Brown

Jaylen Brown rejects Beverly Hills’ apology after event shutdown

Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown is not satisfied with an apology he received from the city of Beverly Hills on Thursday, days after police shut down an event he was hosting in the city’s Trousdale Estates neighborhood.

The apology was not for shutting down the event. Instead, it was for including what the city called “inaccurate information” in its initial statement about the event.

Brown told ESPN’s Andscape he is considering legal action against the city after it “embarrassed my brand and my team” and then continued “to tell untruths in [its] apology statement.”

The promotional event for Brown’s performance brand, 741, was held last weekend at the home of Oakley founder Jim Jannard on the eve of the NBA All-Star Game at Intuit Dome. It was scheduled to include a panel discussion featuring National Basketball Players Assn. president Andre Iguodala followed by an after-party with around 200 invited guests.

In an X post after his event was stopped, Brown wrote, “300k down the drain.” On Thursday, in response to the city’s statement, Brown wrote on X: “You targeted me and my @741Performance event based on biased information then you give a half a— apology after the damage is already done.”

The Times reached out to the city of Beverly Hills on Friday for a response to Brown’s comments concerning the incident, including his mention of possible legal action. A representative referred The Times to the statement released the previous day.

The city’s first statement, issued Sunday, said that “an event permit had been applied for and denied by the City due to previous violations associated with events at the address” and “organizers still chose to proceed with inviting hundreds of guests knowing that it was not allowed to occur.”

On Thursday, the city issued a second release saying that upon further internal review it had determined that “no permit application was submitted nor denied for the event and the residence does not have any prior related violations on record.”

The release included a statement from city manager Nancy Hunt-Coffey, who apologized for the inaccurate information but asserted that the city still had reason to shut down the event.

“The City’s previous statement about the weekend event at the Trousdale home was inaccurate, and on behalf of the City, I would like to apologize to Jaylen Brown and the Jannard family,” Hunt-Coffey said.

“The City has a responsibility to its residents and neighborhoods to ensure adherence to established regulations for events held at private residences. These are designed to support the safety and welfare of neighbors and attendees. City staff observed circumstances that are believed to be City code violations and for that reason alone, the event was ended.”

Brown was far from satisfied with the apology.

“The city has now stated the event was shut down because officials believed codes were being violated,” he said in a statement released by Jalen Brown Enterprises Inc. “A private gathering cannot lawfully be terminated based on assumption alone, particularly when no official ever entered the residence to observe conditions or verify any alleged violation.

“This was a private, invitation-only gathering at a private home among friends and partners, not a public or commercial event requiring a permit. … No proof of any alleged violation was ever produced to the homeowner, our team, or legal counsel. Without observation, documentation or confirmed violations, enforcement action based on belief alone raises serious due-process concerns.

“Jalen Brown Enterprises Inc. supports lawful compliance and cooperative engagement with municipalities wherever we operate. However, this private residential gathering was interrupted without substantiated cause, resulting in significant financial and reputational harm.”

“We remain open to a constructive resolution with the city of Beverly Hills.”

Brown had more to say on the matter after the Celtics’ 121-110 win over the Golden State Warriors on Thursday night in San Francisco.

“This is All-Star Weekend at 7 p.m. I just wanted to enjoy myself. And I feel like that got taken away, and I got embarrassed to some degree,” said Brown, who was named an All-Star starter for the first time this year. He added, “I feel like that apology, you know, even in the statement they put out, they included some stuff that wasn’t true, even in an apology. So I don’t think that apology was acceptable.

“I lost a lot of money … and then people were making assumptions, like we didn’t go through the proper protocols. So that’s just all around a bad look, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’m extremely offended. My team is offended still. I’m not sure what the conclusion is going to be. All I know is that, that was some bulls—.”

Brown said he heard about the city’s most recent statement on his way to the game and that it fueled his third triple-double of the season (23 points, 15 rebounds, 13 assists).

“I wasn’t even thinking about the game,” said Brown, who will be back in Los Angeles when the Celtics play the Lakers on Sunday. “I was pissed. I was still pissed.”

Source link

Love Island’s Montana Brown slammed for ‘mum-shaming’ comments over kids’ snacks

MONTANA Brown is facing the wrath of the internet after her comments that food pouches for kids are ‘c**p’ left viewers feeling patronised.

The series three Love Islander, 30, posted a TikTok discussing what supermarkets brand as “healthy snack pouches” for children and how she feels sickened that people would ever actually purchase them.

Montana is in hot water after harshly saying how much she “hates” pre-made kids’ snacksCredit: TikTok
Her fans are accusing her of “mum-shaming” busy mothers who appreciate the convenience of choices like food pouchesCredit: TikTok

Speaking candidly to the camera from her car, Montana said: “All the soon-to-be mothers… don’t get into the trap of buying ‘kids’ food.

“Like going to the kids aisle in a shop and seeing all these like ‘kiddylicious wafers’ and ooh a chicken casserole in a little squirty thing.

“I hate them. I really hate them. I think they [shops and brands] want it to be so easy for us.

“They want it to be so convenient for us that we buy them every day and feed them to our kids because it’s healthy and it’s an easy…

PHONE MOAN

Montana Brown reveals furious M&S row but people say SHE’S to blame


CALL OUT

Montana Brown sparks debate after she got moaned at for talking on loudspeaker

“[You think to yourself] you don’t have to MAKE them a chicken casserole.

” But it’s full of c**p.”

The star continued to say that it can be hard to not fall into the trap of feeding ultra-processed food to your family, but parents could instead give their children “a piece of carrot or cucumber”.

