Breast cancer

Coronation Street star Beverley Callard reveals she’s ‘quite badly burnt’ from breast cancer treatment in health update

CORONATION Street legend Beverley Callard revealed she’s ‘quite badly burnt’ from breast cancer treatment – amid sharing a new health update.

Liz McDonald actress Beverley, 69, first revealed in February that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Appearing on The Six O’Clock Show, Beverley Callard shared a health update about her breast cancer battle Credit: sixoclockshow/ Instagram
The actress first revealed in February that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer Credit: Getty

Appearing on Irish chat show The Six O’Clock Show, the star has opened up about her current condition.

Beverley explained how the side effects of radiotherapy began to affect her after a few days.

She said: “Nausea, really tired and just wiped out a little bit.

“And I’m quite badly burnt. But I’m coping really well, actually.”

BEV’S UPDATE

Bev Callard shares hospital bed vid & reveals new diagnosis amid cancer battle


MEGA LOVE

Corrie’s Bev Callard strips to stockings for ‘date night’ with ‘megashag’ Jon

This came after Beverley revealed she finished radiotherapy only a couple of weeks earlier.

She continued: “I got through it amazingly well. I didn’t have any time off work.

“I didn’t miss a day. So I was really sort of proud of myself for that.”

Beverley confirmed she was back on set and filming her current role Credit: sixoclockshow/ Instagram
Beverley is best known for her long-running role as Liz McDonald on Coronation Street Credit: ITV

Beverley confirmed she was “back at work” and filming once again, referring to her current role as Lily Patterson on Fair City.

She concluded: “I don’t know the actual prognosis yet, I see my oncologist again in two weeks time. So I’ll know more then, but I’m doing well.”

The actress also shared how other people said to her: “You shouldn’t be working, you should be at home.”

She elaborated: “But if you are, you just sit and feel sorry for yourself.

“Believe me, I’ve done that as well, as we all do. But I need my mind to be occupied.

“If I’ve got lines to learn, it really helps. And believe me, I’ve had loads to learn, so it’s been good.”

Bev has been open with fans about the gruelling side effects as she battles cancer, and last week revealed her treatment had left her “sore and tired”.

The star told her followers: “I’ve got to speak to the hospital tomorrow.

“I’m not sure that I’m healing as well as I should be. But I’m so burnt and it’s just driving me mad.

“Also, incredibly nauseous.”

Source link

Coronation Street icons Tracy Shaw and Sally Ann Matthews reunite amid cancer battle

Coronation Street star Tracy Shaw, who was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year, has enjoyed an afternoon out with a fellow soap legend from the ITV show

Tracy Shaw has enjoyed a leisurely afternoon with Sally Ann Matthews amid her cancer battle. The actress, 52, who played Maxine Peacock on Coronation Street from 1995 until 2003, announced she had been diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and has been keeping fans up to date ever since.

On Friday afternoon, Tracy shared a photo of herself and Sally Ann, 55, who played Jenny Bradley on the ITV soap on and off for almost 40 years, onto Instagram after they spent the afternoon catching up. Whilst the pair’s Weatherfield alter-egos never crossed paths on screen, the actresses met when they both starred in a tour of the play Mum’s The Word in 2010.

She wrote: “Never stopped laughing #sallyannmatthews. Meet for an hr Brunch led to lunch 3 hrs of glorious laughter. Homemade ginger biscuits, and sunflowers , I was spoilt. We met on tour years ago and we haven’t stopped laughing since. Love you Sal.”

Tracy then shared the picture to her Instagram Story, and in the background , she added the Cyndi Lauper classic Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

“Good morning everyone. I’ve put some makeup on because I’m going to meet a friend who is going to collect me and we’re gonna go for a drink. I wanna share about how when you are at home and then you go out…do you remember the COVID days?

Earlier in the day, Tracy became emotional as she said she was getting ready to go out with a friend and it struck her just how how it felt to be leaving the house after so long indoors.

She said: “All of a sudden we started going out in the world…that’s how it feels and I feel really emotional about meeting my friend because I haven’t seen her for so long and I’ve just spent some time putting makeup on but I’ll probably cry so that’ll come off and I do feel like a painted doll! But anyway, I can’t wait to show you more and tell you more. Have a beautiful morning!”

Tracy, who also enjoyed a brief pop career with a cover of the Lonnie Gordon track Happenin’ All Over Again before going on to appear in Casualty, Doctors and a string of theatre productions over the years, previously told her followers that she was “all over the place” thanks to all the side effects of chemotherapy, and various things stopped her venturing far from home.

“Because of all the medications, thrush, and shingles, I’m all over the place. The smallest things can affect us and this, setting myself, starting the day, listening to the birds and seeing the sunrise and be amongst nature at its best.

“Also, it’s really hot and I have to get the dogs out and I’ve been really locked in the chemo land of not being able to go out because there isn’t a toilet that can actually take what I need now. That’s a bit frank but that’s the truth.

“So, today, we’ve gone to their favourite park and that will be them for the day, and me for the day. I just wanna say hello to everyone. Stay cool.”

