blogger

Perez Hilton health update as family reveals celeb blogger ‘can communicate’ after distressing ‘self harm TikTok vid’

PEREZ Hilton is “able to communicate”, his family shared – in a health update one day after the celebrity blogger’s distressing TikTok video.

Hilton, 48, was rushed to hospital on Tuesday after a disturbing livestream appeared to show him self-harming at his Miami home.

Perez Hilton is ‘able to communicate’ after he appeared to self-harm on a TikTok live stream Credit: Getty
Police vehicles and sheriff’s deputies seen outside the Miami neighborhood where Perez Hilton live Credit: BackGrid

Police received multiple 911 calls from concerned fans who reported that the TV star was naked, covered in blood, with several marks on his body.

Hilton’s family have now provided an update on the blogger’s condition, while thanking well-wishers for their “compassionate humanity during this heartbreaking time”.

Their statement continued: “This has been incredibly difficult and emotional for us, made even harder because very little information has been made available to our family.

“While we continue to wait for further updates, we remain hopeful.

Read more about Perez Hilton

FAILED TO ACT

TikTok under fire after Perez Hilton ‘self-harm’ vid stayed live for 15 MINS

“We have also been able to confirm that Perez is able to communicate, which has given our family hope.

“We respectfully ask for your continued prayers, understanding, and grace as Perez continues to recover.”

Hilton, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., sparked alarm after going through a mental health crisis in front of thousands of viewers.

Emergency dispatch audio revealed the tense hours leading up to his rescue as police tried to negotiate with him.

Most read in Entertainment

Hilton shot to fame as a celebrity blogger in the 2000s Credit: Getty
He has shared various updates with fans about his recent physical and mental health battles Credit: X/PerezHilton

In one dispatch recording, two men are heard discussing a “man down call” involving a “live streamer” who was broadcasting himself while in severe distress, which left viewers “upset.”

Police are believed to have arrived at Hilton’s rental home at around 7.10 pm and spent several hours trying to make contact with him while also speaking with concerned family members.

A second dispatch recording, obtained by The U.S. Sun and timestamped at around 10.41 pm, shows operators later classifying the incident as a reported “suicide attempt” as they requested additional assistance.

The audio captures the urgency of the response, with dispatchers sending multiple police units to the property and warning responding officers that it was an “active police scene.”

Other units were placed on standby as officers worked to safely resolve the crisis before Hilton was ultimately transported to hospital.

At around 11 pm, officers revealed they were entering the home and minutes later Hilton was transported to hospital.

A source close told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that Hilton was injured and was placed under a psychiatric hold under the Baker Act.

Officially known as the Florida Mental Health Act of 1971, it allows a person to be taken to a receiving facility for an evaluation of up to 72 hours.

Hilton entering the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2015 Credit: Getty Images – Getty
Hilton at a party with Kris Jenner and Khloe Kardashian in 2013 Credit: Getty

It does not mean the person has been arrested or charged with a crime.

Earlier this year, Hilton spent three weeks in hospital as he battled sepsis, one of a series of health problems – including an ulcer and blood clot – apparently triggered by taking flu medication on an empty stomach.

Following his medical drama in March he said: “My stupidity landed me in hospital for 21 days.

“It was the worst and best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

But the star found religion while he was recovering, and even claimed God told him to sell his $4 million mansion in Las Vegas and move to Miami.

He started urging his army of social media followers to pray for him. 

In one bizarre post he wrote: “I feel like I should be scared right now, but I’m not. I definitely am worried though. God, show me the way!

“Perez Hilton is GOING THROUGH IT right now. He asks for prayers and for Christ to intervene – sooner rather than later. Working on patience!”

Hilton found global fame in the early 2000s for his blog where he spoke about celebrity gossip and commented on the latest viral showbiz stories.

He was known for his big, often controversial, opinions on the stars of the era.

This led to him rubbing shoulders with some of Hollywood’s top names such as the Kardashians as well as starring in several TV shows.

In 2007, he featured in several episodes of The View and created his own TV show over in the UK called Perez Hilton Superfan in 2012.

His success with the show in Britain also saw him land a spot as a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother in 2015.

Despite being the seventh celebrity evicted from the reality TV show, Hilton had several major moments throughout the season and is known as one of the show’s most memorable cast members.

If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988, chat on 988lifeline.org, or text Crisis Text Line at 741741.

Mental health helplines

MENTAL health issues don’t discriminate, touching the lives of people in every corner of society.

