VICTORIA Bechkam has shared an emotional photo and message for son Brooklyn as the festive season begins.
The mum posted a heartbreaking sign she wants son Brooklyn home for Christmas amid their ongoing family feud.
Sign up for the Showbiz newsletter
Thank you!
Victoria Beckham has sent an olive branch to estranged son BrookylnCredit: GettyVictoria posted a sweet video and poignant pic of Brooklyn’s Christmas stockingCredit: InstagramVictoria’s gesture is proving that she’s still thinking of her eldest son during this difficult timeCredit: Instagram
The family have been at odds for months but Victoria has sent an olive branch, proving she’s still thinking of her eldest son.
The singer and fashion mogul took to her Instagram Stories to share a video from her mother Jackie’s home, where all the grandchildren’s Christmas stockings are up.
Notably tied to the fireplace was Brooklyn’s embroidered name into his very own stocking.
Speaking to the camera as she panned over the decorations, she said: “So I’m here at my mom and dad’s house and look how cute.
This week Cruz took to his social media posting a cryptic message hinting that the family rift is getting the better of him.
Alongside a close-up photo of his face he wrote: “Life is too short to be silence, at least talk it out,” with a crying face emoji.
It seemed to be a subtle plea for his older brother to reach out to him in a bid to hash things out once and for all.
The pair are still not following each other on social media, suggesting they’re still in the midst of a feud.
The once tight knit Beckham clan was pulled apart earlier this year when Brooklyn and wife Nicola Peltz failed to attend his dad’s 50th birthday party.
Hot sauce entrepreneur Brooklyn was also absent from dad David’s knighthood celebrations earlier this month.
Golden Balls marked the honour, given to him by King Charles inside Windsor Castle, with a Michelin star meal at pal Gordon Ramsay‘s Chelsea restaurant.
One of which, David’s fishing trip to Scotland with sons Cruz and Romeo, saw the dad-of-four write on Instagram afterwards: “You were missed Brooklyn Beckham.”
An insider has now said that while a public apology won’t thaw the ice overnight, it would go a long way to healing the feud which is said to be fuelled by ‘anti-Nicola’ stories briefed to the media.
It was previously claimed that a close aide of Victoria and David was responsible for circulating negative stories about Nicola and her family to manipulate a media narrative.
A source told the Mail: “There is an obvious first step which would be a public acknowledgement [by David and Victoria] of what they did, and an apology.
“It cannot be a performative thing. There is no realistic chance of a reconciliation without that happening first.”
The insider added: “It is hard to understand the intensity and the escalation. It seems that they thought they could heap abuse on Nicola without any consequence. They did not let up.
“It matters what was written. It seemed as if things were being said without any regard being paid to the impact on Brooklyn. He is loyal to his wife.”
The once tight knit Beckhams had been pulled apart with the bitter family feudCredit: INSTAGRAMCruz Beckham shares cryptic post saying to ‘talk it out’ amid feud with brother BrooklynCredit: InstagramVictoria shared an emotional photo and message for her son, pictured here with his family in happier times, as the festive season beginsCredit: Instagram
Beijing carries out emergency launch to relieve space station crew left without working return capsule.
Published On 25 Nov 202525 Nov 2025
Share
China has rushed to launch an uncrewed spacecraft to relieve three astronauts left on board the Tiangong space station without a passage to Earth.
State broadcaster CCTV showed a Long March-2F rocket carrying the Shenzhou-22 spacecraft lifting off from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre shortly after noon local time (04:00 GMT) on Tuesday.
Recommended Stories
list of 4 itemsend of list
The Shenzhou-22 mission was originally planned to be crewed and take off in 2026.
However, the launch was brought forward after debris damaged the Shenzhou-20, which is currently attached to the Tiangong station, making it unsafe for carrying humans to Earth.
That disrupted the last crew change on the permanently crewed Chinese space station in November.
Unable to fly home in Shenzhou-20, the three astronauts who had arrived in April for their six-month stay were forced to use Shenzhou-21 to return to Earth.
That left the three astronauts currently on board Tiangong without a flightworthy vessel that could return them home in the event of an emergency.
The uncrewed Shenzhou-22 will fill that gap.
The crew at the space station – Zhang Lu, Wu Fei and Zhang Hongzhang – are “working normally”, Chinese officials emphasised.
The incident marks a rare setback for China’s rapidly growing space programme, which plans to send astronauts to the moon by 2030.
Beijing has poured billions into the sector in recent decades as it seeks to match the capabilities of the United States, Russia and Europe.
China became the third country to send humans into orbit after the US and the former Soviet Union in 2022.
BBC Radio 2 presenter Sara Cox has been running the equivalent of five marathons in five days to raise money for Children in Need – and just received a message from Prince William
US President Donald Trump called the corruption trial against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a ‘political, unjustified prosecution’ as he requested the country’s president pardon him. However, under Israeli law, such a request can only be made by the person accused of wrongdoing, a legal representative, or a family member.
A chartered flight from the UK government evacuating British nationals from Jamaica in the wake of Hurricane Melissa is due to land at London’s Gatwick Airport on Sunday.
The flight, which left Kingston’s Norman Manley International Airport, comes after the UK flew aid in earlier in the day as part of a £7.5m regional emergency package.
Some of the funding will be used to match public donations up to £1m to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent – with King Charles and Queen Camilla among those who have donated.