If you have been affected by this story, advice and support can be found at Breast Cancer Support.

Like this story? F or more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .



Source link

John Torode’s wife Lisa Faulkner suffers another devastating blow after cancer op as ITV axes show

LISA Faulkner and John Torode have been dealt another blow following her breast cancer diagnosis earlier this week.

The TV couple have reportedly learned that their cookery show, John & Lisa’s Weekend Kitchen, has been shelved after ten series.

Lisa and John’s Weekend Kitchen has reportedly been shelved after ten series on ITV Credit: PA
The couple have become familiar faces on ITV thanks to their long-running cookery series Credit: Shutterstock Editorial

Amid ongoing budget cuts at ITV, the show is notably absent from upcoming schedules.

According to The Mirror, the couple remain hopeful that the popular cookery programme could return to the channel at a later date.

An insider told the publication: “John remains a regular contributor to This Morning, where he has been fully supported by everyone, including hosts Ben Shephard and Cat Deeley.

“The truth is there are no current plans for series 11 of Weekend Kitchen but no final decision has yet been made over whether it will return in the future.

CANCER SHOCK

John Torode’s wife Lisa Faulkner, 54, gives fans update after cancer diagnosis


END OF TORODE

John Torode’s ITV cooking show with wife set to be axed after BBC sacking

The couple have fronted their popular weekend cookery show together for ten series Credit: PA
The latest blow comes after Lisa revealed she had been diagnosed with breast cancer Credit: Instagram

“And John is very much a part of the ITV family through his role as a regular chef on This Morning.”

ITV confirmed that no final decisions have been made yet regarding the future of the show.

The news comes after John suffered a major career setback last year when he left MasterChef.

An inquiry, ordered by MasterChef’s production company, upheld a claim that the chef had used an “extremely offensive racist term”, which he said he had “no recollection of”, and he subsequently departed the show.

His wife Lisa announced her shock cancer diagnosis on Thursday, revealing that she had already undergone surgery and was awaiting a course of radiotherapy.

Lisa is best known for her acting roles in shows including Holby City and EastEnders, and in recent years has carved out a successful career as a TV chef.

She won Celebrity MasterChef in 2010 before going on to front John & Lisa’s Weekend Kitchen alongside her husband.

Source link

John Torode’s wife Lisa Faulkner, 54, gives fans emotional update after shock breast cancer diagnosis

JOHN Torode’s wife Lisa Faulkner has given fans an emotional update after revealing her shock breast cancer diagnosis.

The 54-year-old announced the news on Thursday and divulged that she had already undergone surgery and will be moving onto a course of radiotherapy.

John Torode’s wife Lisa Faulkner has shared an emotional update after revealing her cancer diagnosis Credit: Getty
She took to Instagram today to thank fans for their support Credit: Instagram

She took to her Instagram stories today to thank her fans for all of their support over the last 24 hours.

Lisa penned: “Thank you for all of your support and your lovely messages. i promise I will read every word.

“So many of you going through this or someone who is. Your love and kindness has really touched me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

The former EastEnders actress told her fans yesterday why she’d been quiet on social media.

READ MORE ON LISA FAULKNER

BREAST AWARE

The easily-missed signs of breast cancer after Lisa Faulkner’s diagnosis


END OF TORODE

John Torode’s ITV cooking show with wife set to be axed after BBC sacking

She divulged: “I know I’ve been very quiet on here, reason being I have had to have surgery for the early stages of breast cancer.

“I had surgery two weeks ago, it was quite a big op but it’s all good and I’ve my results back and they’ve got everything out.

“So it’s all clear and I just need now to have some radiotherapy in a few weeks.

“I just wanted to say I’ve got a bit of healing to do but I’m good. I’m well and feeling so much better and I’m so grateful I went for my mammogram.

“I just wanted to say don’t put them off, go, because they found this and without that mammogram it wouldn’t have been picked up.

“Thank you to our wonderful NHS and the fact we can have these mammograms and we can get treatment early.”

Lisa announced the shock news on Thursday Credit: Instagram
She told fans she’d already undergone surgery and will be starting radiotherapy Credit: Instagram

Within moments of her sharing the difficult news, Lisa was inundated with support from her famous pals and followers.

Actress Tamzin Outhwaite said: “Love you Lise. You’ve got this my darling.”

Another added: “Sending so much love your way, lovely xx.”

Before a third said: “Sending love and hugs.”

Lisa is best known for her various acting roles and in recent years has become prolific as a TV chef.

Her famous telly husband John Torode has yet to comment on the gutting news about his partner.

It is the latest in a long line of blows for John who was sacked from his role on MasterChef following an investigation at the BBC.

He was given the boot from the programme following an investigation which was launched based upon the conduct of his co-star, Gregg Wallace.

Source link

Beverley Callard suffers ‘down day’ amid cancer battle as husband says ‘we got some news’

Beverley Callard has suffered a “down day” amid her cancer battle but the Coronation Street star and her husband have made the best of the situation by inviting friends over for drinks

Beverley Callard has suffered a “down day” amid her cancer battle. The actress, 69, announced in February that she had been diagnosed with the early stages of breast cancer and attended her first oncology appointment on Thursday.

