Prix

Maya Jama looks incredible as she joins David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand for Qatar Grand Prix

MAYA Jama looked incredible as she joined David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand for the Qatar Grand Prix.

The Love Island host, 31, dialled up the glamour as she walked the Circuit in a strapless black dress which showed off every inch of her toned figure.

Maya Jama looked incredible as she joined David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand for the Qatar Grand PrixCredit: Getty
The Love Island host, 31, dialled up the glamour as she walked the Circuit in a strapless black dress which showed off every inch of her toned figureCredit: Getty
Maya joined the likes of Sir David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville ahead of the penultimate race of the seasonCredit: Getty

Maya joined the likes of Sir David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville ahead of the penultimate race of the season.

Rio and Gary met guests in the paddock as organisers highlighted the Grand Prix’s entertainment across the weekend.

The event was expected to attract more than 150,000 spectators across three days, according to reports.

Lando Norris finished fourth in the thrilling Qatar race while bitter rival Max Verstappen topped the podium.

HEARTBROKEN

Stormzy left devastated as beloved Rottweiler he owned with Maya Jama dies


tv friction

Maya Jama was cold with me on Love Island & I struggle with English, says Blu

But he will have to wait until the final race of the season if he is to clinch his first World Drivers’ Championship.

And it means that Norris is only 12 points ahead of Verstappen going into the Abu Dhabi thriller.

Meanwhile, Maya has shaken up her schedule for the next series of Love Island — to cosy up with her football star lover Ruben Dias.

The dating show host will fly home during breaks in filming for this January’s All Stars edition in Cape Town so she can spend time with the Manchester City defender back home.

Normally, Maya moves into a private villa for the ITV show, which in 2026 will run for six weeks, longer than usual.

However Portugual star Ruben, 28, is unlikely to be able to fly out to see her owing to the Premier League club’s gruelling fixture list.

A source said: “Maya and Ruben are happier than ever and will be keen to see each other whilst she films All Stars, which is back for an extended run in 2026.

“He’s extremely unlikely to be able to take time out of training and visit Cape Town so Maya will fly back when she can around ITV’s schedule.”

Maya will fly to Cape Town in the first week of January, but filming coincides with a congested fixture list for Manchester City.

Their matches include a derby clash at Manchester United on January 17 and a crucial game away to Liverpool on February 7.

Maya’s rapper ex Stormzy visited her during filming for 2024’s series and even appeared during the final.

They split in July that year and she met Ruben at the MTV EMAs last November.

They kept their romance under wraps until March this year but now regularly post snaps of them out and about together.

Last month they were spotted checking out a £4million mansion in Cheshire’s Alderley Edge, a favourite for wealthy footballers.

Maya has changed her schedule for next year’s Love IslandCredit: Getty
Maya alongside Kevin Hart on the grid during the F1 Grand Prix of QatarCredit: Getty
Maya looked stunning alongside Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on the grid during the F1 Grand Prix of QatarCredit: Getty
David Beckham also attended the thrilling event which brought in thousands of guestsCredit: Getty
Sir David Beckham walked the circuit ahead of the penultimate race of the seasonCredit: Getty

Source link

Las Vegas Grand Prix result: Max Verstappen wins as Lando Norris extends lead over Oscar Piastri

At the start, Norris was true to his claim that he was “not here not to take risks” as he fought hard to defend his advantage from pole position from Verstappen.

But after an aggressive cut in front of Verstappen to head off the Dutchman’s attack on the inside, Norris misjudged his braking point and ran deep into the corner.

That allowed Verstappen to drive past into the lead while Norris also lost second place to Russell.

Through two virtual safety cars for some early incidents, including at the start when Racing Bulls’ Liam Lawson collided with Piastri, Verstappen slowly stamped his authority on the race.

Russell made an early pit stop for the hard tyres, but Norris and Verstappen stayed out.

Norris stopped five laps after the Mercedes and Verstappen 10.

Verstappen was able to rejoin still in the lead, Russell having been unable to close in on the Red Bull despite his fresher tyres.

Norris rejoined behind Russell from his stop but after a few cautious laps to allow his tyres to settle, soon closed his 3.3-second deficit to the Mercedes and swept by into second place on lap 34.

