schumer

Bikini-clad Amy Schumer displays incredible 50lb weight loss as she enjoys sunny yacht day

AMY Schumer has displayed her incredible 50lb weight loss in a bikini while soaking up the sunshine.

The 45-year-old actress and comedian, who revealed last year that she was taking weight loss jab Mounjaro, has shown off her slender figure on a boat.

Amy Schumer has shown off her 50lb weight loss transformation Credit: amyschumer / instagram
She turned slightly to show off her peachy posterior Credit: amyschumer / instagram

“I never knew there would be days like this. No filter as per ushe,” Amy, who filed for divorce from her husband in January, penned in the caption.

Fans and friends flocked to the comments to swoon over the stunning snaps.

“I’m so happy you’re happy,” said one person.

“So beautiful, Amy. Happy and thriving,” wrote another.

SHOW’S OVER

Amy Schumer files for divorce from husband Chris Fischer


EX-BEST FRIENDS

Amy Schumer and Nikki Glaser embroiled in explosive secret feud

Amy looked relaxed as she soaked up the sunshine and rocked a gorgeous kimono Credit: amyschumer / instagram
She has been on a weight loss journey in recent years Credit: Getty

“Sensational,” gushed a third, while a fourth said: “Yeah get it girl!”

More than a year ago, the Trainwreck star revealed she was taking Mounjaro in an Instagram video.

In the video she shared last March, Amy noted how the drug is not covered by insurance unless a patient has diabetes or severe obesity.

“Which most of the internet thinks I have,” she joked.

“But I’m having a really good experience with it, and I wanted to keep it real with you about that.”

Amy previously confessed to having taken Ozempic and having a “horrible experience” with it.

Speaking on The Howard Stern show, she said: “I have this gene, GDF15, which makes you extremely prone to nausea, which is why I was so sick during my pregnancy.

“So, I tried Ozempic almost three years ago and I was, like, veteran.

“I was, like, vomiting — and then you have no energy. But other people take it and they’re all good. God bless them.”

She explained how she “lost 30 pounds so quick” but noted how the nausea she experienced was awful.

In 2024, the actress and director revealed she had been diagnosed with Cushing’s Syndrome, which was caused by having steroid injections in high doses.

She then spoke out about how the trolling she received over her “moon face” led to her diagnosis.

Speaking on the Call Her Daddy podcast hosted by Alex Cooper last year, she said: “A year ago, the Internet really came for me.”

Amy was referring to how last January she appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, when people commented on her “puffy” and “swollen” face.

Source link

Senate rejects an initial attempt to ban Trump’s $1.8-billion ‘anti-weaponization’ fund

Initial efforts in the Senate failed Thursday to block the $1.8-billion fund that the Trump administration has sought to establish to pay people who claim the government wronged them, though further attempts were likely to come Thursday afternoon.

Republicans narrowly voted down a Democratic amendment to ban the payout fund and then Democrats killed a Republican amendment, which would have prohibited the use of federal money for the fund but would have sent $1.7 billion to the Justice Department’s fraud division.

It was the second effort in Congress to rebuke President Trump in two days, following the House vote Wednesday to rein in Trump’s war powers in Iran.

The dueling amendments were proposed by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.). They were attached to the reconciliation bill that would fund Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Border Patrol, a high priority for Republicans.

The votes came as the Senate began a “vote-a-rama,” during which lawmakers were expected to propose a stream of amendments to the immigration bill on various topics.

The Trump administration’s plan for the payment fund — widely seen as a way for Trump to compensate his political allies, including those who participated in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol — set off particular ire from some GOP lawmakers.

The plan has fueled growing unrest within parts of Trump’s party over his governance, compounded by the president’s endorsement of primary challengers to Sens. John Cornyn (R-Texas) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.), as well as Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), which angered some Republican senators.

Cassidy, who lost his primary and has since voiced strong opposition to Trump’s $1.8-billion fund, became a key player in the Thursday votes, voting down Schumer’s amendment but supporting Tillis’.

On Wednesday, Cassidy joined with Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) to argue in a court filing that the $1.8-billion fund circumvents Congress’ authority and violates the Constitution’s spending and appropriations clauses.

“It is an unconstitutional attempt to spend the People’s money without Congressional approval,” Cassidy and Booker wrote in an amicus brief filed in the federal court case challenging the fund.

The fund was created by the Justice Department to settle a lawsuit brought by Trump against the Internal Revenue Service over the leak of his tax returns. Trump and his sons agreed to drop their personal lawsuit against the government in exchange for the creation of the $1.776-billion fund. Critics immediately questioned the plan, and it drew a rare backlash from Republicans.

In late May, GOP senators derailed plans to vote on the immigration bill over their displeasure with the payout fund and with Trump’s desire to use taxpayer funds for his planned White House ballroom. Senate Republicans removed the ballroom funding from the immigration package Wednesday, another setback for Trump.

The Trump administration sought to back away from its plans for the fund this week, following bipartisan outcry and a federal court ruling that temporarily blocked any payouts from the fund. Acting Atty. Gen. Todd Blanche said Tuesday the administration would end its plans to move ahead with the concept.

But Trump on Wednesday told reporters he didn’t know whether the fund was dead, calling it “a beautiful thing.”

After Schumer proposed the first amendment to ban the fund Thursday morning, the Senate came to a standstill as three key Republican senators deliberated. Schumer framed his effort to ban the fund Thursday as a way to force a referendum on Trump’s plan.

The amendment “offers Republicans a choice: Do you support Donald Trump’s $2 billion taxpayer-funded slush fund, or do you want to protect the American people and their paychecks?” Schumer said on the Senate floor before the vote.

Sen. Bernie Moreno (R-Ohio) urged Republicans to reject the amendment, saying Democrats were planning to “play so many games” on Thursday during the marathon session.

“We are going to fund immigration enforcement and border patrol, and I urge my Republican colleagues to stay united on that singular mission,” Moreno said.

The amendment failed after Cassidy voted against it. Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, Jon Husted of Ohio and Dan Sullivan of Alaska voted in favor.

Schumer’s amendment was uniformly supported by Democrats, including California Sens. Adam Schiff and Alex Padilla.

Tillis, who also voted against Schumer’s amendment, immediately proposed his amendment. Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon) urged Democrats to oppose it, saying that the proposal would create “a new slush fund” by giving the money to the Justice Department.

“We heard over the last 48 hours that the acting attorney general said that this fund’s not moving forward. All this amendment does is codify what I believe the policy of the DOJ is,” Tillis said on the floor before voting began on his amendment. “This [fund] is unpopular, this administration has said they’re not moving forward with it; this is an opportunity for us to put it to bed.”

Responded Merkley: “Taking one slush fund and eliminating it and then creating a new slush fund still under control of the attorney general is not the way to go. The way to go is to get rid of these slush funds altogether.”

Trump has faced a recent string of failures, including the House vote Wednesday, a court ruling to remove his name from the Kennedy Center and a record-low approval rating among Americans as concern rises about economic issues, gas prices and Trump’s war with Iran.

On Wednesday, Trump lashed out against the four Republicans who backed the House war powers resolution, calling it “an unpatriotic thing” to do and calling the vote “meaningless.”

“They’re GRANDSTANDERS! They should be ashamed of themselves. MAGA!!! President DJT,” Trump wrote.

Times staff writer Ana Ceballos, in Washington, contributed to this report.

Source link