update

BBC Call The Midwife Sister Monica Joan’s fate ‘sealed’ after tragic health update

It looks as though BBC viewers will be saying farewell to one beloved character on Call the Midwife.

Emotions were at an all-time high on Sunday night as BBC viewers learnt the fate of Sister Monica Joan (Judy Parfitt).

Recently, Call the Midwife viewers learnt that the beloved character had kidney failure, as Dr. Patrick Turner (Stephen McGann) noted that additional tests would provide further information.

Tragically, those results were revealed during the latest instalment of the show.

As Dr Turner, Sister Julienne (Jenny Agutter) and Nurse Phyllis Crane (Linda Bassett) sat down to go over the results, Dr Turner said: “I was hoping it was something that could be treated, but chronic kidney disease is just-“

Cutting in, Sister Julienne commented: “Something that takes old people gently, but kindly.”

As Dr Turner emphasised that regardless of the matter, the disease still ‘takes’ people, Nurse Phyllis questioned how long Sister Monica Joan had been ill with the disease.

He replied: “I suspect not long.”

When asked how long she has left to live, he confessed: “The same, unless we can persuade her to accept what treatment there is, she’ll progress to end-stage renal failure fairly quickly.”

Although all seemed heartbroken by the severity of her illness, nurse Phyllis replied: “Till that day comes, we’ll just have to love her as we always have, but a bit more carefully.”

It wasn’t long before people took to X to share their thoughts on the imminent death of Sister Monica Joan as one person said: “Are they actually going to kill of sister Monica Joan? Just end Call The Midwife there!”

Someone else commented: “No, Sister Monica Joan is immortal…she can’t die.” While another added: “SISTER MONICA JOAN. Sobbing.”

Another viewer wrote: “Absolutely devastated hearing the news that Sister Monica Joan has kidney failure and may not have long left, if we lose her, it will be like losing a much-loved family member. I’d be completely heartbroken.”

For the latest showbiz, TV, movie and streaming news, go to the new Everything Gossip website ‘.

One person shared: “Don’t you dare let anything happen to Sister Monica Joan.” While another said: “#callthemidwife Oh no, surely it can’t be the demise,of Sister Monica Joan? On the other hand could it be the end on Nonnatus? What a fantastic drama this is @CallTheMidwife1 #SundayMood.”

Sister Monica Joan has been part of the beloved period drama since it began back in 2012. However, as the show marks its 15th series, it’s been reported that the final will see birth, a wedding and a funeral.

Call the Midwife continues Sundays on BBC One from 8pm

Source link

Kerry Katona gives fresh health update on painful medical condition

KERRY Katona has issued a health update after revealing that she was rushed to A&E at the end of last month with a painful medical condition.

The former Atomic Kitten singer, 45, said she was left “screaming in pain” before paramedics arrived.

Kerry has given her fans an update on how she’s doing following her trip to hospitalCredit: KerryKatona7-Instagram/Backgrid
She was rushed there in excruciating pain that turned out to be caused by undiagnosed colitisCredit: KerryKatona7-Instagram/Backgrid

Following nearly three days in hospital the star was given a diagnosis of colitis, defined by the NHS as a chronic illness that causes inflammation of the rectum and colon.

Now Kerry has given her fans an update on how her treatment is going, spilling the details in her most recent New! magazine column.

She said: “As I revealed in last week’s column, I went into hospital in an ambulance because I was getting severe pains – I thought I was going to give birth!”

Medics gave her a CT scan that led to a colitis diagnosis.

KERRY CALLS IT

Kerry Katona says Katie Price is ‘bonkers’ after shock marriage


A&E DASH

Kerry Katona rushed to hospital with painful medical condition

“I was sent home with morphine and told only to eat bland food, which I’m gutted about because I love spicy food,” said Kerry.

“As lovely as the doctors and nurses were, I’m going to have to go private and find out what the hell’s going on. It’s nothing against the NHS though.”

She added that she feels fatigued and could sleep at any moment.

Last Friday at 2:10 in the morning, Kerry shared a video to her Instagram page where she was in bed with a cannula in her arm.