Norris asked his engineer how to run the rest of his race, effectively asking whether he should settle for second or attack.

He was told to “go and get Max” but it soon became clear he had no chance. Verstappen was easily able to repel Norris’ attacks, and in the closing stages the margin extended significantly as the McLaren began to suffer a technical issue which has so far not been defined.

Despite losing nearly three seconds a lap, Norris was able to hold off Russell because of the size of the advantage he had built while chasing Verstappen.

The Red Bull driver’s sixth win of the season – only one behind both McLaren drivers – was taken in emphatic style and and keeps him in title contention, at least mathematically, even if he requires problems for Norris in both remaining races to overtake him.

“It’s still a big gap, we always try and maximise everything we’ve got,” Verstappen said.

“In upcoming weekends we will try and win the race and at the end of Abu Dhabi we will see where we end up, but I’m very proud of everyone.”

Source link

Las Vegas Grand Prix: Lando Norris on pole with Oscar Piastri fifth

The conditions were treacherous, the session starting after heavy rain on a track wet enough for the extreme wet tyres, which nearly all drivers used throughout the first two sessions.

Norris was not especially fast on the extreme wet tyres, but once on to the intermediate tyres in the final session was consistently the fastest driver on track.

Verstappen, usually so strong in wet conditions, was not quite on the Briton’s level but his second place on the grid makes him a serious threat for the lead into the first corner of the race given his usually aggressive start to races.

Norris survived a wobble on his final lap when he hit the kerb through the Turns 14, 15, 16 chicane but was still fast enough for pole as others behind him were affected by a yellow flag caused by Piastri as he tried to negotiate Racing Bulls’ Isack Hadjar on his inside, which forced him to run wide.

“That was stressful, stressful as hell,” Norris said. “I didn’t know no-one else would get a lap after me. The first two sectors were good. As soon as you hit the kerb a little bit wrong it’s tricky, it snapped one way and then the other but good enough for pole.

“No-one’s driven here in the wet before. After Q1, every corner you felt like you could crash every corner. One lap at a time. It was a tricky one.”

Piastri told Sky Sports: “There was more out there that we didn’t get to use. We’ve got a good car underneath us that seems to be working well in all conditions so we can have a strong race tomorrow and hopefully make up some spots.”

Source link

Las Vegas Grand Prix 2025: Lando Norris fastest in Friday practice as loose manhole cover disrupts session

Championship leader Lando Norris was fastest in a second practice session at the Las Vegas Grand Prix interrupted and then curtailed by a loose manhole cover.

The McLaren driver was 0.029 seconds ahead of Mercedes’ Kimi Antonelli, with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc third, 0.161secs off the pace.

But the interruptions to the session meant a number of top drivers did not get runs on the soft tyre during the session, including Norris’ team-mate and title rival Oscar Piastri, Red Bull’s Max Verstappen and Ferrari’s Lewis Hamilton.

The manhole cover will likely mean a long night for race officials.

The problem emerged at Turn 17, the final corner, about 20 minutes before the end of the session.

Source link

Sao Paulo Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton describes his first season at Ferrari as ‘a nightmare’

It completed a miserable day for Ferrari with Charles Leclerc retiring earlier in the race after a collision with Mercedes’ Kimi Antonelli broke his front suspension. The Italian rookie had been knocked into Leclerc’s path by the McLaren of Oscar Piastri.

In a separate interview with Viaplay, Hamilton was more optimistic about the Ferrari and what he might be able to achieve in the future.

“It would be wrong to say that there are no positives at all,” he said.

“If you look at Charles’ performance in qualifying, it shows that the car does have some pace in it.

“But we are just really having to fight through those hardships at the moment. I have to believe that these hardships lead to… I believe there is something extraordinary up ahead in my life and in my destiny.

“I truly still believe in this team and what we can achieve together. I just have to keep pushing and keep giving them everything I can.”

The double Ferrari retirement in Sao Paulo left them fourth in the constructors’ championship, with Mercedes now 36 points clear in second and Red Bull third.

Source link

Sao Paulo Grand Prix: Lando Norris takes sprint pole with Oscar Piastri third in Interlagos

Hamilton also faces an investigation for failing to slow sufficiently for the yellow flags waved when Leclerc lost control.

