Video released by the Palestinian Red Crescent shows Israeli settler children attacking and blocking an ambulance transporting a patient in Hebron’s Tel Rumeida neighbourhood in the occupied West Bank.
A HIGHLANDER legend was rushed to hospital in an ambulance after collapsing at an event in America.
The actor and producer, 69, was also forced to scrap photo opportunities with fans as his health issue took centre stage.
Highlander legend Christopher Lambert was rushed to hospital in an ambulance after collapsing at an event in AmericaCredit: GettyHe reportedly fell ill while signing autographs at the Steel City Con in PennsylvaniaCredit: X/@RDAF2
Actor Christopher Lambert, who played Highlander’s main character Connor MacLeod in the 1986 movie, reportedly fell ill at the Steel City Con in Pennsylvania on Saturday.
According to TMZ, he had been signing autographs with fans before he collapsed and was whisked away.
Sign up for the Showbiz newsletter
Thank you!
The event organisers then took to their Facebook page to confirm: “Christopher Lambert had to leave the event due to a personal issue.
Christopher who played Highlander’s main character Connor MacLeodCredit: AlamyThe Mortal Kombat actor has been confirmed to appear at today’s eventCredit: Getty
The Sun has gone to the Mortal Kombat actor’s rep for comment.
They did tell TMZ the screen star is “perfectly OK” – and his fall was due to low blood sugar after a lack of food.
In news that will delight fans – and suggest he is on the mend – event organisers also confirmed he will appear at the convention today [Sunday] as planned.
In a message posted to Facebook they wrote: “Christopher Lambert will be attending Sunday. He will be there at 11:30 AM. Lisa & Louise Burns will do 12 PM Panel. Also, Karen Gillan will be doing Solos and Duos on Sunday (with Arthur) as well”.
One fan was quick to comment: “Glad he’s okay. That was scary!”
A second put: “Very happy to hear this”.
A Facebook user then added: “Hope he’s going to be all right. Highlander is my favourite movie of all time, and I wish he didn’t have to go through that scare today”.
INBETWEENERS star James Buckley’s wife Clair was rushed to hospital in an ambulance after “not being able to stand up”.
The couple shared on their podcast that Clair, 38, had been unwell and needed to seek urgent medical attention.
The Inbetweeners star James Buckley has revealed his wife was rushed to hospitalCredit: Instagram/thebuckleyspodClair was taken to hospital in an ambulanceCredit: Instagram/thebuckleyspod
In a snippet from the latest episode of The Buckleys, Clair revealed: “I’ve not been very well.”
James, 38, then replied: “No, you ended up in the old hospital there, didn’t you?
Sign up for the Showbiz newsletter
Thank you!
“Didn’t an ambulance come and take you away?”
Explaining what happened, the mum-of-two said: “So basically it was some sort of virus that I had had, but it was slowly sort of chipping away at me and I was getting more and more dehydrated and I didn’t even really know.”
The Inbetweeners star then said: “I feel a little bit bad. Because I went away, I was working.
“And you were calling me up, sort of. I’d get to my hotel and I’d check, see how you’re getting on. You’d be going, ‘I’m really ill, I’m really sick.’
The couple have been married for 14 yearsCredit: Shutterstock EditorialJames shot to fame in The Inbetweeners in 2008Credit: Handout
“And I was going, ‘Alright, see how you feel in the morning.’
“I came home and the only way I can describe you, you look like when little weak Lord Voldemort was being carried and he’s got his little thin little legs like hanging out and he’s got like a little shawl over him!”
James and Clair first found love when they met on Twitter.
Clair, then an actress and model living in Glasgow, previously revealed how she had never watched The Inbetweeners before meeting the actor – who was currently starring in season three of the hit show at the time.
“I knew of the show and what it was but I didn’t tune in. I didn’t watch it, which might have been a good thing,” the Scottish podcaster told The Sun in 2023.
“I did watch a couple of episodes after we met but to this day I don’t think I’ve seen every single episode. James and Jay are nothing alike thank God.”
The couple bonded on Twitter over their love of The Beatles before meeting in person .
After a whirlwind romance, they welcomed their first child Harrison, now 14, in 2011.
They then wed the following year, before Jude, 12, was born in 2013.
LIONEL Richie has been reportedly taken to hospital after he took a funny turn on stage and was forced to end the concert.
The 77-year-old was performing at the Grand Casino Arena in Minnesota when his ill spell happened and had to take a moment to sit down.
Sign up for the Showbiz newsletter
Thank you!
Lionel is touring his Sing A Song All Night Long show throughout the summer (pictured in May)Credit: GettyThe Commodores frontman was performing in Minnesota when he had to cut the gig early due to a dizzy spell (pictured back in April)Credit: Getty
TMZ reports that the star halted his gig and was attended to paramedics backstage where he was subsequently sent packing to hospital.
Sources told the publication that the hospital trip was part of a precautionary measure.
The Sun has contacted representatives for Richie for comment.
In a video from the gig shared online, the music icon is seen attempting to finish performing his hit Dancing On The Ceiling while sat on the steps leading up to the live band.
Lionel had to sit down while singing hit song Dancing on the CeilingCredit: GettyThe 77-year-old was subsequently taken to hospital in an ambulance after the funny turnCredit: Getty
While he got back to his feet to carry on, he was forced to sit down again amid a second dizzy spell.
He is seen in the footage catching his breath, perched on the edge of the stage, while trying to continue with the song.
As explained in the post shared to X, Lionel managed to perform one more song, sat at the piano.
After departing the stage, Lionel’s saxophonist Dino Soldo told the crowd that the hitmaker wasn’t feeling well and wouldn’t be returning to the stage, ending the show.
Lionel was appearing with Earth, Wind & Fire as part of their joint tour hitting 26 venues across the States.
The Easy musician is next expected to appear for a gig in Chicago on Friday night.
NICKY Campbell’s daughter was rushed to hospital after she was hit by an e-bike.
The broadcaster announced that Lilla, 26, was badly injured while out in Peckham with her sisters last night.
Sign up for the Showbiz newsletter
Thank you!
Nicky Campbell’s daughter was rushed to hospital last night after an e-bike hit and runCredit: x.com/nickyaacampbellThe radio star announced the news on Instagram on Saturday morningCredit: Getty
“It’s been a long and emotional night,” he said on Instagram.
He added that he hoped CCTV footage would be able to track down the rider, who allegedly “scarpered” once the ambulance arrived.
She is now recovering at home.
“It could have been so much worse. We are incredibly lucky,” said the BBC radio host.
The broadcaster said it could have been ‘so much worse’Credit: GettyLilla was badly injured during the incident and is now recovering at homeCredit: Getty
He thanked the staff at King’s College Hospital for their “superb” treatment.
The prominent Scottish broadcaster, journalist and author is best known for hosting ITV’s Long Lost Family and BBC Radio Live.
He rose to prominence in the late 1980s, with a ten year stint as a DJ on BBC Radio 1.
His personal life has been shaped by his experience as an adoptee and his advocacy work for children in care.
He was awarded an OBE in the 2015 Queen’s Birthday Honours for services to children, adoption and fostering.
The radio star is married to journalist Tina Ritchie and has four daughters, Breagha, Lilla, Kirsty and Isla.