bust

Towie’s Jake Hall had debts of £1.5m before tragic Majorca death at Airbnb after fashion business went bust

TOWIE star Jake Hall was battling crippling debts of nearly £1.5million before his tragic death in Majorca last week.

The 35-year-old reality TV personality was found dead in an Airbnb after running through a single-glazed glass door.

Jake Hall was found dead in Majorca last week Credit: Shutterstock
Hall was reportedly struggling with high levels of debt prior to his death Credit: James Shaw

It has now emerged the artist had been struggling financially after his fashion company collapsed, according to the Daily Mail.

Companies House shows his business, Prevu London Limited, went into liquidation in 2025 owing around £1.49million.

The company reportedly owed £181,581 to HMRC, as well as a £1.1million loan to an Essex-based property business.

Prevu London also racked up hundreds of thousands of pounds in debts to other unnamed creditors.

TOWIE’S LOST BOYS

Crippled by drugs & crushed dreams… dark side of the Towie fame machine


TRUE TRAGEDY

I knew REAL Jake Hall who called me ‘second dad’… why his death is so shocking

Jake Hall rose to fame after appearing in reality TV show The Only Way is Essex Credit: Shutterstock Editorial

Hall remained the sole director of the company until his death.

One close friend claimed Jake “wanted to live like Cristiano Ronaldo but had the budget of a Towie star”.

“There was a point when Jake was on the show when he had the world at his feet,” the friend said.

“He suddenly had loads of money and his business went well but that had not been the case more recently.

“He would put up a big front but the money wasn’t there any more.”

In the wake of the tragedy, Jake’s devastated family travelled to the Spanish island and visited a sculpture he unveiled there last month.

His father Greg shared a photograph of himself standing beneath the artwork alongside Jake’s mother and younger brother.

“Thank you so so much for all your love. Visited our Son’s sculpture yesterday,” he wrote.

Hall also owed £1.1million to a property business in Essex Credit: Can Nguyen
An autopsy is now ongoing to determine if drugs or alcohol played a role in his death Credit: Jake Hall/Cover Images

Close friend David Gomez said the former ITV star had recently returned to Majorca to focus on his artwork.

Jake arrived at the villa in Santa Margalida, in the north of the island, on Tuesday morning.

It is believed he later went out in Palma before returning to the property with two men and three women, all thought to be in their twenties.

The group reportedly continued partying and playing music until around 7.15am, when neighbours heard a loud crash.

Jake is believed to have mistaken the closed patio door for an open exit to the pool area and accidentally ran straight into the glass.

The single-glazed door, fitted with wooden frames, shattered instantly on impact.

Suffering severe head injuries and deep cuts from shards of glass lodged in his neck and chest, Jake collapsed immediately as friends desperately screamed for help.

Neighbour Rafael, 70, rushed to the villa after hearing the commotion.

“His friends were in the street shouting ‘help, help’ and that their friend had an accident,” he told the Daily Mail.

“He was badly cut all over his body, especially on his arms. He was topless but someone had placed a t-shirt over his body.

“He also had glass shards lodged in his neck and chest. There was a big red mark on his head.

“It looked like he ran through the glass patio door thinking it was open but in reality it was closed.

“I tried to see if there was anything I could do to help save him but there was sadly no sign of life. He was not breathing and I could feel no pulse.”

Emergency services – including Guardia Civil – arrived by 7.30am but were unable to save him.

Police later confirmed there was no sign of “criminal activity” and said the death appeared to be a tragic accident.

An autopsy is now underway to determine whether drugs or alcohol may have played a role in the incident.

Footballer and model Jake leaves behind the mother of his child Misse Beqiri who he had an on-off relationship with since 2016.

The couple share a daughter, River, who was born in November 2017.

Source link

Feds arrest 18 in MacArthur Park drug bust

May 7 (UPI) — Federal law enforcement agents have arrested and charged 18 people accused of selling drugs in and around downtown Los Angeles’ MacArthur Park, according to authorities who say additional drug operations will be conducted.

The 18 people arrested over the last 24 hours in the so-called Operation Free MacArthur Park are among 25 defendants named in a federal criminal complaint charging them with distribution of, and possession with intent too distribute, a controlled substance, the Justice Department said in a statement Wednesday.

