Meghan Markle

Who is Stassi Schroeder? Reality star’s life including Meghan Markle feud

The reality TV regular has landed her own show which arrives on Disney Plus in a matter of days

Fans of the Real Housewives and Vanderpump Rules have a new must-see show for their watch lists.

House of Stassi premiered in the US this week with its UK release now just days away. The eight-episode series will be available to stream on Disney Plus from August 12.

It documents former Vanderpump Rules star, Stassi Schroeder, as she returns to the spotlight after her sacking from the show back in 2020. While she previously dipped her toe back in to reality TV with spin-off Vanderpump Villa, her own series will take fans deeper into her life and inner circle.

As per the Disney Plus synopsis: “House of Stassi follows reality TV icon Stassi Schroeder as she steps into her next act. In this meta-docuseries, Stassi navigates her long-awaited return to television – this time with the people she loves most by her side.

“As her ambition pulls her back into the spotlight, those around her level up. But as cameras roll and truths surface, her closest relationships are put to the test.”

Why is Stassi Schroeder famous?

She got her big break on the long-running reality series, Vanderpump Rules. A spin-off of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the show began in 2013 and follows fan favourite housewife Lisa Vanderpump and the lives of the staff working across her restaurants and bars.

Stassi was on the show from the very start as a worker at Lisa’s West Hollywood restaurant, SUR. Her outspoken nature made her a standout personality across the eight seasons she featured in. She has also launched a successful podcast and has written three best-selling books.

Stassi Schroeder controversy explained

Back in 2020, Bravo confirmed it had fired Stassi and her co-star Kristen Doute from Vanderpump Rules. It came after a past incident from 2018 resurfaced in which the pair had called the police on black TV personality, Faith Stowers, for a crime she did not commit, claiming she resembled a suspect.

Stassi later issued a statement addressing the “racially insensitive comments”, writing: “I did not recognise the serious ramifications that could have transpired because of my actions. What I did to Faith was wrong. I apologise and I do not expect forgiveness.”

She added: “I am going to continue to look closer at myself and my actions – to take the time to listen, to learn, and to take accountability for my privilege.”

Meanwhile Kristen did the same, saying: “Although, my actions were not racially driven, I am now completely aware of how my privilege blinded me from the reality of law enforcement’s treatment of the black community, and how dangerous my actions would have been to her,” adding that she would “do better.”

Meghan Markle feud

Stassi claimed on her podcast in 2025 that she was “furious” at Meghan Markle and was boycotting her Netflix show With Love, Meghan. It came after she was allegedly refused freebies from Meghan’s As Ever brand, despite Stassi publicly supporting her in the past.

“The way she moves through social media, I think that she’s stuck in 2017, and she just thinks I’m a lowly reality person,” Stassi told her podcast listeners. “That’s what I think, and I am furious, and this is the last straw. I’m not watching her show anymore.”

Noticing that a PR package had been sent to another podcast host who had been critical of Meghan in the past only added fuel to the fire, and Stassi vowed: “I’m going to unfollow her right now. Literally, I’m unfollowing her. Done!”

Meghan has never commented on the supposed PR package snub nor the remarks made by Stassi.

House of Stassi arrives on Disney+ from August 12.

Source link

Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not stay there

July 6 (UPI) — A confusing situation played out Monday in the British royal family, as a representative for Prince Harry first said the prince had accepted an invitation to stay at the royal residence for one night — only for royal authorities to announce that he was not welcome after all.

Representatives for both Prince Harry, the duke of Sussex, and Buckingham Palace had different stories about the events leading up to the about-face, BBC News reported.

Prince Harry arrived Monday for a weeklong stay in Britain, with his family possibly arriving later this week.

The prince’s camp said Buckingham Palace withdrew an offer that had been formally accepted. The palace, however, said it offered accommodation to the prince, who did not confirm if he would accept and then declined the offer, only to change his mind later that day. By then, the palace said, it was too late to make arrangements, The Guardian reported.

Prince Harry, his wife, Meghan Markle, and their children, Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5, live in California. The prince and his wife stepped back from the role of senior royals in 2020.

Tension between the prince (the younger son of King Charles III) and other members of the royal family has continued, although Harry and King Charles met last year for a conversation. This trip was expected to be the first time his children met their grandfather since 2022.

Harry is in Britain to promote various charities and the 2027 Invictus Games for injured military personnel and veterans around the world. The games are expected to take place in Birmingham, where the prince will travel later this week.

Originally, the duke of Sussex’s entire family was going to travel to both London and Birmingham, but the government declined his request for a security detail outside royal residences. Meghan and the children may meet the prince in Birmingham for the second half of the trip. It was not clear if they would meet the king.

Source link

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Britain with kids in July

June 18 (UPI) — Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to visit Britain in July with their children for the start of the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games, sources say.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to bring their children, Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5, according to reporting by the BBC, ITV and The Telegraph.

Harry hasn’t been assured that there will be a security detail in place, and it isn’t clear if King Charles III will be able to meet the children, The Telegraph said.

The prince has said that he wants to bring Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet back to England to meet his friends and family and teach them more about British culture. The children haven’t seen their grandfather in person since they were last in England in 2022 for the late Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee.

A Los Angeles business associate told The Telegraph that there was a “warming of the frost” between Harry and Charles in recent months. Harry had fallen out with his family after his memoir, Spare, made several accusations against them.

The unnamed source said, “Harry says he’s coming back before the end of the year with the children with the express intent to reunite with his dad.

“The way in which he said it seems to make it clear that he believes that this is happening and will pave the way for a longer-term peaceful relationship between them.

“He has wanted to have his kids meet their grandfather, especially after their summit in London last year.

“While there have been deep-seated trust issues around Harry, there is a sense now that all parties want peace.”

The source said that there was still distrust of Harry among the king’s friends but that Charles wants to find a way to reconcile.

Harry lost an appeal last year challenging the dismissal of his claim against the Home Office over the decision that he should have a different degree of taxpayer-funded protection when in the country.

Harry and Meghan moved to Canada then California after they decided they no longer wanted to serve as senior royals.

Troops in landing craft approach Omaha Beach on D-Day in Normandy, France, on June 6, 1944. D-Day was the largest seaborne invasion in history and turned the tide of World War II. Photo by UPI | License Photo

Source link