parents

Stranger Things star Maya Hawke marries boyfriend on Valentine’s Day watched by Netflix co-stars and famous parents

STRANGER Things star Maya Hawke has married her long-term boyfriend in a surprise wedding on Valentine’s Day.

The actress, 27, tied the knot with musician Christian Lee Hutson in New York City on Saturday.

Maya Hawke and Christian Lee Hutson tied the knot on Valentine’s DayCredit: Getty
Her fellow Stranger Things co-stars were also in attendanceCredit: Getty
The actress was friends with Christian years before things turned romanticCredit: Getty

Maya’s famous Hollywood star parents, Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman were among the famous faces in attendance.

Her Stranger Things co-stars Finn Wolfhard, Natalia Dyer, Joe Keery, Sadie Sink, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, Gaten Matarazzo and Charlie Heaton attended the big day.

Photos showed Maya looking stunning in a classic sleeveless white gown paired with a veil over her head and a long trail.

Maya wore her hair in a chic updo and completed her look with subtle makeup.

Her father appeared full of pride as he walked alongside his daughter on the streets of New York while holding her bouquet of flowers.

Other snaps showed the happy couple taking photos outside the venue, while Maya’s bridal team helped rearrange her dress.

Maya and singer Christian were first romantically linked in 2023.

The pair frequently worked together on music projects. and even collaborated on Maya’s second studio album Chaos Angel in 2024.

Most read in Entertainment

Maya also appeared on Christian’s album Paradise Pop. 10 and joined him for a few stops on tour early 2025.

“Christian has been so encouraging to me as a musician, helping me to make the transition from a being a poet in a band to sort of being a musician,” Maya told Variety in June 2024.

In 2023, Maya and Christian were first spotted sharing a kiss in New York City.

They were seen strolling through the city and stopped at a jewellery store.

The couple went on to make their relationship red carpet official on April 2025, at the opening night of Broadway’s John Proctor Is the Villain.

Maya attended the event in support of her co-star Sadie Sink, who was starring in the play.

The pair were good friends for four years before they took things to the next level.

Maya previously said she ‘cannot recommend dating a friend enough’.

“It’s the best,” she said.

“They know you, they understand that you are a person and a human being who has dated other people … not just a piece of paper for them to project their image of a perfect girlfriend onto.”

Maya previously said she ‘cannot recommend dating a friend enough’Credit: Getty
Maya’s mum is Hollywood actress Uma ThurmanCredit: Getty Images – Getty
Her dad is US film star Ethan HawkeCredit: Getty

Source link

Maxim Naumov shines in Olympics spotlight on strength of parents

Maxim Naumov typically trembles as he waits in his opening position before the music begins. But on Tuesday, the 24-year-old U.S. figure skater stood firm at center ice with the Olympic rings beneath his feet and his right fist raised. A white gold ring with a single diamond on his ring finger glittered in the light.

It was his father’s ring.

A year after his parents, Vadim Naumov and Evgenia Shishkova, were among 67 people killed in a Washingon, D.C. plane crash, Naumov carried their strength during his Olympic debut and delivered an emotional season’s best 85.65 in the men’s short program that qualified him for the free skate.

U.S. teammate Andrew Torgashev also scored a season’s best in his Olympic debut, qualifying for Thursday’s free skate with an 89.94. His coaching team, which includes Irvine-based Rafael Arutyunyan, fist-bumped after Torgashev hit the final combination jump of his program. Skating to “Maybe I Maybe You” by the Scorpions, Torgashev flashed the rock-and-roll symbol to the crowd as he saluted.

Instead of the raw emotion Naumov released after the U.S. championship that clinched his Olympic spot last month, he smiled purely and breathed deeply while the crowd at Milano Ice Skating Arena showered him with applause. He looked toward the rafters and spoke to his parents.

“Look what we just did,” Naumov said. “We did it.”

Maxim Naumov holds a photo of his parents after competing during the men's free skate at the U.S. championships.

Maxim Naumov holds a photo of his parents after competing during the men’s free skate at the U.S. championships.