Speaking candidly about the discomfort she was feeling, Kerry opened up about first receiving the colitis diagnosis.

She said: “Hi guys it’s 2.10 in the morning and I have been in hospital since yesterday – yesterday morning,” she began.

She was one of the original members of Atomic Kitten who formed in 1998Credit: Splash

She panned her camera around to show the nearby nurses station.

“It’s very full so unfortunately, I’m on a bed in the hall. I have something called colitis – something to do with my bowel.

“So it’s been s*** – excuse the pun. I haven’t slept since yesterday, the day before. I’m in the right place.”

Kerry’s painful hospital dash came after she appeared on Olivia Attwood‘s Getting Filthy Rich to talk about her decision to join OnlyFans.

She has always been open about earning staggering amounts from flogging sexy content on the subscription site – and has claimed she made £175,000 in her first month.

Kerry has decided she would like to pursue her colitis treatment privatelyCredit: KerryKatona7-Instagram/Backgrid
Since her girlband days Kerry has found big success on OnlyFansCredit: Splash

Source link

Princess Andre reveals major reality show update as Katie and Peter finally end feud

Princess Andre has shared that filming has wrapped on the second series of her ITV2 reality show The Princess Diaries, with the series expected to return in spring

Princess Andre has delivered a significant announcement regarding the future of her ITV2 reality programme. The 18-year-old followed in her famous parents’ footsteps by landing her own ITV series last summer.

The programme documented the teenager’s everyday life, though mum Katie Price was conspicuously missing after she was allegedly prohibited from appearing in any footage for the show. Dad Peter, however, featured prominently alongside her brother Junior.

Princess has now provided an exciting development on the programme, called The Princess Diaries, after it was confirmed for a second run following strong viewing figures.

The teenager has disclosed that production has concluded, with her final day on set taking place yesterday. She posted an image of the show’s clapperboard along with a backstage photograph of her recording her to-camera segments for the series.

Princess wrote: “Last day of filming.” The programme is anticipated to return to television screens during the spring months. Her announcement follows her parents releasing an unusual joint statement in which they detailed their commitment to cease making disparaging remarks about each other online.

Peter and Katie established a legal arrangement whereby both promised to end their public criticism of one another following numerous acrimonious public disputes – an uncommon ceasefire for the frequently feuding former couple.

The Sun learned that Katie had spent months declining Peter’s persistent efforts to broker peace. Sources suggest their children, Junior, 20, and Princess, 18, are the motivation behind her ultimate decision to accept her former husband’s An insider revealed: “Pete’s team have been begging Katie to end this for good for months.”

As far back as November, they were calling Katie and her family to try to end the row. “She was resolute, she wouldn’t make peace with him. It was the children who made her realise she needed to draw a line in the sand. Katie has done this for them.”

Taking to Instagram, they both posted: “Katie Price and Peter Andre have decided to close the door on the past and move forward into a new chapter with positivity and respect. We are both focused on creating a calm and supportive environment for our children.

“We have reached a mutual agreement, both legally and personally confirming that neither of us will speak negatively about the other going forward. This decision reflects a shared commitment to our family and stability.”

The statement continued: “We want to stand united for our children. We are hoping this is a start of a positive relationship. We ask for understanding and support from both the media and the public as we move ahead.”

The unusual move comes just after Katie exploded at her former husband on her weekly podcast, accusing him of keeping her away from their daughter Princess as she launched her own reality TV show and making her look like the ‘baddie’.

Peter hit back by saying he had tried to stay silent for ‘sixteen years’ to ignore ‘repeated lies from my ex-wife and her family’. “That ends today,” he fumed.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .



Source link

Jamie Theakston gives health update two years after cancer battle as he admits ‘fear it could come back’

Jamie Theakston has revealed he is constantly anxious that his cancer could come back in a new health update.

The 55-year-old said he now expects the worst every time he attends a check-up, despite being cancer-free.

Radio DJ Jamie Theakston opened up to followers about his cancer battleCredit: Instagram/thisisheart
The Heart Breakfast star made the admission on World Cancer DayCredit: Instagram/thisisheart

He explained he is “still in treatment” due to regular monitoring, with appointments every two months because of the “fear it could come back”.

