Loose Women

Olivia Attwood shares update on ITV future after pulling out of Loose Women

Olivia Attwood had to miss Loose Women this week as she wasn’t feeling well – but she promised to come back soon and said fans will see more of her on ITV in 2026

Olivia Attwood has shared an update on her future on ITV show This Morning after being forced to miss Loose Women this week as she wasn’t feeling well.

The 34-year-old Love Island star has been battling a chest infection, strep throat and “some fly type thing” that she is struggling to get rid of. Olivia admitted she felt at “death’s door” due to her multiple health issues – but said she is determined to come back to work soon.

On Sunday, she answered a Q&A on Instagram, where fans asked her about her career and her marriage to footballer Bradley Dack. One fan asked: “Are you still going to be a presenter on This Morning?”

READ MORE: Olivia Attwood ‘defeated’ by mystery illness as doctors issue warning

Olivia replied: “Yeh I’m coming back for more – can’t get rid of me now 2026.” Earlier this year, the star appeared on This Morning to discuss her new TV show The Price of Perfection in June – and revealed her news to hosts Cat Deeley and Ben Shepherd.

Engineering the conversation, Ben told the former star: “We’ve got some big news about This Morning and you in the summer.” In response, Olivia said: “I have some news yes, it’s very exciting. I’ll be joining you guys on the hosting team on the other side of the sofa.”

The TV duo then gestured for Olivia to sit on their side of the sofa to “feel what it’s like.” Getting up to switch her seat, the newbie said: “This is even more surreal.”

Complimenting the new addition to the presenting team, Cat said: “We look amazing together.” And this prompted Olivia to ask Cat: “Shall we do a show together?”

The Loose Women panellist add more detail to her announcement as she said: “So it’s a couple of shows, I’m very excited, it’s a huge honour. I’ve grown up watching this show, and being part of the ITV presenting team with Loose Women has been a great experience so this just feels like a very natural progression.”

Earlier this week, Olivia apologised to fans for missing Loose Women. Sharing a photo of a doctor looking at a mobile heart monitor machine, the Love Island said said her body “finally said no” and she had to drop out of the show.

She wrote on Instagram that she wasn’t feeling well. Then in a new social media update, Olivia told her fans on TikTok: “I’m the firstborn daughter, first granddaughter, Taurus. I don’t listen to anyone. Apparently that includes my body. I just don’t like being defeated.

“This f—–g thing has defeated me. And now I’m on like 24 hours of doctor ordered lying about, being f—–g bone idle is what I call it. My half English, half German DNA is not coping well with being sedentary on the ADHD. Yeah.”

Follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.



Source link

Loose Women’s Sherrie Hewson claims co-star ‘kicked her under the table’

Sherrie Hewson has revealed which of her Loose Women co-stars jokingly kicked her under the table when she recently went back to the ITV chat show panel after almost a decade away

Sherrie Hewson has claimed that a Loose Women star kicked her under the table. The actress spent more than a decade on the panel of ITV’s lunchtime panel show, putting the world to rights alongside other long-serving stars such as Jane McDonald, Carol McGiffin, and Denise Welch, amongst a whole host of other familiar television faces. The actress, 75, was probably best known for starring as Maureen Holdsworth on Coronation Street in the late 1990s when she landed the job, and was yet to experience further success as hotelier Joyce Temple-Savage on the sunny sitcom Benidorm.

The former Emmerdale star announced in 2016 that she would be stepping down from the panel after a total of 13 years on air, having worked alongside anchors such as Andrea McLean, Carol Vorderman and Kate Thornton, and had appeared in more than 800 episodes by the time she left.

She has now claimed that while she did have intense debates with co-stars like Janet Street-Porter, everything was normally okay once the cameras stopped rolling, but she returned a few months ago for a guest appearance and was ‘kicked’ under the table by one long-serving star in particular.

READ MORE: Loose Women legend reveals ‘massive’ backstage row with co-starREAD MORE: Denise Welch reveals she ‘stormed off set’ over ‘patronising’ director

She said: “I don’t recall anyone back then being offended by what we said or did. Nobody was rude. Yes, we had rows. I had awful ding-dongs with Janet Street Porter – I’d tell her to shut up because I thought she was talking rubbish. But we’d both end up laughing and thinking it was very funny. She was talking rubbish – and maybe I was, too!

