forcing

Toddler gets flight canceled forcing furious passengers to disembark and spend NIGHT in airport

An image collage containing 2 images, Image 1 shows A single mother and a baby is watching video, Image 2 shows Airplanes Depart From Toronto Pearson International Airport In Mississauga, Ontario, On February 26, 2026

A TODDLER’S antics got a flight canceled as air crews aborted takeoff due to unsafe cabin conditions.

The shocking incident grounded Porter Airlines flight PD444 that was departing Victoria International Airport in British Columbia on Thursday.

Airplanes Depart From Toronto Pearson International Airport In Mississauga, Ontario, On February 26, 2026.
A Porter Airlines flight was canceled by a toddler’s unruly antics (stock) Credit: Getty
A single mother and a baby is watching video
The child had been standing on their seat and refused to put on a seat belt, forcing the aircraft to return to the terminal (stock) Credit: Getty

Furious passengers were forced to get off the aircraft and wait overnight for a new flight.

The airline revealed that as the plane was leaving the terminal and was heading for the runway when cabin crew noticed the child “standing in their seat” refusing to “secure their seat belt,” Porter Airlines told PEOPLE.

“The aircraft could not takeoff in this unsafe condition, so the crew elected to return to the terminal and have the passengers disembark.”

Numerous attempts had been made by the crew and the child’s parents to get them to co-operate but these all failed.

MARINE ONE PROBE

Trump flight ‘flies too close to passenger jet’ year after deadly crash

The toddler’s unruly antics triggered major schedule delays to the point where the airport runway had closed by the time they looked at rescheduling the departure.

After the plane returned to the terminal, passengers got off with their baggage, and flight planes were refiled, it was gone 12:30am and all passengers and crew had to wait overnight for a new flight.

Porter Airlines issued a grovelling apology to everyone affected by the child’s behavior.

The flight eventually took off for Toronto on Friday at 10:49 pm and arrived at its destination at 6:16 am Saturday morning, delaying passengers by a whole day.

Under the airline’s policy, child safety seats or a restraint device is mandatory for any child under two years old occupying a seat.

The family involved have not publicly been identified.

Source link

The common travel item that is forcing planes to divert

POWER banks have been banned from hold luggage for a decade – but some passengers are still not following the rules.

In one case, a plane was recently diverted when a power bank was found charging in the hold, and experts say these problems are ‘on the rise’.

Portable power banks are a common travel item – but there are strict airline rules Credit: Getty
Since 2016 power banks have been banned from hold luggage Credit: Alamy

Follow The Sun’s award-winning travel team on Instagram and Tiktok for top holiday tips and inspiration @thesuntravel.

While they’re ideal for travellers to charge phones and devices – battery powered charging banks are causing chaos for airlines.

The lithium in portable chargers mean that they pose a risk of overheating and even catching fire.

As a result, there has been a ban on having power banks in hold luggage since 2016.

TRAVEL TIP

The £2.99 SIM hack that can save Brits HUNDREDS abroad


TOP PARKS

The MEGA UK holiday parks with water worlds, Wetherspoons and more – from £3 pp

Airlines ask passengers to take portable power banks in hand luggage, but they strictly can’t be used in-flight.

However, not everyone is following the rules.

Just a few days ago, an easyJet flight was forced to divert when a passenger informed crew during the flight that the portable charger was in the hold of the aircraft.

The flight had been heading to London Luton from Hurghada in Egypt but had to land in Rome as a ‘precaution’.

The airline said the captain had decided to divert “in line with safety regulations”.

The flight touched down safely at Rome Fiumicino and was rescheduled to the following day.

Power banks must be in hand luggage only and not used in-flight Credit: Alamy

Sadly, travel experts say the situation is likely to get worse.

Jonathan Nicholson from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said that incidents involving power banks are “certainly on the rise” as portable chargers grow in popularity.

The CAA said “more awareness” was needed as portable chargers carry “serious risks” of overheating or catching fire.

Jonathan Nicholson urged travellers to follow a “basic set of international rules” when it comes to power banks.

The first is to always take them with you on board the aircraft, not in checked luggage.

The other is to only take a maximum of two power banks per passenger.

When on board the aircraft, don’t use them and “absolutely do not charge the power bank itself because that’s when they become really hot and most susceptible to having an issue”.

A number of airlines have since banned the use of power banks in the cabin as well, after an airline fire last year resulted in the plane being destroyed.



Source link