Speaking on his Heart radio show on World Cancer Day, Jamie said: “So I was diagnosed back in August 2024. I was offered the choice of chemo or surgery. I opted for surgery and after three operations my cancer had gone. It was a success.

“I never rang a bell though. Most people ring the bell after chemo or radiotherapy, when treatment finishes.”

He added that he continues to attend check-ups to make sure he remains cancer-free.

Read More Jamie Theakston

his battle

‘I didn’t know if I’d be here’ says Jamie Theakston in heartbreaking confession


brave star

Jamie Theakston issues health update after cancer treatment

“Mine was slightly different because I had surgery. I then had monthly check-ups for a year, and I’m still in that cycle.

“So in year two I now go for check-ups every two months, because it can come back.

“Obviously there is always that fear. So I’m slightly reluctant to ring the bell technically because I’m still in treatment. But I also think, if it inspires anyone else, then we should all give it a go.”

Jamie was diagnosed with stage-one laryngeal cancer a form of cancer affecting the voice box – after a routine check-up following changes in his voice.

The diagnosis came as a huge shock after regular listeners to the show he co-hosts with Amanda Holden noticed hoarseness in his speech.

He took time off Heart Radio to undergo surgery with Jason King filling in hosting duties while Jamie recovered.

Jamie Theakston was diagnosed with stage-one laryngeal cancer in 2024Credit: Getty

Following treatment, the former kids TV star said his prognosis was “very positive” thanks to the cancer being detected early.

Jamie has previously revealed the hardest part of his journey was telling his young sons.

Breaking the news, he said: “I had to explain that I was going to be fine, but they were too young to understand. When you tell a 14-year-old you’ve got cancer, they think you’re going to die.

“My youngest had been with me when I was told my mum had died of cancer -so he knew exactly what it meant.”

Jamie shares two sons, Sidney, 17, and Kit, 18, with his wife British actress Sophie Siegle.

The pair married in 2007 after meeting through mutual friends at an Oscars afterparty the year previously.

Jamie kept his diagnosis from wife Sophie Siegle and their sons during a two week holidayCredit: Instagram/@jamie.theakston

Source link

Angie Best gives health update amid cancer battle after telling fans ‘I can’t function’

ANGIE Best has given her fans the latest update from her hospital bed as she fights colon cancer.

Posting from her hospital bed in Switzerland, Angie revealed she would be starting her second round of chemotherapy in the coming days.

Angie Best updated fans about her colon cancer treatmentCredit: instagram
Angie was married to footballer George BestCredit: PA:Press Association
Angie said she was feeling unwell and struggling to copeCredit: instagram

Angie, who was the first wife of footballer George Best and is mum to TV personality Calum Best, seemed upbeat in her Instagram video despite telling her followers, “I can’t function.”

She captioned the video: “All together now, 🎼 just one cornetto…yes they want me to eat sugar ffs 🤦‍♀️ I have to start second round of chemo on Tuesday 😬.”

In the video she showed her nurse waving to the camera and then spoke directly to her fans.

“So I’m back at my favourite place with my favourite nurse, isn’t she just a darling – and she speaks English but she’s Swiss,” Angie explained.

FAMILY UNITED

Sam Womack reveals project she was working on with Angie Best before cancer


ANGIE’S FIGHT

George Best’s 1st wife Angie diagnosed with cancer as son Calum releases video

“I’ve got to gain weight so they’ve got me drinking these awful things [Angie held up a calorie shake]. I can’t find a jelly baby bloody anywhere and the only ice cream in Switzerland is a Cornetto for heaven’s sake.”

Angie then pleaded for help: “Advice needed: I know a lot of you have been through this, but I can’t function, I can’t lift my head up, I can’t brush my teeth, I can’t eat. It’s terrible.”

She coughed as she concluded: “Any advice there, homies?”

Angie also wrote under the clip: “Apparently feeling like this is normal. Nothing normal about it ffs. If you’re suffering right now, we’re here for each other.”