“But you have rows and you make up – that’s life! It was never about deliberately creating an argument for the sake of it, like you get on some shows. I don’t mean about it being horrible and nasty, but like: ‘Do you know what? I don’t agree with you. Let’s agree to disagree’. We all have different opinions. And we should be allowed to say them!

“I went on Loose Women a few months ago and I said something slightly outrageous – can’t remember what it was now – and Coleen [Nolan] kicked me under the table!”

During a chat with The Sun, Sherrie went on to say that she told I’m In The Mood For Dancing songstress to not do that to her, and recalled that Coleen simply replied: “But I like kicking you.” But she insisted that was the “kind of banter” that was needed and insisted that there was “no hard feelings” between herself and the former Dancing On Ice star.

The actress recently spoke out about the much-discussed revival of Benidorm, which initially ran from 2007 until 2018 and also featured the likes of Steve Pemberton, Siobhan Finneran, and Tony Maudsley amongst its stellar cast. Several big-name guest stars also made an appearance over the years, including Dame Joan Collins, Hi-de-Hi legend Su Pollard and the late Cilla Black.

On the subject of a comeback, Sherrie told the Mirror: “We’re always the last to know when it comes to Benidorm! But wouldn’t it be brilliant? It would be fabulous, wouldn’t it? It still gets great ratings you know, I sit and watch it all the time! I don’t know the answer to if it’s coming back but of course I’m up for it.

“I was lucky because Joyce was a brilliantly written part. Derren Litten could really write for women and you can’t say that about a lot of people.

“He wrote that part and it was such an amazing gift. I had so many incredible years on that show – five months in Benidorm every year, you can’t get better than that, can you? I’d jump on the plane now if they were bringing it back.

“We had the likes of Martin Kemp, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Bananarama, and Tony Hadley come out. None of them wanted to go home. Of course I want to do it again, and it’s the same with Corrie. I’d love to link up with Tony Maudsley [George Shuttleworth] who played Kenneth in Benidorm, could you imagine?”

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.



Source link

Strictly’s Vicky Pattison bursts into tears as she admits ‘I’m very overwhelmed’

Vicky Pattison has admitted she spent last weekend ‘bursting into tears’ after competing in the latest round of the BBC show after she topped the leaderboard

Strictly Come Dancing star Vicky Pattison has admitted she spent last weekend ‘bursting into tears’ after competing in the latest round of the BBC show. The Geordie Shore legend , 37, had been awarded a near-perfect score of 39 following her Tango to Taylor Swift hit The Fate Of Ophelia, and found herself at the top of the leaderboard.

The former Loose Women star, who won I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in the years following her rise to fame, made an appearance alongside professional partner Kai Widdrington on Friday’s edition of Strictly spin-off It Takes Two, where she explained to host Fleur East just how much the successful result had meant to her.

She said: “On social media, someone said ‘I fear Vicky Pattison might chuck herself off that balcony if she ever gets a 40!’ and I fear they are right. For someone like me who had never danced before and was so scared at the start of the process, even now who still has wobbles, that’s a moment I never thought would be mine. I’m still feeling very overwhelmed and I spent Sunday just bursting into tears.”

As a congratulatory gift, Vicky was then presented with a framed picture of the leaderboard and a cushion with judge Anton DuBeke holding up his 10 paddle up on it. Vicky joked: “I am going straight home to bed with this!” Meanwhile, Vicky is hopeful that she and her co-stars will remain friends in the longterm and is confident that it will happen because she is still friends with her fellow showbiz stars from other reality shows.

She said: “For me, all the celebs are absolutely gorgeous. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be doing Strictly this year because everyone is so lovely. When we lost Dani Dyer originally, it was so devastating and heart-breaking. But then we got the gorgeous Amber, and we’ve got by Bal, La Voix, Caz Carney. I just feel so lucky and I hope we’re gonna be friends forever.