(Stephanie Scarbrough / Associated Press)

The elder Naumov and Shishkova were three-time world pairs skating medalists and two-time Olympians. The 1994 world champions coached at the Skating Club of Boston and remained at the 2025 U.S. championships in Wichita, Kan., after the competition to coach a development camp.

Maxim Naumov, who had finished fourth at the U.S. championships for the third time in a row, returned home immediately after the competition. In one of their last discussions as a family, Naumov’s father laid out the plan to ensure they could reach the Olympics in one year. The talk lasted about 45 minutes. After the first 30 minutes, Naumov said he was rolling his eyes the way children often do, but he understood the message: They were going to work together and revamp everything they do.

After the crash on Jan. 29, 2025, Naumov struggled to leave the house. He couldn’t bear to tie his skates. Going to the rink felt unimaginable.

At every moment, Naumov wanted to lay in bed and rot. He instead chose to find the thing that felt like the most difficult task and attack it. At first it was simply waking up. Then it was getting out of bed. Then it was going to work and coaching his parents’ former students. Now they’re his students.

“The only way out is through,” Naumov said. “Everyone has the ability to do that: to remain strong in your mind, have willpower and do things out of love instead of fear. I think if you’re able to do that, whatever it is that you’re going through, however big or small, you can have small wins every single day, and you can do things that you never thought that you could.”

Naumov earned his Olympic spot by finishing third at last month’s U.S. championships. The emotions of the national competition that would decide the family’s dream were so heavy that after he finished his free program, he found a secluded corner in the tunnel and sobbed.

Finally on the Olympic stage, Naumov felt nothing but stillness. Naumov said he felt his parents’ presence and the support of the entire figure skating community “like a hand on my back pushing me forward.”

Looking at old videos can still be painful for Naumov. But he mustered the strength to look through the family’s large photo album ahead of the U.S. championships and pick out several photos he brought to the competition. His parents had always been in the kiss-and-cry with him. With his spot on the Olympic team at stake, he wanted them there again.

Waiting for his score in Milan, Naumov flashed a photo he picked. He is flanked by his parents standing on the ice for the first time at about 3 years old.

Two decades later, he was stepping off Olympic ice.

“To be able to just have 2 minutes and 50 seconds to show what you’ve been working on for 19 years, and to be able to make it happen when it matters and when it counts, there’s no feeling like it at all ever,” Naumov said, still breathless from the emotional performance more than 30 minutes after he nailed the final note. “I just hope that I made everyone proud.”

U.S. flags waved on every side of the rink as he saluted the crowd. He knows his mother would have not been there watching in person because she was too nervous to attend. Refreshing the online score tracker to keep up with Naumov’s program, she would always find a way to send a message of support to her son.

Before his program, Naumov sent a message of his own.

“Mom and dad,” the videoboard in the arena read, “this is for you.”

Source link

Lucy Letby’s six-word goodbye to parents – Shocking revelations in bombshell documentary

New Netflix documentary, The Investigation of Lucy Letby, airs unseen footage of the former nurse’s arrest before she was charged with the murder of seven infants

An explosive new Lucy Letby documentary by Netflix features unseen police footage and new evidence which will make some viewers question her conviction.

The former nurse, 36, has been dubbed the Angel of Death, after she was convicted of murdering seven infants and attempting to murder seven others, with two attempts on one of her victims, between June 2015 and June 2016. But not everyone is convinced of her guilt and there will be more debate with the release of this film. Here are the most shocking moments of the film…

READ MORE: Lucy Letby’s parents who stand by daughter and warn Netflix doc will ‘kill them’READ MORE: Lucy Letby Netflix documentary – when it’s out and everything we know so far

Lucy Letby’s six-word comment to crying parents on arrest

The documentary starts with a hugely emotional scene showing Letty’s arrest by police as she tells her parents: “You know I didn’t do it.”

Letby’s mum Susan wailed in pain as police entered the family home in Hereford in June 2019. It is Letty’s second arrest and her mum says: “Please no, not again no!”

Police ignore her though and continue up the stairs to arrest Letby in her bedroom where she is in a dressing gown.