Many rushed to wish her warm wishes, including her son Calum.

“I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way and going through this, it will pass and we come out even better I love you,” he wrote.

Another person added: “You are doing just great Angie , keep up the good work.”

And a third commented: “Well I think you look beautiful as always, have the cornetto, keep fighting and stay strong, sending you lots of love.”

Angie’s EastEnders niece Sam Womack, who herself battled breast cancer in 2022, also shared words of encouragement.

“YES AUNTIE!!!!! Eat eat eat and you always look beautiful,” Sam wrote.

Earlier this month, Calum, 44, took to Instagram to plead for support from his mum who is struggling to afford her treatment, and to tell her fans that her cancer has spread to her liver.

“It doesn’t care where you’re from, how you live, or how healthy you try to be. And now, it’s here – and it’s with my mum,” he said.

Calum said he has set up a GoFundMe page for financial support.

Angie met George Best at a dinner party in LA in 1975 when he was signing to play for the Los Angeles Aztecs, and it was “love at first sight”.

They moved to London in 1976.

When she returned to Los Angeles, George followed her and persuaded her to marry him.

They wed on 24 January 1976 and went on to have son Calum in 1981.

The couple separated the following year and divorced in 1986, following George’s problems with alcohol abuse and domestic violence.

Angie’s son Calum, set up a GoFundMe to help pay her medical billsCredit: Alamy

Source link

Davina McCall breaks down in tears as husband Michael Douglas shares emotional update

Davina McCall married her long-term partner during an ‘absolutely beautiful’ ceremony recently, just months after the couple announced their engagement following a trip to Ibiza

Davina McCall broke down in tears during an emotional discussion with husband Michael Douglas. Davina and Michael tied the knot recently in an “absolutely beautiful” ceremony in front of their friends and family.

It came just three months after Davina, 58, announced that she and celebrity hairstylist Michael got engaged during a trip to Ibiza. The couple first started dating in 2018, having met originally on the set of Big Brother in 2000.

Their marriage came after a difficult year for Davina, who underwent surgery in November 2024 after medics discovered a colloid cyst on her brain. Just over a year later she revealed she had been diagnosed with breast cancer after finding a small lump.

Now on the Making the Cut podcast, Davina’s husband Michael praised the television presenter for using her fame to speak candidly about her health battles and “help a lot of people”.

It came after Michael recently read Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography. In the book, the Boss spoke candidly about his music and his life, something Michael said he found to be a “therapeutic experience”.

Michael said: “I realised the important role that famous people can have in regular people’s lives. Bruce putting his life in the paper or out there has helped me.

“I realised what it means to be married to someone like you who also does that and what it’s like to be around someone who puts themselves out in a way that is to benefit and help other people and I want to say, well done you.

“I realise what you stand for for a lot of people and I see them stop you in the street and say how grateful they are for what you decided to do with your fame and your time. In a way that Springsteen helped me, I realised you helped a lot of people.”

The touching words from her husband made The Masked Singer panellist Davina audibly tear up. Davina will return to screens with Long Lost Families tonight (January 29) from 9pm on ITV One.

The series sees Davina and co-host Nicky Campbell reuniting people with their loved ones. Tonight the series will visit Mandy whose parents had a baby girl they placed for adoption, she is now attempting to find her long-lost big sister.

Elsewhere Jane thought she was an only child until her mother revealed she had a baby boy 11 months before her. Jane now wants help finding her long lost brother who was put up for adoption.

Davina has previously spoken about the emotions she feels when reunited siblings, especially because she lost her sister to cancer in 2012. Caroline, 50, was diagnosed with lung cancer after being rushed to hospital after suffering a suspected stroke.

Speaking to Love TV, she said: “Sometimes with siblings, it’s quite hard and painful, because one sibling might have grown up with their birth family, while the other was placed for adoption. There’s a lot to unpack there, you know?”

Davina says the show’s genealogists occasionally track people down who weren’t even aware they had a sibling. “Imagine being gifted a sibling out of the blue, it would be absolutely mad,” she added.

Source link