device

There may be a reason for Ray J’s ‘bloody’ eyes in concert

Bed rest can go pound sand: Ray J gave his all on stage on Friday night, it seems, with fan videos showing his eyes appearing to bleed as he worked the crowd.

The singer also doffed the top of his orange jumpsuit to reveal some sort of medical port or device inserted on the upper left side of his chest.

The “Love & Hip-Hop: Hollywood” star, who is singer-actor Brandy’s brother, was performing in Shreveport, La.

In the first clip, red liquid — which many assumed was blood — ran down one of the R&B singer’s cheeks like tears as he handed out long-stemmed red roses to people in the audience. Another clip showed him singing into a mic while climbing down from the stage after shedding the top part of his jumpsuit.

“Hey, y’all, we perfectly fine. Ain’t nobody sick. Look at me, I’m fine,” he says in a later clip, which takes place off stage. The 45-year-old appears to be annoyed, saying that people have been laughing at him because he’s sick.

“He loves the camera. He loves the attention,” Tommy Nard II of Nard Multimedia Group, who was behind the scenes that night, told Shreveport news station KTAL separately. “It’s all theatrical … I seen him literally put on the fake blood and go out there.”

A concertgoer told KTAL that it was “very concerning to see blood, what appeared to be blood, coming from his eyes.”

Ray J told TMZ in late January that he was under doctor’s orders to stay on bed rest and avoid drugs and alcohol. He said he was on eight medications related to his heart, which he said had been damaged because of his excessive drug and alcohol use.

“I thought I could handle all the alcohol, I could handle all the Adderall,” he said in a video livestream in late January.

Doctors told Ray J — real name William Ray Norwood Jr. — that he should prepare for the chance that he might need a pacemaker or defibrillator soon, the singer told the celebrity site. He expected to get an update when he went back in two weeks for a checkup.

Two weeks was up over the weekend.

Ray J told followers in a video posted Jan. 25 that he wanted to “thank everyone for praying for me.”

“I was in the hospital,” he said. “My heart is only beating like 25%, but as long as I stay focused and stay on the right path, then everything will be all right.” In a video, he said the right side of his heart was “like, black. It’s like done.”

Ray J said elsewhere that his heart was beating at 60%. The number likely refers to his heart’s ejection fraction, which measures the volume of blood coming out of the heart’s left ventricle or being drawn into the right ventricle when the heart beats. Right-sided heart failure is far less common, according to WebMD.

A representative for Ray J did not respond immediately Tuesday to The Times’ request for comment.

However, in an Instagram story posted Monday, Ray J put up this quote: “‘If you want to know who your real friends & family are, lose your job, get sick, or go through hard times. You’ll see clearly.”



Source link

Disney to pay $2.75 million in settlement over California Consumer Privacy Act

Walt Disney Co. will pay $2.75 million to settle allegations that it violated the California Consumer Privacy Act by not fully complying with consumers’ requests to opt out of data sharing on its streaming services, the state attorney general’s office said Wednesday.

The Burbank media and entertainment company allegedly restricted the extent of opt-out requests, including complying with users’ petitions only on the device or streaming services they processed it from, or stopping the sharing of consumers’ personal data through Disney’s advertising platform but not those of specific ad-tech companies whose code was embedded on Disney websites and apps, the attorney general’s office said.

In addition to the fine, the settlement, which is subject to court approval, will require Disney to enact a “consumer-friendly, easy to execute” process that allows users to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their data with as few steps as possible, according to court documents.

“Consumers shouldn’t have to go to infinity and beyond to assert their privacy rights,” Atty. Gen. Rob Bonta said in a statement. “In California, asking a business to stop selling your data should not be complicated or cumbersome.”

A Disney spokesperson said in a statement that the company “continues to invest significant resources to set the standard for responsible and transparent data practices across our streaming services.”

“As technology and media continue to evolve, protecting the privacy and preserving the experience of Californians and fans everywhere remains a longstanding priority for Disney,” the spokesperson said.

The settlement with Disney stemmed from a 2024 investigation by the attorney general’s office into streaming devices and apps for alleged violations of the California Consumer Privacy Act, which governs the collection of consumers’ personal data by businesses.

Under the law, businesses that sell or share personal data for targeted advertising must give users the right to opt-out.

Disney’s $2.75-million payment is the largest such settlement under the state privacy act, Bonta’s office said.

The attorney general has also reached settlements with companies such as beauty retailer Sephora, food delivery app DoorDash and SlingTV for alleged violations of the privacy act.

Source link

Brits urged to ‘leave device at home’ before going on holiday to 5 destinations – list

With 5.6 million Brits vaping, travellers are warned to check strict new overseas laws or risk fines, confiscation and legal trouble abroad

British holidaymakers are being warned to double check vaping laws before booking trips abroad after a number of popular holiday destinations tightened restrictions. Online retailer HAYPP says they could risk fines or even legal trouble if local e-cigarette rules are ignored.