Letby then walks down the stairs with officers and begs “Please can I see my cat?” and is allowed to stroke the cat before she is handcuffed.

Off camera Letby is picked up by a mic and tells her parents: “You know I didn’t do it.”

And her mum replies: “I know you didn’t. We know that!” Her dad John’s voice can also be heard agreeing.

Letby then refers to her cats when she walks out the front door and says: “It’s alright, look after the boys.”

As Letby leaves the house in a dressing gown her mum can be heard starting to sob at the front door again.

“Just go in mum,” Letby tells her. “Don’t look mum just go. Mum just go in.” The car then drives her to the police station where she faced further questioning.

Parents have criticised the decision for footage of their home to be given to Netflix by Cheshire police, calling it a “complete invasion of privacy”.

The couple raised concerns the documentary might make their home “become a tourist attraction”.

In a statement to The Sunday Times, the couple said: “The previous programmes made about Lucy, including Panorama and the almost nightly news showing her being brought out handcuffed in a blue tracksuit are heartbreaking for us.

“However, this Netflix documentary is on another level. We had no idea they were using footage in our house. We will not watch it – it would likely kill us if we did.

“We have, however, stumbled on pictures of her being arrested in her bedroom in our house and her saying goodbye to one of her beloved cats, which are even more distressing.

“Heaven knows how much more they have to show. All this taking place in the home where we have lived for 40 years. It is in a small cul-de-sac in a small town where everyone knows everyone.

“It is a complete invasion of privacy of which we would have known nothing if Lucy’s barrister had not told us.”

Letby speaks out on Post It note “confession”

For much of the documentary when Letby is shown in police custody she is seen saying “no comment” to questions and looking emotionless. That changes when she is shown post it notes and paper and asked about comments she has made on them.

Letby says: “I just wrote it because everything had got on top of me. It was not long after I had been removed from the unit.

“I felt like I might have hurt them without knowing. That made me feel guilty.

“I felt like in my practice I might have hurt them without knowing through my practice. And that made me feel guilty.

“I was blaming myself. But not because I had done something, because of the way people were making me feel. I felt like I had only done my best for the babies, trying to say that my practice wasn’t good or I had done something, I just couldn’t cope.

“I did just not want to be here anymore. I felt It was all spiralling out of control. And I didn’t know how to deal with it all.

“He was trying to imply it was something I had done.

“It crossed my mind at time whether they were trying to blame me for something somebody else had done.”

Mother of victim speaks for first time

The mum of one of the babies attacked by killer nurse Letby speaks for the first time in the documentary. It tells how Zoe (not her real name) was born on June 20, 2015, but died two days later.

Her mum, given the name ‘Sarah’ in the doc, revealed she watched helplessly as doctors desperately tried to save her daughter.

She says: “It was hard looking at her in the incubator. I couldn’t take her out, but I was able to hold her hand. She was so fragile, small and precious, I became a mummy.

“The doctors were telling us that she was responding very well, that she was responding as expected, and there were no concerns.”

But she tells the documentary of the hoor which followed: “I was fast asleep when a nurse turned a light on. She said, ‘You need to come right now’. I asked, ‘what’s going on?’ And she said, ‘there’s no time we need to go’.

“I remember being wheeled down the long corridor thinking, what’s going on. I felt the panic in the room.

“The doctor was trying everything to keep her heart pumping. He wasn’t giving up. I wanted him to keep fighting. But the other doctor put her hand on his shoulder and said, ‘You need to stop, you need to let her go’.

“The doctor was still holding Zoe, but he stopped what he was doing. That was it. It was finished. It was over.”

Zoe’s mum later tells the show how she later received a call from the police telling her someone had been arrested in connection with the baby’s death: “All of a sudden I realised someone could have purposely targeted my child. We were just completely lost for words.”

When she saw Letby’s picture on the news, she said: “As soon as I saw her face I recognised the nurse straight away. When I visited Zoe for the last time she had a clipboard but she wasn’t really doing any jobs. She was just there, watching us.”

