undergoes

Rock legend Rod Stewart, 81, undergoes heart surgery and cancels all upcoming shows after pulling out of US concerts

ROCK legend Rod Stewart has undergone heart surgery and cancelled all upcoming tour dates.

The Maggie May singer had recently pulled out of two gigs in a week as fears grew over his health.

Rock legend Rod Stewart has undergone heart surgery Credit: Getty
Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster in 2001 Credit: Getty

Stewart, 81, has undergone a coronary stent procedure that was a success, his representative has said.

They added: “Doctors are pleased with his recovery, and Rod is doing very well and has returned to his normal daily activities.

“On the advice of his doctors, he will take the next four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage.

“Unfortunately, this means he will be unable to continue his current tour dates.”

HEALTH FEARS

Rod Stewart sparks concern as he pulls out of second concert in a week


GRANDPA ROD

Rod Stewart, 81, is a grandfather for sixth time as daughter welcomes 2nd child

The singer said he was recovering well and was deeply disappointed to miss the shows Credit: Getty
Stewart performs onstage at the 2026 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival at Fair Grounds Race Course Credit: Getty

Stewart canceled his Tuesday night performance at Rocket Arena in Cleveland shortly after postponing his Sunday concert in Cincinnati at Riverbend Music Center.

He also cancelled a few dates earlier this year, including two in Las Vegas and one in San Diego.

Rod was scheduled to appear through September 3 in North America, including his six-night residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and a few dates in Mexico.

In the statement the singer said: “I’m already feeling better and very much on the mend. I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me.

“I’m deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon.”

Back in June the hitmaker was forced to pull out of a gig in California, due to a respiratory infection that later triggered a bout of laryngitis.

Just a week later, Rod stopped midway through his Utah concert and was seen using an oxygen tank onstage after nearly passing out.

The surgery comes just days after he became a grandfather for the sixth time – with his daughter Ruby welcoming her second child with fiance Jake Kalick.

Ruby posted adorable pictures of her older son Otis meeting his sibling for the very first time to social media.

Rod has eight children in total with five different women.

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us on TikTok @TheSun.



Source link

Canada’s Kone undergoes major leg surgery; to miss rest of World Cup | World Cup 2026 News

Kone is expected to make full recovery after breaking his left leg, with multiple fractures, in the match against Qatar.

Canada midfielder Ismael Kone underwent surgery to repair severe fractures in his lower left leg that occurred in Thursday’s match against Qatar.

“Last night, Ismael Kone underwent successful surgery to repair a lower limb fracture,” Canada Soccer said in a statement on Friday. “He is expected to make a full recovery but will miss the remainder of FIFA World Cup 2026.”

Kone underwent surgery to repair the tibia and fibula bones in Vancouver, the site of Canada’s 6-0 victory.

Kone was injured in the 51st minute of the Group B match. Qatar midfielder Assim Madibo attempted a tackle, but his right foot brought Kone to the ground. Trainers were immediately called onto the pitch as Kone was in visible discomfort before being stretchered off moments later.

Sitting up on the stretcher, Kone gave a thumbs-up sign to the fans while taking oxygen.

After the match, Canada coach Jesse Marsch said he “could hear the bone snap.”

On Friday, Marsch described the scene at the hospital.

“By the time we got to him, he’d already had some drugs to help sedate him a little bit,” Marsch said at a news conference. “He was being prepared to go into the operating room. But he was in really good spirits and he was adamant that he’s going to be fine.

“[The surgery] took about an hour and a half and they had three surgeons. I think what happened is the surgeons watched it on TV and they saw what happened and they knew right away. And so they brought their top three surgeons to the hospital immediately to take care of him.

“So by the time he got there, the surgeons were there and they were ready. And then we just had to communicate with our medical team and make sure that the surgery was the best option that we thought. But I could see by meeting them and hearing what they had to say about the situation that they he was in really good hands. So the surgery they said went really well.”

A video review of the play resulted in Madibo being shown a red card, Qatar’s second of the game, leaving the team with nine players to finish the match. Madibo later apologised to Kone.

Canada meet Switzerland in Vancouver on Wednesday, with both teams having four points apiece after their first two fixtures. Their third match will determine the winner of Group B.

Nathan Saliba, who replaced the injured Kone and scored Canada’s fourth goal, celebrated by racing to the sideline to hold up a replica of the stricken Kone’s Canadian shirt and pointing to his shirt number, eight.

Soccer Football - FIFA World Cup 2026 - Group B - Canada v Qatar - BC Place, Vancouver, Canada - June 18, 2026 Canada's Nathan Saliba holds up the shirt of injured player Ismael Kone as he celebrates scoring their fourth goal IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters/Anne-Marie Sorvin
Saliba holds up Kone’s shirt [Anne-Marie Sorvin/Reuters]

Source link

Olivia Attwood shows off daring bum snap as she undergoes treatment ahead of bikini season

OLIVIA Attwood undergoes treatment whilst showing off risqué bum snap as she prepares for bikini season.

The stunning TV star, 35, is topping up her curves with a bum enhancing regimen amid her high-profile romance with Pete Wicks.

Olivia Attwood undergoes treatment whilst showing off risqué bum snap as she prepares for bikini season Credit: Instagram
The stunning TV star is topping up her curves with a bum enhancing regimen Credit: Instagram
Taking to her Instagram stories Olivia shared a body pic of herself hooked up to a machine at a clinic Credit: Instagram

Taking to her Instagram Stories Olivia shared a body pic of herself hooked up to a machine at a clinic. 

The reality beauty was snapped face down as the daring bum pic revealed her covered in wires undergoing a treatment known as Truflex.

The non-invasive procedure acts as a muscle stimulant which aims to strengthen, tone, and firm the glutes.

Olivia added the caption: “We are not f****** around this season.”

READ MORE ON OLIVIA ATTWOOD

CRYPTIC LIV

Olivia Attwood hints at trouble in paradise with Pete Wicks in cryptic post


YACHT THE HELL

Olivia Attwood and Pete Wicks snubbed from KISS Ibiza trip

In additional text alongside the risque snap, she penned: “Truflex at @sadaf_jaffari I have had better results with this than emsculpt personally depends on your goal x”

In another one of her recent social media posts Olivia had appeared to have undergone an eye treatment with a mirror selfie showing noticeable swelling around her eyes. 

The photo dump which also showed Olivia appearing downcast in several snaps which had sparked worry with fans that there could be trouble in her relationship.

Looking downcast in one photo, Olivia pouted and didn’t look very impressed.

The images that followed were of her dogs, with a snap being of her taking a selfie in an elevator.

It also included a pic of Olivia beaming whilst getting her hair and makeup done. 

Olivia is preparing for bikini season amid her high profile relationship with Pete Wicks Credit: Instagram/Olivia_attwood
In another one of her recent social media posts Olivia had appeared to have undergone an eye treatment Credit: Instagram

The photos had left people alarmed by the lack of Pete appearing in the post, despite the pair dating for a while now.

But it seemed all was to be good in paradise as eagle-eyed fans spotted a sign that all might be well between the pair.

One person seemed to spot Pete’s dog in one of the snaps.

“Yay to Rodney. Was hoping to spot some subtle Pete hints and also wondered if the dogs are mates with eachother! (So invested),” one person penned.

While another added: “Yes Rodney!!!!!!!”

And a third penned: “Hard launching Rodney!”

“Stitch, Lola & Rodney,” penned another, spelling out how Olivia’s pups Stitch and Lola, were now pally with Pete’s dog Rodney.

Source link