concerts

Rock legend Rod Stewart, 81, undergoes heart surgery and cancels all upcoming shows after pulling out of US concerts

ROCK legend Rod Stewart has undergone heart surgery and cancelled all upcoming tour dates.

The Maggie May singer had recently pulled out of two gigs in a week as fears grew over his health.

Rock legend Rod Stewart has undergone heart surgery Credit: Getty
Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster in 2001 Credit: Getty

Stewart, 81, has undergone a coronary stent procedure that was a success, his representative has said.

They added: “Doctors are pleased with his recovery, and Rod is doing very well and has returned to his normal daily activities.

“On the advice of his doctors, he will take the next four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage.

“Unfortunately, this means he will be unable to continue his current tour dates.”

HEALTH FEARS

Rod Stewart sparks concern as he pulls out of second concert in a week


GRANDPA ROD

Rod Stewart, 81, is a grandfather for sixth time as daughter welcomes 2nd child

The singer said he was recovering well and was deeply disappointed to miss the shows Credit: Getty
Stewart performs onstage at the 2026 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival at Fair Grounds Race Course Credit: Getty

Stewart canceled his Tuesday night performance at Rocket Arena in Cleveland shortly after postponing his Sunday concert in Cincinnati at Riverbend Music Center.

He also cancelled a few dates earlier this year, including two in Las Vegas and one in San Diego.

Rod was scheduled to appear through September 3 in North America, including his six-night residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and a few dates in Mexico.

In the statement the singer said: “I’m already feeling better and very much on the mend. I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me.

“I’m deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon.”

Back in June the hitmaker was forced to pull out of a gig in California, due to a respiratory infection that later triggered a bout of laryngitis.

Just a week later, Rod stopped midway through his Utah concert and was seen using an oxygen tank onstage after nearly passing out.

The surgery comes just days after he became a grandfather for the sixth time – with his daughter Ruby welcoming her second child with fiance Jake Kalick.

Ruby posted adorable pictures of her older son Otis meeting his sibling for the very first time to social media.

Rod has eight children in total with five different women.

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us on TikTok @TheSun.



Source link

Brit Kanye West’s fans flock to Portugal to see controversial star’s concerts after rapper was banned from UK

HE is the most controversial man in music, and banned from the UK.

But Brits are now throwing their support behind Kanye West, with hundreds flying out to his latest show in Portugal on Friday.

Brit Kanye West fans have flocked to Portugal to see the controversial star’s concerts Credit: Getty
Before being banned from the UK by Starmer, Kanye had been lined up to the headline Wireless in London’s Finsbury Park Credit: PA

After then-Prime Minister Keir Starmer led the charge by saying Ye couldn’t enter the country due to past antisemitic comments — which the star has apologised for, blaming a mental health episode — only a handful of his European shows have gone ahead.

Before the ban, he had been lined up to headline Wireless in ­London’s Finsbury Park last month.

Now many supporters are speaking out against his exclusion. One pair, mother and daughter Lauren and Kate, jetted to Portugal and queued for hours holding a flag backing the rapper which read: “F*** Keir Starmer, Scotland loves Ye.”

Lauren, who said they had spent £3,000 on the trip, explained: “He was banned from the UK and it’s shocking because he wasn’t well and he’s apologised for it. Some people are given grace and others aren’t. But we get to come here and it’s beautiful.”

GET A ROOM!

Bianca Censori and husband Kanye West make out with tongues in new pics


STEAMY NIGHTS

Bianca Censori goes topless in just a thong, fishnets and heels on Eurotrip

The concert drove an extra influx of tourists to the area — with barely a single free hotel room left in the region.

Amy, from Ayr, said she booked her ticket a week after Wireless was cancelled in April.

She said: “There’s so many British folk here — so many, just because they can’t go to Wireless.

Kanye West fans slam Starmer at concert in Portugal Credit: Howell Davies
Ye putting on a show at Estadio Algarve Credit: Supplied

“To see Kanye in London would have probably been better because British crowds are just better.”

Fans Kane and Kate, who travelled from Portsmouth, said they queued for two hours just to buy merchandise before the gig, while another fan, Alfie, also attended Kanye’s show in Madrid, Spain, the previous week.

He described the concert as “the best show you’ll ever go to in your life,” adding: “My mum loves Michael Jackson and she was like, ‘I can’t believe you’re going to Portugal to see him again.’

“I said, ‘If it was Michael Jackson, you’d do the same’.”

And celebrity fans are sticking by Ye, too — supermodel Naomi Campbell and Real Madrid’s Trent Alexander-Arnold attended his show the previous week.

As for the concert, I can confirm it’s ­absolutely remarkable.