Vaping remains hugely popular in the UK with anti-smoking charity Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) reporting around 5.6 million adults currently use e-cigarettes — which amounts to roughly 11 per cent of the total adult population. ASH explained how vaping is particularly common among younger adults between the ages of 18 and 24.

Unsurprisingly, many travellers choose to pack their vapes when heading on holiday — but with international laws varying so widely, doing so could prove a costly mistake. HAYPP‘s Head of Legal & External Affairs, Markus Lindblad, says people must familiarise themselves with the rules as soon as possible to avoid expensive on-the-spot penalties or confiscation.

“Ignorance of your destination country’s laws could wreak havoc on your holiday plans,” he warned. But which countries are a no-go for vapers? The Mirror has a detailed breakdown of everything you need to know before jetting off.

Mexico

On January 16, 2026, Mexico introduced a nationwide ban on the importation, sale and distribution of e-cigarettes and vapes. Lindblad warns that custom officials in destinations like Cancun, Cabo San Lucas or Cozumel are strong enforcers of the ban, and bringing one with you could come with hefty fines of up to £360. “Brits are being warned to leave their vapes at home”, he said.

Vietnam

According to HAYPP, Vietnam is tightening its grip on vaping products in 2026 with increased enforcement of rules around sale, import and public use. Though Cambodia and Laos has already banned vapes entirely, the online retailer says visitors should expect stricter airport checks, and that they should consider leaving the device behind before heading to the airport.

Singapore

Singapore maintains some of the world’s strictest rules against vaping, HAYPP claims. Possession and use of e-cigarettes remain illegal with fines of up to 2,000 Singapore dollars (around £1,150), as well as possible prosecution.

Malaysia

Maldives has followed suit and also restricted vape imports this year, with custom officials now authorised to confiscate the products on arrival. Bans on possession and public use are expected to tighten, warns HAYPP, particularly in tourist hubs like Kuala Lampur and Penang.

Maldives

Last but not least, Lindblad explains how any vape-loving holidaymakers from the UK should probably cross the Maldives off their list. That’s because the country has outlawed vape imports with the devices confiscated upon arrival. If you arrive into the Maldives with your e-cigarette or similar electronic device, you may face fines or further legal action, even for personal use, particularly at Malé International Airport.

Source link

Police probe explosive device thrown at Indigenous protest in Australia | Indigenous Rights News

Man charged with throwing explosive device into a crowd at Invasion Day protest in Western Australia’s Perth.

Police may investigate an alleged bombing attempt during an Indigenous rights protest in Perth, Western Australia, as a possible “terrorist” incident, following calls from Indigenous leaders and human rights groups for a more robust response from authorities.

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) reported on Thursday that the incident was now being investigated by police as a “potential terrorist act”, two days after a 31-year-old man was charged with throwing a “homemade improvised explosive device” at an Invasion Day protest attended by thousands of people on Monday.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

Police charged the man with throwing the device, which consisted of nails and ball bearings, into a large crowd during a protest on Australia’s national holiday, Australia Day, which is also referred to as Invasion Day, since it commemorates the 1788 arrival of a British fleet in Sydney Harbour.

The device did not explode and there were no injuries, police said.

A search of the suspect’s home was conducted, where it was further alleged that a combination of chemicals and materials consistent with the manufacture of homemade explosives was found, Western Australia Police Force said in a statement.

The suspect was charged with an attempt to cause harm and with making or possessing explosives under suspicious circumstances.

Hannah McGlade, a member of the Indigenous Noongar community, told national broadcaster ABC on Thursday that it appeared police had “heard our concerns” regarding the attack.

“A lot of people have been adding concern that it hasn’t been looked at properly as a hate crime or even possibly as a terror crime,” said McGlade, an associate professor of law at Curtin University in Australia.

Demonstrators take part in the annual "Invasion Day" rally through the streets of Sydney on Australia Day on January 26, 2026. Tens of thousands of Australians protested over the treatment of Indigenous people as they rallied on a contentious national holiday that also marks the arrival of European colonists more than 200 years ago. (Photo by Steven Markham / AFP)
Demonstrators take part in the annual ‘Invasion Day’ rally through the streets of Sydney on Australia Day on January 26, 2026 [Steven Markham/AFP]

Indigenous people felt “absolute horror that so many people could have been injured and killed at an event like this, a peaceful gathering”, McGlade added.

The Human Rights Law Centre also called for “the violent, racist attack on First Nations people” to be “investigated as an act of terrorism or hate crime”.

“Reports by rally organisers and witnesses raise serious questions about [Western Australia] Police’s response and communication with organisers, both before and after the attack,” the legal group said in a statement.

The group also said reports that police failed “to address credible threats received ahead of the rally” should be “fully and independently investigated”.

Police alleged that the suspect removed the device from his bag and threw it from a walkway into a crowd of more than 2,000 people during the Invasion Day protest in Perth on Monday.

Alerted by a member of the public, police took the man into custody and bomb response officers inspected the device, the Western Australia Police Force said in a statement.

“It was confirmed to be a homemade improvised explosive device containing a mixture of volatile and potentially explosive chemicals, with nails and metal ball bearings affixed to the exterior,” police said.

Source link