First Assistant U.S. Attorney Bill Essayli for the Central District of California told reporters during a press conference that some 300 federal drug and law enforcement agents participated in the raid and that they “are not going anywhere.”

“This is not a one-and-done operation,” he said. “We are here and we are not leaving.”

Located in Los Angeles’ Westlake neighborhood, the historic MacArthur Park is within a densely populated immigrant area and has long been associated with drugs, crime and gangs.

Last summer, it was the backdrop for National Guard and federal agents deployed to the city as part of President Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown.

On Wednesday, it was the location of a similar show of force as heavily armed federal drug and law enforcement agents, with military-style vehicles, conducted raids in and around the park as they sought to arrest those named in the criminal complaint.

Among those arrested were Mallaly Moreno-Lopez, 32, and her boyfriend, Jackson Tarfur, 28, whom authorities believe are the main sources of fentanyl and methamphetamine in MacArthur Park.

The pair are accused of delivering narcotics to the MacArthur Park-adjacent Alvarado Corridor to be stashed in storefronts and then distributed to street-level dealers. Their Westmont residence is allegedly used as a stash location for drugs that are to be sold in MacArthur Park, according to authorities.

The complaint alleges 27 separate drug deals between March 9 and April 15 in and around the MacArthur Park area.

According to authorities, Justice Department and Drug Enforcement Administration personnel seized about 40 pounds of fentanyl at one defendant’s Calabasas residence.

Seven suspects remained at large, authorities said.

Essayli said they were at MacArthur Park on Wednesday “to liberate it,” while blaming the Democratic-led government of California for allowing the area to become what the Justice Department called an open-air drug market.

“Look, we’re here today because California policies have failed. The policies of California to let people use drugs open and notoriously, with little to no criminal consequences, is a failed experiment,” he said.

“MacArthur Park should be for families, should be for residents of Los Angeles, not for drug dealers and gangsters.”

The Los Angeles Police Department said it assisted the federal agencies in the operation.

President Donald Trump speaks during an event honoring military mothers and spouses in the East Room of the White House in Washington on Wednesday. Photo by Bonnie Cash/UPI | License Photo



Source link

European airlines could go bust by September if fuel crisis continues, airline boss warns

AIRLINES across Europe could collapse by September if the fuel crisis continues, the boss of Wizz Air has warned.

The ongoing war in Iran has seen the closure of the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s busiest shipping routes.

This has meant a shortage in fuel, including jet fuel, which has resulted in prices per barrel doubling in price.

Wizz Air chief executive József Váradi has since warned that airlines will be forced into closing if the prices remain high.

He told the Telegraph: “Airlines go bust two times a year, in September and February [and] airlines with weak liquidity positions will come under immense pressure in September time.

“At the moment, all airlines are selling against summer demand, which is the highest-priced capacity during the year – but you run out of steam by the end of June.”

PLANE MAD

Nine airlines that have cancelled flights as Iran war fuel crisis continues


HOL-D OFF

Brits warned summer holidays ARE at risk of being cancelled as jet fuel runs low

He added that airlines will be fine during summer as they are “making money” due to demand.

However, he said that winter was not the same, which will see a “flood of capacity removed” in September and October.

In the worst chaos scenario – which he called an “Armageddon situation,” Wizz Air could cancel up to 30 per cent of flights.

Lots of airlines have already cancelled flights in recent weeks.

This includes: 

  • Lufthansa – 20,000 cancelled up to September
  • United – around 250 a month cancelled
  • Air New Zealand – around 1,000 cancelled
  • Scandinavian Airlines – around 1,000 cancelled
  • KLM – 160 cancelled
  • Cathay Pacific – two per cent of flights up to June 30

Here are what all the other UK airlines are saying about the fuel crisis.

Source link

UK travel company goes bust with all holidays cancelled

A TRAVEL company in the UK has gone into administration after nearly 20 years.

Regen Central Ltd, a travel company that specialises in package holidays to the likes of Europe, South East Asia and the Middle East has entered liquidation with all holidays cancelled.

Two plastic travel suitcases in an airport hall.
A UK-based travel company has cancelled all bookings Credit: Alamy

The specific number of Brits impacted by the announcement is currently unclear.