Norris topped all three sessions in sprint qualifying and had a comfortable advantage over Piastri throughout.

He said: “It was a little bit tougher than I would have liked. But we did the job we needed to do, which was to be fastest today.

“Qualifying is always one of the best things here. It’s difficulty, it’s bumpy, it’s tricky, always a joy, always puts a smile on your face.

“But a long weekend, another qualifying and another couple of races to go but a good start.”

Rain is forecast for Saturday morning in Sao Paulo, when the sprint race is due to start at 14:00 GMT. Qualifying for the grand prix is at 18:00.

Norris’ result is the best possible start to the weekend and gives him the opportunity to build his championship lead – eight points are awarded to the winner of the sprint, seven for second and so on down to eighth place.

Antonelli impressed in second, his best time set on his first lap, while the surprise package of qualifying was Alonso, who set the fastest time in the second session and was just 0.253secs off pole in his midfield car in the final shootout.

His team-mate Lance Stroll was seventh fastest, ahead of Leclerc, Racing Bulls’ Iscak Hadjar and Sauber’s Nico Hulkenberg.

Source link

Sao Paulo Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton says F1 needs to address lack of ‘transparency’ of race stewards

He added: “It’s something that definitely needs to be tackled. But that’s probably something that needs to be done in the background, I would imagine.”

Hamilton made an oblique reference to the 2021 championship decider in Abu Dhabi, where he controversially lost out on the title to Verstappen as a result of former race director Michael Masi failing to apply the rules correctly during a late-race safety car period.

At the time, race stewards declined to overturn Masi’s decisions. The Australian was later fired by governing body the FIA, before a report into the incident concluded that Masi’s decisions were the result of “human error”.

Speaking before this weekend’s Sao Paulo Grand Prix, Hamilton said: “I don’t know if they’re aware of the weight of their decisions. They ultimately steer careers. Can decide results of championships, as you’ve seen in the past. Some work needs to be done there, I’m sure.”

The FIA does not comment on stewards’ decisions as they are meant to operate independently from the governing body.

Source link

Superstar DJ announced as first headliner for British Grand Prix at Silverstone

SUPERSTAR DJ David Guetta has been announced as the first headliner for the 2026 Formula 1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The Titanium hitmaker, 57, will join star-studded music line-up at the event, that features a variety of artists across multiple stages.

David Guetta has been announced as the first headliner for 2026 Formula 1 British Grand PrixCredit: Getty – Contributor
The Titanium hitmaker will join star-studded music line-upCredit: AFP
The announcement sees Guetta join a stellar list of past British Grand PrixCredit: PA

The performance will mark Guetta’s only UK appearance of his global MONOLITH tour next summer.

Having attracted record crowds of 500,000 last summer, the home of British motorsport is set to go bigger and better, with a line-up of international musicians.

The announcement sees Guetta join a stellar list of past British Grand Prix headliners that includes Stormzy, RAYE, Sam Fender, Fatboy Slim and Becky Hill.

Ahead of the big performance, David Guetta said: “I’ve played some incredible shows around the world, but performing at Silverstone during the British Grand Prix is going to be something truly special.

READ MORE ON DAVID GUETTA

talk it out

David Guetta in very animated discussion with ex wife Cathy in Ibiza


GUETTA NEW GIRL

David Guetta, 54, splits from actress girlfriend, 30, after seven years

“I’ve always been drawn to Formula 1 – the atmosphere, the adrenaline, the passion – it’s everything I love.

“I even made a music video inspired by F1 years ago.

“I can’t wait to bring my energy to the main stage and make it an unforgettable night.”

The BRIT and Grammy-winning icon will open the four-day celebration on Thursday 2 July, delivering his world-famous high-energy set packed with global hits.

Guetta’s Silverstone debut promises to kickstart the Grand Prix weekend
with an unforgettable party and marks a fitting full-circle moment for the French DJ, whose 2014 Dangerous music video paid tribute to Formula 1, featuring F1 legend Romain Grosjean.

More headliners and entertainment acts will be announced in the coming months, alongside
on-track programming and fan experiences.

Tickets for the 2026 British Grand Prix are now available online.

The BRIT and Grammy-winning icon will open the four-day celebrationCredit: Getty

Source link