She tells the show: “Preparing for the trial was very challenging. There wasn’t a day I wasn’t thinking about Zoe. I wanted to do her justice, but I didn’t want to go to trial and be biased. I knew Lusy Letby was going to take the stand so I needed to face her.

“For the first time since Zoe’s death I was seeing Lucy Letby. I sat three metres away from her. She looked at me a dozen times, staring. Every time she looked at me I’d have to look down.”

When she appeared in court Letby recalled details of almost all of the 17 children she was accused of harming – except baby Zoe.

Sarah ends the doc saying: “There’s no getting over any of this, there’s the sorrow but there’s the hope and love we have for her.

“Ultimately we’re still here and I want to count my blessings and appreciate what I have. I was strong enough to try again. My husband and I have a beautiful son. He is our reason for everything.

“I have always talked to him about Zoe. He knows she died when she was a baby. He knows she’s in heaven. It’s been storm after storm and it’s not over. But I want to make it through.”

Letby reveals her prison conditions and plans for future

In the doc her friend Maisie reads from a letter she has received from Letby whilst she is in prison.

Letby said: “Maisie, there are no words to describe my situation, but knowing that I have your friendship regardless, is so important and special to me.

“I have my own room and toilet. I’m able to shower each day and go outside for a walk. Getting outside is so important, even though it’s bit chilly. I miss Tigger and Smudge so much, it’s heartbreaking that they cannot understand why I’m no longer there. They must think I’m a terrible mummy. Mum and Dad are taking good care of them, though, and are, no doubt, spoiling them. Poignantly, Letby added: “I’m trying to do all that I can to remain strong and positive. I’m determined to get through this. I will not give up.”

Friend Maisie then begins to cry on screen. Just before reading the letter aloud she had admitted: “Up until the trial and verdict I would write to Lucy and she would write back. Now I don’t know what to say.”

Doctor admits “tiny, tiny guilt” they have got wrong person

Dr John Gibbs was a consultant paediatrician was working at the Countess of Chester Hospital when the baby deaths occurred and suspicion grew around Letty’s involvement.

He concludes his interview in the doc by saying: “Some people are claiming that we consultants had a vendetta against Lucy Letby. Where’s your evidence for that?

“I have been accused online of killing babies, which is shocking.

“I live with two guilts, guilt we let the babies down and tiny, tiny, tiny guilt did we get the wrong person? Just in case.

“I don’t think there was a miscarriage of justice, but you worry that no one actually saw her do it.”

By contrast Letby’s friend Maisie is standing by her even though she has some small concerns she might not be innocent.

Maisie says: “Over the last few years, I’ve got through questioning has she presented one side to me and a different side to other people.

“There’s always doubt, because as much as you know someone, you never know the whole of someone. They can still have things that you don’t know about them. But unless I saw actual evidence, I can’t believe it.

“I know that people think that I support a baby murderer, but she’s my friend and currently, in jail, forever.”

Letby barrister continues to fight for “last chance” retrial

The final twenty minutes of the documentary are given over to how Mark McDonald joined Letby’s legal team after she was convicted of murdering seven infants and attempting to murder seven others, with two attempts on one of her victims, between June 2015 and June 2016.

He insists she has “no motive” and that the evidence used to prosecute her is flawed.

One academic paper co-written by Dr Shoo Lee was used as part of Letty’s conviction. But Dr Lee, a Canadian neonatal care expert, said there were alternative explanations for each of Letby’s convictions for murder or attempted murder.

He tells the documentary: “A young woman could be in prison for crimes that she didn’t commit,” and describes work he has been doing as her “last chance”.

Dr Lee and a panel of international medical experts reviewed the case and McDonald is hoping to use this as new evidence. McDonald says: “I put it into the criminal cases Review Commission, the CCRC, who, with any hope, will send it back to the Court of Appeal, to push for retrial.”

  • The Investigation Of Lucy Letby is out now on Netflix.

* Join The Mirror’s WhatsApp Community or follow us on Google News , Flipboard , Apple News, TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads – or visit The Mirror homepage.



Source link