rapper

Rob Base dead aged 59: It Takes Two rapper in duo with DJ E-Z Rock dies after cancer battle

HARLEM rapper Rob Base, one-half of Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock, has died aged 59.

The musician, whose real name is Robert Ginyard, passed away after a private battle with cancer, his family announced in a statement.

Rob Base was best known for the hit ‘It Takes Two’ Credit: WireImage
Base made up one half of rap group Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock Credit: Getty Images

Base, best known for the hit “It Takes Two”, celebrated his birthday just four days ago.

A statement posted on his social media account read: “Rob’s music, energy, and legacy helped shape a generation and brought joy to millions around the world.

“Beyond the stage, he was a loving father, family man, friend, and creative force whose impact will never be forgotten.

“Thank you for the music, the memories, and the moments that became the soundtrack to our lives.”

Base and E-Z Rock brought a unique blend of house music and hip-hop to the mainstream in the 1980s.

E-Z Rock died from complications of diabetes in 2014.

Their breakaway hit, “It Takes Two”, reached number three on the Billboard Hot Dance/Club Songs chart in 1988.

What began as a neighbourhood party record from the streets of Harlem blew up into an iconic anthem.

Rob Base (L) and DJ E-Z Rock perform during the Legends Of Hip Hop Reunion Tour in 2012 Credit: Getty
Base continued performing in recent years including at the I Love The 90’s tour in 2016 Credit: Getty

Since its release the track has been sampled by everyone from Snoop Dogg to Black Eyd Peas.

Base and E-Z Rock met in the fifth grade while growing up in Harlem.

They became inspired to form a duo as teenagers leading Base to buy a mic and E-Z Rock a mixer and turntables.

More recently, Base continued performing on the “I Love the ’90s Tour” alongside acts like Vanilla Ice and Young MC.

He also mentored up-and-coming artists under his company Funky Base inc.

Base also worked as an executive producer on the horror film “Urban Flesh Easters”, released last year.

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us on TikTok @TheSun.



Source link

US rapper apologises to fans as he cancels first THREE weeks of tour

A huge singer and rapper has apologised to fans saying “I love you all” after he was forced to cancel the first three weeks of his tour.

The star got candid with his loyal fans on social media as he revealed the reason why – and it’s not what you might expect.

The US rapper released a statement on Instagram saying he was ‘so sorry’ and ‘can’t wait’ to see fans soon Credit: Instagram / postmalone
Post Malone has apologised to fans after he was forced to cancel the first three weeks of his upcoming tour Credit: Getty

Post Malone, kicked off the Big A** Stadium Tour in Salt Lake City last April and was due to begin part 2 on May 13 in El Paso, Texas.

But unfortunately the Circles singer has now postponed the tour with Jelly Roll until June 9 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Taking to Instagram, Post Malone said in a statement: “Looking at the upcoming schedule after Stagecoach [festival], I came to the realization that what we were trying to do, and what’s possible isn’t really lining up.

“Truth is I promised y’all beautiful people new music, and I don’t have the time to finish it before our tour starts. We ain’t ready for tour just yet, so I’m making the decision to push the tour back about 3 weeks to get this music done.”

The 30-year-old is set to release his upcoming seventh studio album soon Credit: Getty
Post Malone’s tour was supposed to begin on May 13 but has now been pushed back to June 9 Credit: Getty

Post Malone, who’s real name is Austin Post, continued: “That being said I’m so sorry to the folks who were planning on coming to the few cancelled shows…

“That THAT being said we’ve been making some bada** s**t for this album… and I can’t wait to perform for y’all. I love you and can’t wait to see you crazy motherf*****s soon.”

The rapper has cancelled five dates more dates after the opening night including May 19 in Waco, Texas; May 23 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; May 26 in Birmingham, Alabama; May 29 in Tampa, Florida and June 5 in Oxford, Mississippi.

Post Malone’s upcoming seventh studio album The Eternal Buzz has been teased as a mega project with 40 songs.

Most read in Entertainment

The star last released F-1 Trillion back in 2024 and it was a huge hit – charting at number 1 in the US, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Norway and The Netherlands.

His pending project will be more traditionally country as opposed to F-1 Trillion, which is categorized under country pop.

Source link

Rapper d4vd arrested on suspicion of murdering 14-year-old girl | Crime News

Arrest comes after police found the body of Celeste Rivas in a car registered to the musician last year.

American rapper David Anthony Burke, known by his stage name d4vd, has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a 14-year-old girl whose dismembered body was found in a car registered to him.

Los Angeles police took the 21-year-old singer into custody on Thursday “for the murder of Celeste Rivas”, the city’s police department said in a statement. He is being held without bail.

Recommended Stories

list of 3 itemsend of list

Burke’s arrest comes seven months after police uncovered Rivas’s badly decomposed body in the trunk of an impounded Tesla registered in his name.

Investigators found two black bags in the vehicle – one holding a decomposed head and torso and the other containing other body parts, according to a court filing. An autopsy revealed that Rivas “appeared to have been deceased inside the vehicle for an extended period of time before being found”. The discovery occurred one day before Rivas would have turned 15.

The LA County District Attorney’s office will review the case against Burke on Monday for formal charges, according to police.

Burke’s lawyers issued a statement saying they would “vigorously defend” his “innocence”.

“Let us be clear – the actual evidence in this case will show that David Burke did not murder Celeste Rivas Hernandez and he was not the cause of her death,” lawyers Blair Berk, Marilyn Bednarski and Regina Peter said in a statement quoted by NBC News.

Burke, from Queens, New York, shot to internet fame in 2022 when his Romantic Homicide became a breakout hit on TikTok.

Last year, the musician cancelled the last part of his US and European tours amid growing fallout from the investigation into Rivas’s death.

Source link