brutal

BBC Casualty viewers in tears as they ‘rumble’ brutal baby twist

Casualty returned to screens on Saturday night, after being pulled from BBC schedules last week

Long-running medical drama Casualty returned to screens on Saturday, with fans left in tears.

The hit BBC series focuses on staff at the Accident and Emergency department of the fictional Holby City Hospital, as they deal with serious and often emotional cases.

Casualty’s latest boxset, Lethal Legacy, was briefly paused last week, as it made way for the BBC’s coverage of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Now, the beloved drama has returned, much to the delight of fans. However, a heartbreaking twist was in store for two beloved characters.

During the latest episode (May 23), Stevie Nash (Elinor Lawless) discovered that Matty Linlaker (Aron Julius) had covered for her previous mistake.

Stevie notably administered too much morphine to a young girl who was saved from an explosion by Teddy Gowan (Milo Clarke).

As her confidence was given a further blow by a troubling letter, Stevie feared that revealing the truth could bring other secrets to light.

Meanwhile in the NICU ward, Faith Dean (Kirsty Mitchell) was hopeful that her baby, Pearl, could be discharged soon, but Rash Masum (Neet Mohan) warned that she still needed to learn how to feed properly.

Later, as Rash performed a lumbar puncture on another baby, Faith alerted him to the fact that Pearl was choking. After a few moments, Pearl stopped breathing, with Rash and the fellow doctors quickly springing into action.

Faith’s husband, Iain (Michael Stevenson), eventually made it to the NICU to find his devastated wife in tears. Rash then confirmed that Pearl had suffered a cardiac arrest, but was stable.

Viewers were quickly left feeling emotional, with one X (formerly Twitter) user writing: “Poor Pearl omg.”

Another wrote: “Pearl!” alongside several crying emojis. A third said: “Iain [sad emoji]. Faith [sad emoji]. Thank Goodness Pearl’s okay!”

Someone else commented: “The sigh of relief when they said Pearl was okay,” with a fifth viewer saying: “Looking forward to Kirsty shattering my heart into pieces.”

Meanwhile, another viewer shared their concerns about another new mum called Mia Stern (Macadie Amoroso).

“Got a horrible feeling we’re going to have a Baby Snatching Storyline,” they wrote, with another adding: “Yeah that Mia was a bit sketchy.”

Someone else added: “Why do I have a HORRIBLE feeling Faith is walking out of that hospital with no intention of coming back soon after what just happened to Pearl. I hope I’m VERY wrong.”

Does newcomer Mia have an ulterior motive, and has Faith walked out on her family? We’ll have to wait and see.

Casualty is available to stream on BBC iPlayer

Source link

Brutal medical series that is not for the faint hearted returns with new episode

The award winning series will air another intense episode tonight that is not to be missed

A fly on the wall medical series that is not for the faint of heart returns with another brutal episode.

Titled 999: Critical Condition, the medical series has returned for its sixth run, this time filmed in the Birmingham Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Airing on Channel 5, the show follows patients and staff at a major trauma hospital as cameras are given unprecedent access to film what most people do not see.

Viewers witness an intense and unfiltered look at what doctors and nurses do to save lives. Having returned to screens last week, tonight (May 19), Channel 5 will air yet another brutal instalment at 9pm.

Tonight’s episode (Tuesday, May 19) will take viewers into another high stakes environment as one farmer is airlifted to hospital after crashing head first into a tree. Elsewhere, one woman is rushed to hospital with life threatening stab wounds as medical teams fight to save lives.

A Channel 5 synopsis reads: “A farmer faces potentially life-changing injuries after an accident shatters his skull.”

999: Critical Condition was previously filmed in Stoke for the first five instalments as it has become a firm favourite for those who enjoy medical TV programmes, especially 24 Hours in Police Custody.

The Channel 5 show does not shy away from the realities faced by staff in the hospital and the life saving work they do for patients.

Spanning across one hour, new episodes will be released weekly, with instalments then being made available to stream online.

Previously, one viewer praised: “Watching 999: Critical Condition. Very fascinating.” Another said: “#999CriticalCondition about to start on C5, this is a brilliant TV show.”

A third added: “Watching last night’s #999CriticalCondition, not for the squeemish (sic) but the operation to rebuild the guys head & face after his quad bike crash is fascinating, proper ‘face off’ shit to reveal his damaged skull. The 3d printed skull showing the extent of his fractures was amazing.”

A fourth echoed: “Watching #999CriticalCondition and this guy has landed on his face and his eyeball is hanging out of the socket. HIS ENTIRE EYEBALL. I’ve never been squeamish with programs like this, but I actually felt sick.”

