Johannes Radebe

Strictly Come Dancing hosts make first public appearance as fans left concerned

Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe have made their first public appearance together as the new hosts of Strictly Come Dancing but have already left fans divided

The new Strictly Come Dancing presenters were all smiles during their first public outing as a trio at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe visited the London garden show on Friday, in their first appearance together since being announced as the new faces for the hit BBC dancing competition earlier this week.

Willis, wearing a white waistcoat and matching trousers, was seen smiling and posing for photos alongside co-hosts comedian Widdicombe and professional dancer Radebe.

Widdicombe wore a long-sleeve shirt and black trousers, despite the hot weather, while Radebe sported a see-through black top adorned with red flowers and green flared trousers.

In one image, Johannes lifts up Josh as Emma gestures beside them. The new line-up will take over from Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who announced their departure from the programme in October 2025.

Emma has hosted shows including Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and Love Is Blind UK, while Josh has previously competed on the show in a festive special and currently hosts podcast Parenting Hell alongside fellow comedian Rob Beckett.

Johannes joined the programme as a professional dancer in 2018 and is currently starring in West End musical Kinky Boots. The trio were also seen expressing their excitement for their new roles at a photoshoot for the BBC dancing competition, in a behind-the-scenes video posted to Strictly Come Dancing’s Instagram on Friday.

The announcement was a long time to come, and fans have waited almost a year to find out just who will step into the roles once held by Tess and Claudia. But following the first public appearance of the trio, several fans were left divided about what is to come, with some predicting that the lineup will change again after just one series.

One fan wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter: “I’m so sorry but even this photo backs up my theory that it’ll just be Emma + Johannes after 1 series. This is just so odd and you can’t keeeeep dancing like this!”

Another said: “I would have put Emma with Rylan, not sure about Josh or Johannes,” and a third, writing on Reddit, said: “producers were thoroughly surprised and impressed with Johannes during the screentest.

“I wouldn’t be surprised they added the 3rd host role specifically for him. If Josh doesn’t work out for them, they can slot Johannes right in that spot upstairs, with a year of experience under his belt. If it does all work out, they have 3 amazing hosts!”

Others had an optimistic outlook, with one viewer writing: “Good luck Josh, Emma and JoJo, looking forward to the new line-up!” and another said: “Love Emma! Don’t know too much about Josh so will stay open minded before making judgements. I’m sort of gutted we won’t see Jojo with a partner, but I will love to watch him on my screen every week!!”

Follow Mirror Celebs and TV on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .



Source link

Strictly Come Dancing’s Johannes Radebe ‘to join Emma Wills as new presenter’

Strictly Come Dancing star Johannes Radebe is reportedly set to join telly favourite Emma Willis as the second presenter of the BBC dancing competition

A Strictly Come Dancing star is set to become the latest presenter. Fan favourite Johannes Radebe is being lined up to join telly star Emma Willis as the next dynamic duo to front the show.

It’s claimed that Johannes, whose nickname is JoJo, left bosses with no other option but to sign him up after the recent auditions to replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.

Since Tess and Claudia announced their departure, the show’s bosses have been scrambling to find a replacement, with dozens of familiar faces lining up to audition for the role. Emma Willis was one of the top choices, with sources saying she “nailed the chemistry tests and the BBC adore her”.

And Johannes is so well-liked that even the celebrities are saying the job is as good as his. A source told The Sun: “During the chemistry tests he was paired up with every other celeb and did incredibly well. They all think he would be the perfect partner for Emma.”

A source went on to explain that while the professional dancers have already been announced, including Johannes, that doesn’t mean he won’t get the promotion. His role, according to sources, is currently being figured out after bosses were said to be considering bringing in three new people.

Johannes could even be a roving reporter for the show. “He knows the dances better than anyone and is incredibly popular with Strictly fans,” the source said. They added: “Whether he’s going to be a host like Emma or take a slightly different presenting role is being ironed out.”

The South African-born star joined the BBC show in 2018 and, since then, has danced with the likes of Annabel Croft, Catherine Tyldesley and Alex Kingston. He and John Waite became the first same-sex partnership to reach the live final in 2021.

Meanwhile, Josh Widdicombe is also reportedly still being considered as a presenter for the programme. An announcement is expected in the coming days.

Zoe Ball, who had been a firm front-runner for the job, recently said she was “grieving” after missing out. Zoe competed on the show in 2005, before returning in 2011 to front Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two, until she departed in 2020.

In the latest episode of her Dig It podcast, Zoe put on a brave face as she said she was thrilled to be “in the mix” of presenters who were invited to audition. “I didn’t get it, but it’s okay,” said Zoe. “I have worked through the seven stages of grief and rejection over the last couple of days. I was so chuffed to even be in the mix. There were some pretty amazing people who didn’t even make it into the mix.

“So I made it in the mix, and I had a really fun time having one last little play at a show that I love and adore. And I’m so thrilled for the gang that has got it. I think there’s been so many eyes on this whole process, everyone’s quite relieved now that a decision has been made and the right ­decision has been made.” She added that the show was in “safe hands”.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.



Source link

Strictly Come Dancing star ‘confirms return’ after several stars axed

Strictly Come Dancing is facing a huge reshape after five dancers joined Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman in heading for the exit door, but one professional seems to have confirmed they are staying

Strictly Come Dancing will have a hugely different lineup when it returns to the small screen later this year, but one favourite appears to have confirmed his position.

While five professional dancers foxtrot away from the BBC show for various reasons, South African star Johannes Radebe appears ready to commit to another series.

The dancer, 39, had seen speculation rise about his future on the show following the huge cull of show regulars last month. Gorka Marquez also became the latest to walk away last week after 10 years on the show. But Johannes looks set to feature in the 24th series of the popular dance contest. The star is currently starring as Lola in the 2026 production of Kinky Boots at the London Coliseum.

READ MORE: Maya Jama all smiles as she arrives in Scotland for Celebrity TraitorsREAD MORE: Cat Deeley ‘open to dating again’ almost a year after shock split from Patrick Kielty

And in a chat with The i Paper, he seemingly confirmed his return to the ballroom floor for another year. He told the publication: “‘I live at the Coliseum while I’m in Kinky Boots.

“And when that finishes, Strictly will come around again, so I think I’m just too busy [for a love life].”

Fans of the show will be pleased to hear him cement his place following the exit of a number of big names. Announced departures from the show so far, include; Michelle Tsiakkas, Luba Mushtuk, Nadiya Bychkova and Karen Hauer.

Gorka’s announcement was the latest to stun viewers. He took to Instagram last week to share the big decision. He wrote: “After last year’s decision to step down as a full-time professional due to scheduling conflicts between Strictly and Dancing with the Stars Spain, I’ve decided that now is the time to hang up my dance shoes and say goodbye to Strictly Come Dancing.

“I will always be incredibly grateful to Strictly and the BBC for everything. Being part of the show has been so much more than just a professional opportunity—over the past 10 years, it allowed me to build a career from my passion, find love, start a family, and make lifelong friends. For that, I will forever be thankful.

“Thank you to everyone who has supported me and shared their love throughout this incredible journey.”

And it’s not just the dancers who won’t be returning. Part way through the last series, hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly confirmed they were stepping down.

The pair released a joint statement to reveal their time is up. And while thee hasn’t been an official confirmation on who will take their place, the rumour mill has been rife.

Among the favourites to take the job on is Rylan Clark. Bradley Walsh has also been speculated, but the star of The Chase previously moved to distance himself from the show.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.



Source link