“That sounds a bit soppy, but maybe I am a bit soppy! I’m still friends with Ferne [McCann] and I was in the jungle 10 years ago with her. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’re gonna be friends forever!”

Following the performance, Craig Revel Horwood was full of praise, describing the performance as “perfect”, while Anton admitted he was “a bit stunned” because it was “that good”.

He enthused: “I thought it was absolutely marvellous. I loved it. Your line is the best line I’ve ever seen. It was immaculate.” Meanwhile, Motsi Mabuse and head judge Shirley Ballas declared it their “dance of the night”, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Motsi gushed: “Last week I said you were a contender for the final, and this dance just proved what I meant. You confirmed my intuition. Without a doubt, you are on fire. Whatever is giving you that fire – keep it up. This was for me, till now, the dance of the night.”

After the show, Vicky took to Instagram to share her disbelief, posting a snapshot of the leaderboard with the caption: “This can not be real”. Saturday’s episode marked the halfway point of the series, with nine couples taking to the dance floor.

Follow our Strictly Come Dancing blog by clicking here.

Source link

Ruth Langsford shares health fears as ‘senior moments’ leave her ‘frightened’ for future after losing dad to Alzheimer’s

LOOSE Women star Ruth Langsford has revealed she gets ‘frightened’ over having ‘senior moments’ after losing her dad to Alzheimer’s.

The 65-year-old beloved television host has opened up about her health fears after her parents were both diagnosed with dementia and her dad died from complications of the disease.

Ruth Langsford has opened up about her health fearsCredit: ITV
Her father Dennis Langsford died in 2012 from complications from Alzheimer’sCredit: Not known clear with picture desk
Ruth’s mother Joan has dementia at 94 years of ageCredit: instagram/ruthlangsford

Ruth’s father Dennis sadly died in 2012 from complications from dementia.

The TV star’s mother, Joan, 94, was also diagnosed with the disease

Because of the way in which Alzheimer’s is influenced by generics, Ruth has revealed her health fears after experiencing “senior moments”.

Speaking to The Mirror this weekend, Ruth got candid when she said: “All the time, literally all the time, if I ever have a senior moment where I go, ‘what’s her name again?’, somebody that I know quite well, and I have a complete and utter blank, it really frightens me.”

Read More about Ruth Langsford

opening up

Ruth Langsford breaks silence on claim she’s reunited with childhood sweetheart


Loose Loss

Ruth Langsford heartbroken as Loose Women pal leaves show amid cash crisis

She added: “I’m 65 now, my dad was officially diagnosed when he was 72.

“But looking back on it, we think he was displaying signs, we just didn’t know what they were – but he was in his late 60s and I’m 65.”

Ruth continued: “Of course I worry about it with both parents having had dementia, but I just think, what will be will be.”

Back in August of this year, Ruth opened up about her mother’s diagnosis and how she and her family found it “doubly hard”.

She told Hello! Magazine: “It’s very upsetting when your loved one is given that diagnosis.

“For my family, we found that doubly hard as my dad had Alzheimer’s, so we knew what was ahead for us and my mum.”

Ruth revealed at the time: “At the moment, mum knows who I am, she always recognises me and is very happy to see me.

“I know that that could change at any time, it did with my dad, and that is heartbreaking.”

Discussing her dad’s death in 2017 in an episode of Loose Women, Ruth said: “I was grieving and losing my dad but my mum was losing the love of her life, the man she married and had children with.

“They had years and years of memories.

“You don’t often hear people talking about that side of it.

“When my dad went into care, my mum was so distraught…

“I’m sorry,” she said, getting emotional and wiping a tear from her eye at the time.

JUNGLE READY

I’m A Celeb full line-up revealed with soap legends and TV pin up


JAB TRICK

I lost 13st on Mounjaro and needed a new passport – you must check your ‘TDEE’

“You do hope, but you know they probably won’t get better.

“I’m sorry, sometimes I just can’t talk about it. It’s thinking about my mum, that side of it that gets to me.”

Ruth has experienced heartache because of dementia twice in her lifeCredit: Rex

Source link