In a previous article, the Guardian confirmed it was a “hardcore” documentary series in which every case “will stick with you”.

999: Critical Condition airs tonight at 9pm on Channel 5.

Source link

Death in Paradise’s ‘best’ detective makes brutal swipe at BBC show after exit

Ardal O’Hanlon was a firm favourite on Death in Paradise as DI Jack Mooney before leaving in 2020

Death in Paradise star Ardal O’Hanlon has taken a savage swipe at the show, three years after his exit.

The actor portrayed DI Jack Mooney in the popular BBC crime drama, after joining in 2017. And during his stint, he became a firm favourite with fans, who often dubbed him the programme’s ‘best’ detective.

However, in 2020, Ardal left the cherished Caribbean-set show after three years. During his appearance on The One Show this week, the Irish star reflected on his time on the programme.

Revealing how filming Death in Paradise inspired his new book, A Plot to Die For, Ardal said: “I did 24 episodes. It must have been at least 30 murders. I didn’t even have to read the script, I knew who did it.”

Ardal went on: “When I was there I was always trying to dream up imaginative kind of murders.” Although he then said he “loves” the show, Ardal made a savage swipe at it’s storylines.

“But you would be thinking to yourself, ‘have we not done this plot before?’ You know, someone falling off a balcony again!” as his co-stars and show hosts laughed along with him.

Ardal was previously asked whether Jack Mooney leaving the show was a mutual decision. He told the Mirror: “From day one, it was always going to be like three series.

“As it turned out, I ended up doing part of a fourth series as well, before the handover to Ralf Little’s character [Neville Parker]. So to be honest with you, like you just wouldn’t be fit to do any more than that.”

He added: “It’s very gruelling, and you’re away from home for a very long time. So, you know, that was always the plan, and there was really very little that was going to change my mind about that.”

Ardal also went on to say that he believes the reason for the show’s success is the constant rotation of detectives. He stated: “I think the secret of the show’s success is constantly changing the lead detective, you know, before people get bored with them.”

What’s more, despite enduring “very harsh” weather conditions during filming of the show, Ardal branded the experience a “lovely job to do”.

Death in Paradise airs on BBC One and iPlayer

Source link

Olly Murs reveals he’s taking on BRUTAL charity challenge after ‘terrifying’ life-changing Romania trip

OLLY MURS is taking a leap into the unknown on a brutal 250-mile challenge for Unicef’s Soccer Aid.

In an exclusive chat with Bizarre, the singer revealed he will run, row and cycle from Manchester United’s Old Trafford to West Ham’s London Stadium across five punishing days for Olly Murs: Into The Unknown.

Olly Murs is taking on a brutal 250-mile challenge for Unicef’s Soccer Aid Credit: Tom Dymond for UNICEF

He admitted that a life-changing trip to Romania had given the challenge a whole new meaning.

The Troublemaker star travelled to Eastern Europe to see the charity’s work first-hand, and was moved after meeting mum-of-one Oksana, who escaped Ukraine after Russia invaded and is now living in a Unicef facility in Romania.

“Her baby was only seven months old,” Olly said. “Coming here in the middle of a war on her own, no family, no friends.

“The story was tough to listen to.

ESSEX ICEBREAKER

How Mark Wright & Olly Murs had to step in over ‘rift’ between wives


NOT SO PALLY

Awkward old Olly Murs tweet resurfaces as singer is booed at Ally Pally

“The fact that eight weeks later, her house (in Ukraine) got bombed, it’s terrifying, isn’t it?

“It kind of puts things into perspective.”

The trip clearly hit home for Olly, who has a daughter, Madison, and baby son, Albert, with wife Amelia.

He explained: “All I want to do is keep my baby safe and keep the (children) healthy and happy, and that’s the same for every parent around the world.”

Olly and wife Amelia Tank Credit: Getty

While the cause is inspiring, the 250 miles sounds absolutely brutal.

In a harsh twist, Olly won’t know exactly what he’ll be facing each day.

He revealed: “It does scare me because it’s really hard when you’re preparing for something when you don’t know the distances.”

Even his birthday is being sacrificed to the cause.

Olly laughed: “The 11th of May is when I start it — my birthday week.

“I’ll be celebrating my birthday whilst running or cycling or rowing somewhere.”

Olly, who has undergone four knee operations, is worried about what impact the arduous challenge will have on his joints.

He added: “I don’t know how my knee’s going to cope. It’s definitely going to have an effect on my body, and my knees.