Earlier this week, Beverley, who recently relocated to Ireland with her husband Jon McEwan so she could star in the RTE soap opera Fair City, had previously explained that there had been a bit of a delay with her treatment because it had “taken a while” for her medical records to arrive from England.

The Coronation Street legend, who played Rovers Return landlady Liz McDonald on the ITV soap for 30 years, told fans that she is hopefully set to begin her treatment within the coming days.

But, in a turn of events, it was Jon who provided the star’s latest update and spoke to the camera himself, as Beverley chatted with friends in the background.

He said: “We’ve been to the hospital, got some news, trying to start radio therapy as soon as they can. But we’ve come home, we’ve got some friends here. It’s been a down day, but I’ve made Sangria, we’re cooking a barbecue and Beverley is like…[pans camera around].”

It was then that the former I’m A Celebrity…South Africa star waved to the camera and yelled: “Cheers!” as her friends joined in.

When her husband asked how much Sangria they had had, Beverley exclaimed: “It’s the fifth jug, there could be more!” Jon concluded the message as he said: “Sometimes, you’ve just gotta let go.”

Beverley herself captioned the post: “Sometimes all you need is @jonmmac60, good friends and 5 jugs of sangria! It feels like it’s been a long week, but this was a pretty good ending to a day of mixed feelings! F*** cancer!”

In a quick Instagram Story, Beverley was dancing with her friends as she declared: “Me and my best friends say ‘F*** cancer! I’m drunk!”

As always, the former Two Pints star was inundated with support from fans in the comments section. One said: “Enjoy your night I’ve been with you through your journey you’ve been so inspiring hope radiotherapy goes well you’ll be amazing breathing in therapy xx” whilst another said: “Blessings to you Beverly We love you.”

A third said: “Keep smiling and keep fighting,” and a fourth added: “You all deserve a few sangria’! cheers to better times.”

Just hours beforehand, Beverley had told fans following her first oncology appointment: “They’re trying to get me my first appointment for radiotherapy tomorrow but it could be next week, so it’s imminent.

“Everything was really great, they treated me so well and I’ve had loads of other ladies, and ladies’ husbands, coming up, who are all going through the same thing and we were all chatting.”

Beverley first revealed news of her diagnosis in February during an appearance on RTE’s Late Late Show, and explained that she received the diagnosis just minutes before she was due on set for her new soap role.

She said: “I’ve had some tests just before I left the UK, and literally, 15, 20 minutes before I was in my dressing room at Fair City, getting ready to go on, and I was quite nervous and thinking, ‘I hope everybody thinks I’m all right’, whatever.

“And my consultant rang me and said, ‘you’ve got to come back to the UK’ I said, ‘Well, I can’t possibly, I’ve just taken a new job’. I said ‘I’m away for a month’, and I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

“But I’m fine, I’m absolutely fine. My head was a bit mashed for the first few days. It’s very early stages, and I’m along with thousands of other women as well.”

If you have been affected by this story, advice and support can be found at Breast Cancer Support.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .



Source link

Coronation Street star Tracy Shaw shares health update after first chemotherapy session

Coronation Street actress Tracy Shaw, who played Maxine Peacock in the ITV soap, has been battling breast cancer and has now shared an update after completing her first day of chemotherapy

Coronation Street star Tracy Shaw, who portrayed Maxine Peacock in the ITV soap opera, has shared a health update after she revealed she has been fighting breast cancer.

Following the completion of her first chemotherapy session she explained to fans that she would be shaving her head and donating her hair to charity. Posting a video on Instagram, she disclosed to her followers that she had spent more than eight hours at her initial appointment.

The actress said: “First day of chemo done. I’m feeling alright but that has a great amount to do with the steroids which are helping my body fight the chemo that has gone in. So I went in today to start at 9am and I left at 5:30pm, very hot day and there was a bit of delay.”

She continued: “Basically with my chemo injection, one of which hadn’t arrived, it’s got nothing to do with robots or anything to do with the hospital team, it was the medics delivery, so yeah that was the delay. But I’m feeling really positive but everything I keep eating tastes horrible.

“Everything tastes of metal, just like you told me, and every now and again I feel like the Incredible Hulk, I want to start moving furniture around, the dogs keeping away from me because they sense that.”

This follows her recent decision to cut her hair to donate to The Little Princess Trust, and she has since ventured out to shop for a replacement wig. She posted footage online of herself modelling the various wigs and displaying them while being assisted by a Macmillan nurse who also offered guidance to individuals experiencing a similar situation, reports the Express.

Earlier this month Tracy revealed the emotional difficulties she’s been encountering, informing her followers: “Each morning I wake up and know that I have to go into hospital and receive more news, which has been going on for a long time, that unknown… I just think, ‘I can’t go through with this anymore,’ but I’ve not even started my journey.”

She’s received an outpouring of support online from her followers as she’s posted updates on every stage of her journey, with many of Tracy’s recent posts emphasising how waking up is a “gift” each day.

Source link