He performed atop a hemisphere-shaped stage in the centre of the Estadio Algarve, with a spinning globe and other projections being beamed on to it throughout the night.

It meant he was “on top of the world” during the majority of his epic 39-song set, which included everything from songs like Jesus Walks and All Falls Down from his 2004 debut, to King and Father from his latest record Bully.

And there was even a surprise showing from his daughter North, who joined him to perform her song H0w Sh0uld ! f33l and their collaboration Talking.

Kanye was on his best behaviour during the show, with no rants or missteps, clearly determined to let the music do the talking.

Now Brits who flew out will hope the UK takes note — and lets him back in.

Source link

New ‘world-class’ arena to transform iconic English resort’s seafront with pop concerts, festivals & sport matches

A NEW “world-class” arena is being plotted for an iconic UK seaside resort.

The Government has pledged £20million to explore the possibility of bringing the development to life.

Illustration of a stadium packed with an audience, lit by spotlights on a central stage.
A landmark arena in Blackpool has been proposed Credit: independently developed concept work by Carters Building Consultancy
Illustration of a futuristic stadium with pointed elements and a circular opening, with Blackpool Tower and a bright sunset in the background.
The venue would form part of the city’s planned regeneration Credit: independently developed concept work by Carters Building Consultancy

A new indoor arena has been proposed for Blackpool, as part of the area’s continued bid to become the UK’s City of Culture for 2029.

Currently dubbed the Phoenix Pavilion Arena, the venue would become the focal point of the city’s wider regeneration strategy.

With a proposed capacity of 15,000 to 20,000, Carters Building Consultancy said the site would host major concerts, sporting events, festivals, trade shows and live performances.

It would also create a new waterfront hospitality area, with cafes, bars and restaurants facing the promenade.

FLIGHT-MARE

UK airline’s rescue deal COLLAPSES as bidder pulls out with entire fleet sold


BEACH KEEN

On the Beach drops HUGE surprise sale – with 50% off city breaks and hotels

Blackpool South MP, Chris Webb, began a petition in November last year supporting the proposal, which has since been signed by thousands of local residents.

As a result, the Culture Secretary, Lisa Nandy, has now pledged £20million to explore the next stage of the development.

Webb said: “This funding gives Blackpool the opportunity to properly test whether the project is commercially viable and put us in the strongest possible position to attract an experienced private-sector partner with the expertise to develop, operate and programme a world-class venue.

“It has the potential to attract visitors throughout the year, support our hotels, restaurants and local businesses, create high-quality jobs and strengthen Blackpool’s position as the UK’s entertainment capital.”

The investment will assess whether the construction of the arena is financially feasible and whether it would be the right investment for the area.

It also places the proposal in a better position to attract private investors.

This comes as part of Blackpool’s £2billion regeneration program set to transform the seaside city.

Completed projects include the Talbot Road tramway extension – which connected the Promenade to Blackpool North railway station – and construction is currently underway on a new £65million, high-tech university campus.

Source link

Big box office demand prompts AMC to postpone its interactive concerts

AMC’s plan to launch a new interactive live concert series in theaters is on ice, for now. With a booming box office full of films like “Obsession,” “Backrooms” and “Scary Movie,” the theater chain has postponed the concert project until later this year.

In a statement, AMC said due to the “robust lineup of upcoming films and strong advance ticket sales in the weeks ahead,” it needed to make some programming adjustments. Some of the major upcoming releases for June include Disney’s “Toy Story 5” and Steven Spielberg’s “Disclosure Day.”

Acts like Bebe Rexha, Paris Hilton, Kim Petras and Marren Morris were lined up to test out the new format next week, as a part of the Girls Night Live concert series.

The chain is partnering with live entertainment company Arena One to bring new technology to theaters. This tech would allow artists on a remote stage to see, hear and respond to the theater audience, in effect turning your local cinema into a stadium, the companies said. Fans who already purchased tickets have received refunds.

The series was initially marketed as a new draw to get customers to the theaters, but given the strong box office numbers so far this year, it’s clear the demand for theaters is already growing

Focus Features’ “Obsession” is now nearing $230 million in global box office revenue, according to Box Office Mojo, and is the studio’s highest-grossing movie at the domestic box office.

Similarly, A24’s “Backrooms” is the indie studio’s highest-grossing movie at the domestic box office, with nearly $140 million. It pulled in $100 million at the box office only six days after its initial release.

Most recently, “Scary Movie” topped the box office last weekend with a $105.5-million worldwide debut, ranking among the top five biggest R-rated comedy openings of all time.

AMC said it would announce new dates and additional artists for the interactive concert series in the coming months.

