event, which promoted the family’s brands, along with Hailey Bieber’s skincare line, Rhode.
Justin Bieber will return to the stage this weekend after a headline Coachella set that sharply divided fans.
The pop star opted for a stripped-back, intimate performance style — at times sitting behind a laptop, taking requests, and playing a mix of old music videos, childhood clips, and viral moments.
Some critics labeled the set “lazy” and “low effort,” arguing it lacked the polish expected from a major headliner.
Others, however, praised the nostalgic feel, as Bieber revisited his biggest hits alongside newer material.
Kendall Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian, and Kylie Jenner at the annual 818 Outpost at CoachellaCredit: InstagramJustin Bieber on stage during his set on the first Saturday of CoachellaCredit: Getty