“But I’m confident that I’m fit enough to do it.”

Olly on his ‘life-changing’ trip to Romania Credit: Supplied

Away from the graft of preparing for his charity challenge, Olly says his home life has become his priority, with music temporarily on the back burner.

“I’ve really enjoyed just being at home and not singing any more,” he explained.

“I’m just singing and entertaining my kids.

“I posted a video the other day of me singing to my kids some of my songs and Maddie kept saying ‘No.’

“It’s a tough crowd at home.”

Olly is now hoping he’ll have an easier time on the pitch at Soccer Aid on May 31, when he will line up as part of the England squad alongside
Wayne Rooney, Tom Hiddleston, Gk Barry, Jill Scott, Angry Ginge and with SoccerAid founder Robbie Williams as coach.

The Soccer Aid World XI features ex-players Jordi Alba of Spain and Italy’s
Leonardo Bonucci, with the team being coached by Olympian Usain Bolt.

Source link

Mother sentenced to life for brutal abuse, murder of 4-month-old son

Demonstrators calling for heavy punishment against a woman on trial for murdering her four-month-old son block an inmate bus carrying the woman near Gwangju District Court in Suncheon on Thursday. Photo by Yonhap

A woman who brutally beat her four-month-old son and left him to die in a bathtub was sentenced Thursday to life imprisonment in a child abuse case that stunned the nation.

The Suncheon branch of the Gwangju District Court ruled that the mother, in her 30s, had “cruelly” abused her child for half of his short life before ending it.

The woman was indicted for indiscriminately beating her son and leaving him in a running bathtub at their home in Yeosu, about 310 kilometers south of Seoul, on Oct. 22. The infant died of multiple fractures and internal bleeding.

The court also sentenced the child’s father to four years and six months in prison on charges of neglecting the abuse and threatening a witness in the case.

“Despite the defendants having the infinite responsibility of raising their child safely as parents, the child died 133 days after being born due to the abuse from his own parents, who should have been the world to him,” the court said.

Prosecutors had sought a life sentence for the mother and a 10-year term for her husband.

Investigators earlier determined that the woman had abused her child on 19 separate occasions since Aug. 24, and found multiple bruises and signs of internal bleeding on the infant’s body.

The case drew nationwide attention after footage of the abuse was aired by local broadcaster SBS’ investigative series “Unanswered Questions.”

A group of protestors staged a rally outside the court earlier in the day calling for heavy punishment.

Copyright (c) Yonhap News Agency prohibits its content from being redistributed or reprinted without consent, and forbids the content from being learned and used by artificial intelligence systems.

Source link

Sydney Sweeney sensationally axed from Devil Wears Prada 2 in brutal snub for Euphoria star

ACTRESS Anne Hathaway steals the show in a red dress at the US premiere of The Devil Wears Prada 2 — but Sydney Sweeney was a no-show after her scenes were cut.

Anne, 43 — who wore a custom Louis Vuitton gown — was joined by co-stars Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci for the screening.

Euphoria star Sydney Sweeney skipped film’s premiere in New York despite being pictured on set last year Credit: Splash
Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci and Anne Hathaway on the red carpet Credit: Splash
Anne wore a custom Louis Vuitton gown Credit: Getty

British Bridgerton star Simone Ashley was also there, along with Lady Gaga, who worked on the music for the film and makes a cameo appearance.

But Euphoria star Sydney, 28, skipped the premiere in New York.

She had been pictured on set last year.

Sources said she shot a scene in which she played herself being dressed by Emily’s character Emily Charlton.

Read more on Sydney Sweeney

SCRIPT TEASE

Naked Sydney Sweeney & star’s ‘genuine’ orgasm…sex scenes that went too far


‘WTF?’

Euphoria fans fume show goes ‘way too far’ with Sydney’s ‘humiliating’ scenes

However, it did not make the final cut as it was felt it did not work with the rest of the storyline.

The film’s stars are due back on the red carpet in London’s Leicester Square this evening for the European premiere.

The Devil Wears Prada 2 comes 20 years after the original, in which Anne played aspiring journalist Andy Sachs working for cruel magazine editor Miranda Priestly, played by Streep,

Anne has previously spoken about how it changed her career.

She said: “This film opened so many doors for me, and it gave me so many opportunities.

“It became this anchor for how audiences responded to me, and let me take a lot more risks and make a lot of weird choices in my career, because I have this warm hug to come back to.”

Lady Gaga worked on the music for the film and makes a cameo appearance Credit: Getty
British Bridgerton star Simone Ashley wore a dazzling green dress Credit: Getty

Source link