brook

The Hundred 2026 results: Zak Crawley & Harry Brook help Sunrisers Leeds beat Manchester Super Giants

The Hundred men’s competition, Headingley

Manchester Super Giants 181-3 (100 balls): Buttler 63* (33), Klaasen 53 (27); Ellis 2-32

Sunrisers Leeds 186-2 (88 balls): Marsh 63 (26), Crawley 56* (34), Brook 42* (17)

Sunrisers Leeds won by eight wickets

Scorecard. Table

Mitch Marsh was at his destructive best as he bludgeoned 63 to help Sunrisers Leeds end Manchester Super Giants’ unbeaten start to The Hundred with an eight-wicket win at Headingley.

The experienced Australia opener crashed six fours and five sixes during a fearless 26-ball knock which provided the impetus for the Sunrisers to chase down 182 for victory.

Marsh was bowled by a yorker from Sonny Baker with the score on 118 but the momentum from his tone-setting innings was continued by England duo Zak Crawley and Harry Brook.

Sunrisers skipper Crawley blitzed an unbeaten 56 off 34 balls to notch only his second half-century of the summer, having lost his Test place earlier this year.

Crawley’s average in The Hundred (34.50) so far this summer has been superior to what he has managed in the T20 Blast (23.54) and in first-class cricket (20.54).

The 28-year-old felt “in the zone” and was able to play with “a lot of freedom” as he helped his side pull off the highest successful run chase at Headingley in The Hundred.

“I’ve spent too much of my career trying to prove to people how I can play. I’m buzzing that I’ve scored some runs, that’s what I get joy out of,” Crawley told BBC Test Match Special.

“I’m just thankful I can do that, I’m not too worried about who liked it and who didn’t – I know I did and that’s what I want to do.”

Brook chipped in with 42 not out from 17 balls as he also kickstarted his tournament with an innings bristling with clean ball striking.

The England limited-overs skipper had only managed scores of three and eight in his first two innings but mainly dealt in sixes against the Super Giants.

Brook’s six boundaries all cleared the ropes, including the winning runs off Noor Ahmad with 12 balls to spare.

Earlier, England wicketkeeper Jos Buttler continued his impressive start to this year’s tournament with an unbeaten 63 off 33 balls which provided the bedrock of the Super Giants’ 181-3.

Buttler had made a masterful 90 in the Super Giants’ emphatic win over Birmingham Phoenix last weekend and followed it up with his second half-century.

Heinrich Klaasen had chipped with 53 off 27 balls while Aussie seamer Nathan Ellis bagged 2-30 to finish the pick of the Sunrisers’ bowlers.

The Sunrisers have won two of their opening matches in The Hundred and join the Super Giants, who stay top on net run-rate, Welsh Fire and MI London on eight points.

Source link

ICE will suspend most vehicle stops in the wake of two deadly shootings

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has temporarily ordered officers to avoid, in most cases, making vehicle stops in the wake of two deadly shootings.

The tactical shift comes a day after an ICE officer shot and killed a Colombian man in Biddeford, Maine, and a week after an ICE officer fatally shot another man in Houston. Both men were driving at the time of the shootings, and the incidents have renewed criticism over the agency’s immigration enforcement tactics.

Multiple news outlets and a former federal immigration official said early Tuesday that the order allows for exceptions if officers are executing a criminal warrant and working with partner law enforcement agencies. The directive, later confirmed by a top official, is a temporary pause while ICE officers receive more training on vehicle stops.

An ICE spokesperson said that the agency wouldn’t discuss law enforcement tactics but that “we are always evaluating our procedures to keep our officers safe and criminals off our streets.”

But on Fox News on Tuesday afternoon, Tom Homan, a top White House immigration official, said the decision to halt most vehicle stops was made by Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin and top ICE leadership. But he emphasized that “it’s not a policy change, it’s a temporary pause” while officials review the incidents and decide whether training could be improved.

Homan said the pause won’t affect ICE arrests. He said officers could, in some instances, make an arrest before someone gets into their vehicle or after they arrive at their destination.

“I think it’s going to be a short pause,” he said. “I’m confident that ICE is well trained in vehicle stops and you’re going to see us keep moving forward.”

Reacting to ICE’s policy change, Rep. Christian Menefee (D-Texas) said in a statement that training won’t solve the agency’s deeply ingrained issues.

