60m

Liverpool transfer news: £60m Yankuba Minteh bid rejected by Brighton

Since Iraola replaced Arne Slot as Liverpool head coach, the Reds have signed Victor Munoz for £34.5m and Ronald Araujo on loan from Barcelona.

Jeremy Jacquet, the French centre-half, also arrived from Rennes in a deal worth £60m, but that was agreed back in January.

In terms of outgoings, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson and Ibrahima Konate all left the club over the summer while Curtis Jones is in Italy to complete a £30m move to Inter Milan.

Iraola added: “You are asking me what we need – there are certain situations that for me are clear – especially now on the wing because we don’t have enough players specific to play in those positions.

“And then in other positions, I think we have to be open-minded in the market to see situations that honestly can improve our team.

“It’s not about signing because we need a player here. No, it’s about improving the squad. And we have very good players already here, so to improve our very good players, you need like a specific level of player, yes.”

In a separate interview with Jamie Carragher on Sky Sports, he said: “We will definitely sign some players. Some deals you have to wait until the end. But the end is the important picture, the one we will have on September 1. Because it is true that we are still quite thin.”

It’s not the first time that Iraola has said words to that effect, having echoed similar sentiments during Liverpool‘s pre-season tour in the USA when discussing Liverpool‘s defensive options, and internally the belief at Anfield is that it will be a busy end to the window for Liverpool

On Jones’ move to Inter Milan, Iraola said: “With Curtis, you know. I think it’s still not official but there is an ongoing situation. I understood with Curtis. I talked to him. I think in the first or second training session we talked.

“I value him a lot as a player. He loved this club – it was very clear since the beginning for me – but I understood that probably the outcome was going to be what it has been at the end.

“I’ve never hid it – for me Curtis is a very good player. A very, very good player, but I understood straight away when he talked to me about his situation. It was a situation that could happen and it looks like it is going to happen.”

Source link

Rodri: Man City open to selling midfielder for £60m

Manchester City are open to selling midfielder Rodri but would demand more than £60m as Barcelona accelerate their interest in signing the Spain captain, sources have told BBC Sport.

The 30-year-old enters the final year of his contract at Etihad Stadium and is yet to sign a new deal, with speculation rife about his future this summer.

It looked like Real Madrid would be his next destination but La Liga rivals Barcelona now seem to be leading the race after sources told BBC Sport on Thursday that the club had the player’s approval to open negotiations with City.

Barca sources had initially told BBC Sport there were no guarantees any deal would be made but the situation now looks to be developing.

The club said on Friday they are in ongoing conversations with the player’s representatives.

BBC sources say talks with Real have now ended.

Rodri missed much of the 2024-25 campaign after sustaining a serious knee injury, and parts of last season were disrupted by a hamstring issue.

However, the 2024 Ballon d’Or winner was back to his best at the World Cup in the summer, leading Spain to their second title and being named player of the tournament.

He is currently out of action after undergoing back surgery last month and is scheduled to link back up with his City team-mates in Manchester early next week.

Approaching the second week of August in the transfer window, City will be aiming to resolve Rodri’s future swiftly in order to sign a replacement.

Talks are ongoing to sign 18-year-old Morocco midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi from Lille, but the French club’s £86m asking price appears to be a sticking point.

Source link

Brand new £60m aquadrome with water slides, party rooms and padel courts is confirmed for UK

PLANS for a huge aquadrome with slides, party rooms and padel courts have been confirmed.

The proposed £60million site would be located in a major UK market town.

Illustration of a large, modern building with a curved roof, extensive glass facade, and a textured pattern on the upper walls, with people entering and cars parked in front.
The proposed facility includes brand new water slides and gym equipment Credit: Unknown
Illustration of people walking outside a modern building with a coat of arms on its facade.
If plans are approved, the leisure site could be opened within the next three years Credit: Unknown

A brand new Aquadrome could come to Basingstoke, in Hampshire, after the council confirmed a contract has been signed with Places Leisure to manage the site.

Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council said that work will now begin to finalise the design of the water and leisure complex, ahead of submitting the planning permission this autumn.

According to the plans, the new £60million centre is set to include a 25-metre competition pool, a leisure park with slides, a 150-station gym, indoor play and party rooms.

A luxury health suite, Reformer Pilates studio and padel tennis courts have also been proposed.

PITCH UP

Spanish campsite with tropical waterpark & Maldives-like pools is £16pp a night


GO SEA IT

New ‘Center Parcs by the sea’ to be built on abandoned UK theme park under plans

If approved, the complex will be built in a new location on the leisure park, with an expected completion date of 2029.

The existing Aquadrome will remain open until the new facility is completed.

Places Leisure – who operate over 90 leisure facilities across the UK – will also take over the management of Basingstoke Golf Centre & Knights Realm Adventure Golf and Tadley Health & Fitness Centre from 2027.

The town‘s existing Aquadrome opened more than 24 years ago in 2002, and is currently run by Serco and Basingstoke and Deane Community Leisure Trust.

At the time plans were announced, Dan Walker, business development director at Places Leisure, said: “The new landmark leisure destination is an investment in health and wellbeing for the entire community.

“We look forward to working closely with local partners, colleagues, residents and community groups to shape a facility that truly reflects the needs and aspirations of the area.”

The new Aquadrome forms part of a wider regeneration of the leisure park, which includes new play areas, nature trails, a “flexible use” plaza and cultural hub.

Source link