She said: “I used to give Jude [her son] pouches back in the day, he used to have pouches very rarely, and when I looked at the ingredients I was like ”oh my gosh I do not want to give him this stuff ever’.

“Miley [her daughter] I would never give her a pouch, and it just annoys me because I think we need to give kids real food. 

She has two children with her fiancé MarkCredit: Instagram

“And actually there doesn’t need to be a kids section necessarily, we can just give them a carrot or we can give them cucumber, we can give them an apple, we can give them a pear.

“It just takes a couple more minutes to prepare. It’s just really frustrating.”

Viewers rushed to let Montana know they thought she crossed the line between being informative and rude, leaving parents feeling guilt-tripped for doing their best as well as patronised.

One user said: “Try being a busy mum with a full time job, being out the house 8am-6pm every day (bills to pay).

“We need a bit of convenience at times. Don’t guilt trip those of us who don’t have time to scratch cook nutritiously balance meals 21 times a week.”

A second responded sarcastically with: “Don’t give up breastfeeding until they go to high school, give them avocados and salmon everyday for breakfast otherwise they’ll never survive the real world x”

A third added: “This isn’t it babe. Mum shaming as a Mum herself is crazy.”

Montana and her fiancé professional rugby player Mark O’Connor met in 2021.

They share two children, who were born in 2023 and 2025.

Montana has been open about her difficult journey to motherhood, having experienced a breech as well as a home birth.

Montana has been open about some of the ups and downs of motherhoodCredit: Instagram
She starred on season three of Love IslandCredit: Splash

Source link

Six Nations 2026: Meet Scotland’s rising star Gregor Brown

We are inching towards a sliding doors moment in the life of Gregor Brown.

The day is surely fast approaching when Brown is no longer quizzed about being Blair Kinghorn’s cousin and when the Scotland full-back is instead asked what it is like being related to the Glasgow forward.

It is not exactly clear which position Brown is going to play for Scotland in the Six Nations, or indeed, if he starts or is on the bench, but there is one certainty – he is going to be pivotal to the team’s hopes.

The 24-year-old is only really 18 months into his time as a top-level player – a whirlwind of progress that he calls “insane” – but his impact has been enormous.

He has played Test matches with four, five, six and seven on his back. He has started against France at lock and against New Zealand and Argentina at blindside flanker.

He was Jonny Gray’s understudy in the Six Nations last season and by the summer had played some minutes for the British and Irish Lions in Australia.

“If I went back 18 months and you told me that I would have done all this, I would have laughed at you. Like, no way. It’s just been absolutely mental,” he says.

True, but Brown is a pivotal figure now for Townsend, a guy who gives the coach some questions to answer.

Townsend’s natural inclination for Rome on Saturday might be a second row of Grant Gilchrist and Scott Cummings. That would leave Brown either starting at six or, more likely, on the bench covering lock and blindside.

Source link

Who does Clancy Brown play in Fallout?

Another figure from Fallout’s past has made their Prime Video series debut

Fallout returns in season two trailer from Prime Video

*Warning – this article contains spoilers for Fallout season 2 and in particular episode 7*

Another iconic actor who previously starred in the Fallout franchise has returned to the series for Prime Video ‘s live-action adaptation.

The show’s second season has seen a drastic increase in the number of Easter Eggs and references from the original games. In particular there has been a number of links to one of the most popular titles, Fallout New Vegas.

This includes some of the show’s biggest guest stars that have appeared. Some of them have a huge connection to the original series.

Fans have already enjoyed seeing the appearance of Ron Perlman. While he has served as the narrator for the games since the original title released, in the series he plays the super mutant who saves the Ghoul from turning feral and succumbing to his injuries.

Now, the latest episode released earlier this morning (January 28) at the new time of 2am has featured another. But who do they play in the series and what is their connection? Here’s all you need to know.

For the latest showbiz, TV, movie and streaming news, go to the new ** Everything Gossip ** website.

Who does Clancy Brown play in Fallout?

Episode seven sees Cooper Howard continue to struggle in his covert battle against Vault-Tec and figuring out what is the best thing to do. He is still in Las Vegas with his wife after discovering she is there to sell cold fusion, a technology capable of infinite energy.

We have already witnessed Cooper and Barb extract the cold fusion from Hank’s neck. It is done in the same way Dr. Siggi Wilzig, smuggled it out from the Enclave in season one, which was why Lucy had to keep hold of his head on her initial journey.

Get Prime Video free for 30 days

This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more
Content Image

£8.99

£0

Amazon

Get Prime Video here

TV lovers can get 30 days’ free access to tantalising TV like The Boys, Reacher and Clarkson’s Farm by signing up to Amazon Prime. Just remember to cancel at the end and you won’t be charged.

In a previous scene, Cooper has already agreed to an exchange with Representative Diane Welch, a congresswoman for the district of Glendale. While he somewhat trusts she is on the right side, he still doesn’t want to hand over the cold fusion directly to her.

So instead he agrees to give it to the President of the United States, who in the story is the last person to hold the position before the bombs fell. He is played by none other than Clancy Brown.

Brown lent his voice to the very first Fallout game back in 1997. In the game, he played the role of Rhombus, who was the head paladin and head knight of the Lost Hills chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel.

The actor has a stellar career and is also recognised for his roles in movies such as The Shawshank Redemption as well as Starship Troopers. There is also his voice work aside from Fallout.

He played Dr Neo Cortex in the Crash Bandicoot games and has also been the voice of Mr Krab in SpongeBob SquarePants since 1999.

Fallout is streaming on Prime Video.

Source link