“Immigration enforcement shouldn’t be heavily militarized and chasing people through our streets,” he said. “The American people deserve competent leadership and law enforcement that is transparent, accountable, and worthy of the public’s trust.”

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said she had urged Mullin to “cease all non-urgent vehicle stops” in the wake of the Biddeford shooting.

“I am encouraged that the Department has agreed to do so,” she wrote on X.

Hundreds of people protested in Biddeford on Tuesday over the killing Monday of Johan Sebastián Durán Guerrero, a 26-year-old Colombian. Protests similarly broke out in Houston last week after the killing of Lorenzo Salgado Araujo, a 52-year-old from Mexico.

The Department of Homeland Security alleged that the men killed in both incidents resisted arrest and that the officers fired their weapons defensively as the men attempted to flee. Neither man was the intended target of the ICE officers.

Local officials in Houston and Biddeford are calling for independent investigations into the shootings. In both instances, the officers involved were not wearing body cameras.

Homeland Security said the officer who shot Durán Guerrero was “fearing for public safety.” The agency said Salgado Araujo had “weaponized his vehicle in an attempt to run over an ICE law enforcement officer.”

Durán Guerrero’s shooting marked at least the ninth such death since President Trump began his immigration crackdown. In a scathing post on X, outgoing Colombian President Gustavo Petro called the shooting an assassination “at the hands of the U.S. government.”

Durán Guerrero is survived by his wife and young daughter. Advocacy groups said he was authorized to work in the U.S.

Daniel Boucher, who lives near where Durán Guerrero was shot, said he “clearly heard the victim say, ‘I tried to stop.’”

The two shootings come as immigration arrests have surged again amid a Trump administration push to carry out its mass deportation agenda. Over five days at the end of June, ICE arrested more than 10,000 people.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Source link

Beach babe Kelly Brook can’t keep her hands off chiselled husband Jeremy Parisi on loved-up French getaway

KELLY Brook showed she and husband Jeremy Parisi are as loved up as ever as she packed on the PDA on their French getaway this week.

The couple soaked up the sun during a beach day in Saint-Tropez, with Kelly, 46, showing off her famous curves in a patterned swimsuit while hugging her Italian other half.

Kelly Brook showed off her curves in stunning swimwear as she hit the beach in Saint-Tropez Credit: BackGrid
The model and actress appeared smitten with her husband of four years as she hugged him by the shore Credit: BackGrid

Appearing in high spirits, Kelly pulled her brunette locks into a ponytail while taking a dip in the sea with Jeremy.

The couple were snapped beaming while sharing a hug at the busy shorefront.

Staying at the luxury wellness hotel Lily Of The Valley, Kelly and Jeremy have been enjoying the South Of France sunshine over the last week.

Alongside relaxing beachside, the couple have been hitting the gym and focusing on wellness during the trip.

wedding bells

Perrie Edwards finally reveals when she’ll marry Alex after 4 year engagement


BABY JOY

Love Island’s Adam Collard reveals Laura Woods is pregnant with second baby

The couple have been enjoying a French getaway over recent weeks, spending the last few days at a five-star wellness resort in luxe resort town Saint-Tropez Credit: BackGrid
The couple appeared in high spirits as they enjoyed a dip in the sea during the trip Credit: BackGrid
Kelly looked stunning in a patterned swimsuit for the dip Credit: BackGrid
The couple have also been celebrating Jeremy’s birthday during the holiday, with the model turning 41 earlier this month Credit: Rex

And showing it’s clearly the place to be, Kelly has bumped into fellow celebs Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan during her trip.

The trio, who were all holidaying in the destination separately, bumped into one another by chance at beach hotspot Club 55.

Kelly shared a snap with Amanda and Piers from the beach restaurant to her Instagram as they all caught up.

The posh resort town is hours away from where Jeremy grew up in Paris, despite originally hailing from Italy.

And it seems he and Kelly have been touring around the country, first heading to Cassis, a fishing town east of Marseille, before making their way to Saint-Tropez.

The trip was to mark Jeremy’s birthday, with the male model turning 41 during their stay in Cassis.

Jeremy, who is five and a half years his wife’s junior, has been married to the star since 2022.

The couple tied the knot in a traditional ceremony in Italy, seven years after they began dating in 2015.

They first met on Instagram, with Kelly noticing her later-to-be husband on the app and sending him a message.

Source link