Source link

Phoebe Bridgers announces no-phone tour, concerts at Intuit Dome

Start sending out “Smoke Signals.” Phoebe Bridgers finally announced her upcoming phone-free arena tour, and it includes two spooky nights in the Los Angeles area.

Bridgers shared details about the Lost Tour on Friday morning, following a sold-out show the previous night at Madison Square Garden in New York City and a series of secret pop-up shows across the United States.

The tour will kick off in Indianapolis in September and cap off the North American run with back-to-back shows at Inglewood’s Intuit Dome on Oct. 30 and 31, fitting dates for the skeleton suit-wearing singer-songwriter. A European leg will follow in November.

All tickets for Bridgers’ surprise acoustic show at Madison Square Garden were sold for $20 or under, and proceeds were donated to the Community Justice Exchange’s Immigration Bond Freedom Fund, which provides bail support to ICE detainees. For the Lost Tour, Bridgers will donate $1 from every ticket sold for North American concerts to RAINN, the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization and operator of the National Sexual Assault Hotline.

A phone ban was also instituted at the MSG show and Bridgers’ previous pop-up sets, with attendees storing their devices in Yondr bags, which physically lock using magnets. The same policy will be in effect throughout the upcoming tour.

At the Intuit Dome, home of the Los Angeles Clippers, guests may not need their phones at all to access tickets or purchase concessions, since the arena is equipped with “GameFace ID” facial recognition technology.

The Lost Tour is Bridgers’ first full-band solo tour since Reunion Tour in support of her 2020 album “Punisher” wrapped in April 2023, though she has since toured as a member of the supergroup Boygenius. “Punisher” is her latest solo album, and her debut album with Boygenius, “The Record,” came out in 2023.

Though she debuted eight new songs at Thursday’s MSG show, she has yet to announce a new album.

Singer-songwriter Alex G will provide support on the tour’s North American leg, including the Inglewood dates, while former Black Country, New Road frontman Isaac Wood will support in Europe. The tour’s eerie imagery was created in collaboration with fine art photographer Gregory Crewdson.

In an effort to get tickets in the hands of fans, rather than scalpers or bots, there will be two days of presales before the general sale. Fans can register from now until midnight Sunday for lottery access to the Day 1 presale taking place Tuesday. There will be another presale Wednesday. Tickets go on sale to the general public June 12.

Bridgers last played in L.A. as part of a secret show at all-ages venue the Smell in February 2024, where Boygenius announced its hiatus.

In addition to touring, Bridgers has a role in the upcoming A24 feature “Primetime,” directed by Lance Oppenheim, which hits theaters in September.

Bridgers, who grew up in Pasadena and attended the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, told The Times in 2022 that her music taste was shaped in part by her upbringing in L.A., where she attended massive music festivals and local Día de los Muertos celebrations alike.

“I learned that there can be fun in the darkness,” she said.

Source link

Gracie Abrams Look at My Life tour includes four concerts in L.A.

The prodigal “Daughter From Hell” returns: Gracie Abrams just announced her upcoming tour, and it includes four nights in her hometown of Los Angeles.

The 64-date Look at My Life tour hits arenas across North America and Europe starting Dec. 2 in Denver, before the singer lands in L.A. later that month. Abrams will take the stage at Inglewood’s Kia Forum for four nights: Dec. 14, 18, 19 and 20. The North American leg of the tour concludes in Brooklyn in March, and she kicks off the European leg in April.

The tour will follow the release of Abrams’ third studio album, “Daughter From Hell,” which drops July 17 via Interscope Records. Abrams took to Instagram to share her upcoming tour dates, teasing fans with the caption, “we’re baaaaaack.”

At the Kia Forum, Abrams will be supported by openers Rachel Chinouriri and Holly Humberstone, both popular British singer-songwriters. Fans can sign up on Abrams’ website for access to the June 2 pre-sale for all dates before tickets go on sale to the general public June 5.

Abrams most recently played in L.A. as part of a three-night residency at the Kia Forum in August 2025 for the Secret of Us Deluxe tour. There, she brought out surprise guest Audrey Hobert, Abrams’ longtime best friend and collaborator. Abrams’ other frequent collaborator, musician and producer Aaron Dessner, co-wrote and produced her latest single, “Hit the Wall,” which dropped in mid-May in advance of her new album.

“There’s nothing I wouldn’t tell either of them, so it makes it easy to be completely open when writing,” Abrams told The Times of Hobart and Dessner in 2024.

Her September 2024 shows at L.A.’s Greek Theater sold out so quickly that the singer-songwriter had to add two additional dates to meet demand. At the time, Abrams told The Times that she would keep performing if the fan support continued.

“As long as they’ll have me, I’ll do this,” she said.



Source link