However, some Brits might not get refunds if they had a holiday booked.

Records show that the company’s ATOL protection was withdrawn on January 13.

ATOL is the UK government-backed financial protection scheme that comes into place when travellers book a package trip that includes a flight.

Read more on travel inspo

CHEAP BREAKS

UK’s best 100 cheap stays – our pick of the top hotels, holiday parks and pubs


TAKING OFF

I’ve visited 50 countries & this much-loathed budget airline is the world’s best

The licensing is required for all tour companies in the UK and guarantees that customers get a refund if the company collapses.

The UK-based travel agency launched back in 2009 and is Hertfordshire based and was known for selling holidays to the likes of Italy, Bali, Thailand and Dubai.

A spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said: “We understand the company had no outstanding ATOL-protected bookings.

“Bookings sold as accommodation only, non- flight packages, and flight only bookings for which tickets were issued are not protected by the ATOL scheme.

“As there are no outstanding ATOL-protected bookings, no refunds will be issued.”

The CAA also confirmed that any travellers seeking a refund for ATOL-protected bookings must do this through its claims process.

However, many bookings such as accommodation-only, non-flight packages and ticketed flight only deals, might not be covered by the ATOL protection scheme.

In simpler terms, this could mean for holidaymakers that have booked with Regen Central Ltd, they might not get a refund.

The spokesperson for the CAA added: “If you believe you are owed a refund for an ATOL-protected booking, under Regen Central Ltd’s ATOL, please contact us via email at claims@caa.co.uk.”

The company was officially ordered to wind-up – a court ruling that forces a company into compulsory liquidation – in May last year, with the process commencing in August.

In other travel news, a major airline has cut flights to and from UK as fuel crisis bites ahead of busy summer period.

Plus, a closed UK airport reveals more details about being able to reopen as part of a huge £193million project.

Young Asian woman in a trench coat pulling a suitcase and looking at her smartphone in an airport terminal.
But Brits might not get a refund Credit: Getty

Source link

All holidays cancelled with no refunds as major UK travel company goes bust

Regen Central Ltd has entered liquidation after losing its Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing, leaving customers without refunds after their holidays were cancelled

All bookings made with a popular British travel company have been cancelled after it entered liquidation.

Regen Central Ltd, a Hertfordshire-based travel company, sold holiday packages to Europe and Southeast Asia. It entered liquidation on January 13 after losing its Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing (ATOL).

ATOL, a scheme administered by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), provides financial protection for package holidays or flights booked through registered travel firms, covering refunds or repatriation if a firm collapses.

However, certain bookings fall outside ATOL protection, including accommodation-only and non-flight packages, leaving affected customers without the same safeguards.

The CAA said: “We understand the company had no outstanding ATOL-protected bookings. Bookings sold as accommodation only, non-flight packages, and flight only bookings for which tickets were issued are not protected by the ATOL scheme. As there are no outstanding ATOL-protected bookings, no refunds will be issued.

Content cannot be displayed without consent

READ MORE: ‘I was left in tears after my flight left without me — even though I had boarded’READ MORE: Two more major airlines forced to increase flight prices by £86 due to fuel crisis

“If you believe you are owed a refund for an ATOL-protected booking, under Regen Central Ltd’s ATOL, please contact us via email at claims@caa.co.uk.”

Regen Central Ltd was established in 2011 and offered packages to Italy, Bali and Thailand, as well as destinations in the Middle East including Dubai and Saudi Arabia. It previously traded under the names One Haji and Umrah, Regen Travels and Oneworld Travels.

It comes after holiday packages booked through Simply Florida Travel Ltd were cancelled after the company ceased trading earlier this year.

The Glasgow-based agency offered holiday packages to destinations including Disneyland, Disney World, Universal Studios, New York City, Toronto, Niagara Falls, Miami and various cruises.

Companies House records show the independent operator applied to be struck off the register on October 13, 2025. It was formally dissolved on January 6 and stopped trading as an Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing scheme-protected provider on January 20.

Several other British travel companies have collapsed in recent months, including Gold Crest Holidays, Great Little Escapes, Jetline Travel and Asiara UK Ltd.

Source link