Despite aid arriving in Jamaica in recent days, blocked roads have complicated distribution after Hurricane Melissa devastated parts of the island, killing at least 19 people.
The hurricane made landfall in Jamaica on Tuesday as a category five storm and was one of the most powerful hurricanes ever measured in the Caribbean.
Melissa swept across the region over a number of days and left behind a trail of destruction and dozens of people dead. In Haiti, at least 30 people were killed, while Cuba also saw flooding and landslides.
Jamaica’s Information Minister Dana Morris Dixon said on Friday “there are entire communities that seem to be marooned and areas that seem to be flattened”.
Around 8,000 British nationals were thought to have been on the island when the hurricane hit.
The UK foreign office has asked citizens there to register their presence and also advises travellers to contact their airline to check whether commercial options are available.
The UK initially set aside a £2.5m immediate financial support package for the region, with an additional £5m announced by Foreign Secretary Yvette Cooper on Friday.
Cooper said the announcement came as “more information is now coming through on the scale of devastation caused by Hurricane Melissa, with homes damaged, roads blocks and lives lost”.
The British Red Cross said the King and Queen’s donation would help the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) “continue its lifesaving work” – which includes search and rescue efforts in Jamaica as well as ensuring access to healthcare, safe shelter and clean water.
The Red Cross said that 72% of people across Jamaica still do not have electricity and around 6,000 are in emergency shelters.
Until the Jamaican government can get the broken electricity grid back up and running, any generators aid agencies can distribute will be vital.
So too will tarpaulins, given the extent of the housing crisis.
Meanwhile, with so many in need of clean drinking water and basic food, patience is wearing thin and there are more reports of desperate people entering supermarkets to gather and give out whatever food they can find.
The BBC has seen queues for petrol pumps, with people waiting for hours to then be told there is no fuel left when they reach the front of the queue.
Some people are seeking fuel for generators, others for a car to reach an area in which they can contact people, with the power down across most of the island.
The country’s health minister, Dr Christopher Tufton, on Saturday described “significant damage” across a number of hospitals – with the Black River Hospital in St Elizabeth being the most severely affected.
“That facility will have to be for now totally relocated in terms of services,” he said.
“The immediate challenge of the impacted hospitals is to preserve accident and emergency services,” Dr Tufton added. “What we’re seeing is that a lot of people are coming in now to these facilities with trauma-related [injuries] from falls from the roof, to ladders, to nails penetrating their feet”.
The minister said arrangements had been made for the ongoing supply of fuel to the facilities as well as a “daily supply of water”.
Although aid is entering the country, landslides, downed power lines and fallen trees have made certain roads impassable.
However, some of the worst affected areas of Jamaica should finally receive some relief in the coming hours.
At least one aid organisation, Global Empowerment Mission, rolled out this morning from Kingston with a seven-truck convoy to Black River, the badly damaged town of western Jamaica, carrying packs of humanitarian assistance put together by volunteers from the Jamaican diaspora community in Florida.
Help is also coming in from other aid groups and foreign governments via helicopter.
It remains only a small part of what the affected communities need but authorities insist more is coming soon.
Ukrainian army chief says effort continues ‘to destroy and dislodge’ Russian forces from strategic Donetsk region city.
Published On 1 Nov 20251 Nov 2025
Share
Ukraine has deployed special forces to the embattled eastern city of Pokrovsk, the country’s top military commander said, as Kyiv seeks to maintain control of the area amid an intense Russian offensive.
Russia has been trying to capture Pokrovsk, dubbed “the gateway to Donetsk”, since mid-2024 in its campaign to control the entirety of the eastern Donetsk region.
Recommended Stories
list of 3 itemsend of list
“We are holding Pokrovsk,” Ukraine’s army chief Oleksandr Syrskii said on Facebook on Saturday. “A comprehensive operation to destroy and dislodge enemy forces from Pokrovsk is ongoing.”
Home to more than 60,000 people before the Russia-Ukraine war began in February 2022, Pokrovsk lies on a major supply route for the Ukrainian army.
Taking control of the city would be the most important Russian territorial gain inside Ukraine since Moscow took over Avdiivka in early 2024 after one of the bloodiest battles of the conflict.
Russia and Ukraine have presented conflicting accounts of what has been happening in Pokrovsk in recent days.
The Russian Ministry of Defence on Saturday claimed its forces had defeated the team of Ukrainian special forces that were sent to the city. It later posted videos showing two men it said were Ukrainians who had surrendered.
The footage shows the men, one dressed in fatigues and the other in a dark green jacket, sitting against a peeling wall in a dark room, as they speak of fierce fighting and encirclement by Russian forces.
The video’s authenticity could not be independently verified, and there was no immediate public comment from Kyiv on the Russian ministry’s claims.
Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed last week that his forces had encircled the city’s Ukrainian defenders.
But Syrskii, the Ukrainian army chief, said on Saturday that while the situation in Pokrovsk remains “hardest” for Ukrainian forces, there is no encirclement or blockade as Russia has claimed.
“The main burden lies on the shoulders of the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, particularly UAV operators and assault units,” Syrskii said.
For his part, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy acknowledged on Friday that some Russian units had infiltrated Pokrovsk, but he insisted that Kyiv is weeding them out.
Russian officials say control of Pokrovsk and Kostiantynivka to its northeast would allow Moscow to drive north towards the two biggest remaining Ukrainian-controlled cities in Donetsk – Kramatorsk and Sloviansk.