If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988, chat on 988lifeline.org, or text Crisis Text Line at 741741.

Over in the UK, the following organisations provide support:

Source link

Perez Hilton taken to hospital after police rush to his home over reports blogger was ‘self-harming on livestream’

An image collage containing 1 images, Image 1 shows Perez Hilton smiling at the Family Equality Council's Annual Impact Awards

PEREZ Hilton has been rushed to hospital after worrying reports he was seen self-harming during a TikTok livestream.

Police raced to the celebrity blogger and TV star’s home in Miami after concerned fans made “multiple” 911 calls reporting Hilton’s worrying behaviour and saying he was covered in blood.

The Advocate's 45th Anniversary - Arrivals
Perez Hilton has been rushed to hospital after he was reportedly seen covered in blood during a TikTok livestream Credit: Getty Images – Getty

Distressing footage from Hilton’s TikTok account appeared to show the media personality covered in blood with with several marks on his body.

Fans of Hilton, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr, reported the video and managed to get it taken down by TikTok.

The Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office confirmed they received several 911 calls about an individual livestreaming acts of self-harm on social media.

Deputies found Hilton, 48, inside the house alone and quickly assessed he wasn’t a risk to others but needed medical help.

A police spokesperson said: “Deputies tactically disengaged while continuing to monitor the situation.”

He was “safely recovered” and taken to a local hospital to receive treatment.

Hilton’s family have been in contact with the cops and helped provide statements.

Hilton’s representatives, Golden Artists Entertainment Co-CEOs Dante Rusciolelli and Rebekah Kochan told TMZ they “are aware of the concerning content circulating online”.

Most read in Entertainment

Their statement added: “At this time, we have not been able to make direct contact with him, despite our ongoing efforts to reach him.

“Our primary concern is Perez’s health and well-being, as well as the well-being of his family.

“Until we have confirmed information, we will not speculate or comment further.”

If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call or text the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988, chat on 988lifeline.org, or text Crisis Text Line at 741741.

Source link

‘I’m a travel blogger – never put your full address on your luggage tags’

A travel blogger has warned holidaymakers not to put their full address on their luggage tags, as it could open them up to luggage tag scams and holiday fraud

With summer rapidly approaching, countless Brits will be getting ready to fly off on their summer getaways. However, one travel expert is cautioning people against including their full address on their luggage.

That advice might appear contradictory to many, given traditional luggage tags typically feature space for your name, phone number, address, and even email. Yet travel blogger Mark Wolters argues that displaying your address on your suitcase could expose you to a range of scams.

Mark, who posts as Wolter’s World on YouTube, cautions that unscrupulous individuals could even exploit the address to reroute your suitcase, pinching your valuable possessions. In a YouTube video, he said: “When it comes to your bag tags, don’t put your whole address on them.

“Think about it, if you’re at baggage claim and you’re a cute young man like myself, and my address and phone number are right there, and someone goes ‘I like, that guy, I’m going to follow him to his house.’ You don’t want that.”

Mark reveals he and his family simply list their name, phone number, and email address. He continued: “If I travel, how is my home address going to help? They’re not going to send it to London, they’re going to send it back to the US.”

He went on to stress that travellers should refrain from sharing “too much information”. He also urged travellers to ensure they have a privacy flap concealing their basic details.

While this may appear over-the-top to some, he insists that anyone seeking access to your information is merely a straightforward photograph away. He warns that your private information could also be exploited for identity fraud.

If your details remain visible on your luggage, Mark cautions travellers that fraudsters can manipulate the airline into rerouting their baggage elsewhere, granting them access to your belongings.

He said: “Your bag tags have that number on there, and people can file false claims saying, ‘Here’s my bag tag number, where is it? Oh it’s not there, send it to this hotel, this address’. Then you’re out of luck.”

This prompted Mark to urge holidaymakers not to reveal excessive personal information on social media. Beyond the bag tags, he warns this can include your boarding pass or even updates while you’re away.

He explains that disclosing precise trip details essentially alerts potential thieves that your property is “wide open”. On top of this, Mark cautions tourists to be vigilant for fraudulent customer service contacts.

He points out that posting about your airline on social media can attract fake accounts messaging you, claiming they can resolve your issue if you provide your banking information. He added: “Those airlines aren’t going to ask for your credit card details in your DMs, they already have that information because you bought a ticket.”

He urges travellers to ensure they are contacting verified customer service channels.

Source link