seconds

British Airways jet ‘seconds from disaster’ in UK’s ‘most serious near miss in years’

British Airways flight BA919 was due to land at Heathrow Airport but before it could safely land it encountered an issue mid-air which has been reported as “the most serious ‘near miss’ in the UK in years”

A British Airways plane was “seconds from disaster” after a “serious incident” above London, it has been reported.

On Monday July 6, Flight BA919 from Dusseldorf was due to land at Heathrow Airport but before it could safely land it encountered an issue mid-air. Just before it was due to land the pilot reportedly faced a terrifying moment while the plane was above Canary Wharf.

Sources said the first officer’s error required a physical intervention by the captain as the Airbus A320 was on on route to land at Heathrow Airport.

It is said the jet suffered a stall and the captain had to step in to overide the first officer’s initial input to try and fix the problem.

Experts told The Sun the situation could have resulted in ‘hull loss’, where an aircraft is destroyed or seriously damaged. They added it was “The most serious ‘near miss’ in the UK in years”.

Following the incident the captain is now understood to be on “stress leave”.

The Air Accidents Investigation (AAIB) Branch are investigating the ‘serious incident’. AAIB is an independent agency and is responsible for the investigation of civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents in the UK and its Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies.

A spokesperson for British Airways said: “We’re assisting the AAIB with its investigation and are legally unable to comment further at this stage.”

Source link

Jared Leto accused of sexual misconduct by four women who claim Thirty Seconds to Mars star assaulted them as teenagers

FOUR women have accused Hollywood actor Jared Leto of criminal sexual misconduct.

The allegations against the Oscar winner and Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman, 54, come from when the women were teenagers aged 16 to 19.

Jared Leto on the red carpet at the "Spider-Man: No Way Home" Los Angeles premiere.
Four women have accused Hollywood actor Jared Leto of criminal sexual misconduct Credit: Getty
2014 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter - Arrivals
Leto won an Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club Credit: Getty – Contributor

One accuser alleges she was sexually assaulted in a motel bathroom when she was 17.

Another claims the Dallas Buyers Club star threatened her with sexual assault when she was 19 after the pair were left alone in a hotel room.

A third alleges she had sex with Leto when she was 17, which under California laws would be classed as statutory rape.

The fourth woman has accused Leto of grooming her and alleges he once took advantage of his celebrity status by making repeated sexually explicit phone calls to her when she was 16.

RAINBOW UNZIPPED

Dark truth behind Rainbow, how kids’ show was plagued by controversy


LOSIN’ IT

Tom Cruise’s daughter Suri DROPS his last name after 10 years of not seeing him

He suggested they should have sex on at least one occasion, the alleged victim claims.

Four other women also allege they received strange and often sexual phone calls from Leto when they were younger.

A ninth woman also accuses the Morbius lead of ordering a security guard to take her backstage at a music festival when she was 14.

The woman alleges he made a sexual comment about her chest during an autograph-signing before claiming her mother confronted him.

The allegations all come from between 2002 and 2016 when Leto was in his 30s and 40s.

Leto is yet to respond to the allegations.

He has previously denied historic sexual misconduct accusations by nine women, including some who said they were teenagers at the time.

The Sun has reached out to Leto’s team for comment.

The allegations all come from a new BBC documentary titled Jared Leto: Hollywood‘s Dark Secret.

One unnamed accuser said: “This was 25 years ago… he has gotten away with it.”

Leto starred as The Joker in Suicide Squad and won an Oscar and Golden Globe for Dallas Buyers Club

He is also the frontman to rock band Thirty Seconds To Mars

Source link